Chapter 17

Online [Michaeng]

"I'm back. Here have a sip" I hand her the drink but she ignores. I nudge the drink to the shoulder trying to get her attention but she keeps facing the window.
"hey, are you okay?" I greet and ask her again slowly but suddenly I could hear her soft snore throughout the car. I smile at the sight and decide to not wake her up. I put the drink down at the holder and prepare myself to drive when suddenly I notice some movement from the person beside me slowly waking up. She stretch her long arms to the air and looks at me sleepyly.
"oh hey" she greets me lazily and straighten up her posture.
"hey, sorry I wake you up"
"it's fine. What took you so long?" she asks.
"nothing really, we chatted, she said she's moving to Thailand with her girlfriend bla bla bla that's all" I say not taking my eyes off the road.
"wait what? She's moving?"
"Yeah, with her girlfriend Lisa, Lalisa Manoban"
"e-eh? She's moving? I thought it was gonna be another crazy confession just like Somi's"
"lol no, she did confessed that she had a crush on me. Had, past tense"  I say before honking on a BMW who's about to hit me. 
"What the f- yo watch where you're going" I shout knowing he or she won't hear me anyway but whatever. 
"it's weird how every girl have or had a crush on you but you were single until you met me. How come nobody came confessed to you when you were single?" she asks looking at the window. 
"I don't know. I guess I'm not girlfriend-worthy?" I laugh at my own joke and so as Mina before I enter the mall parking lot. 
"damn there's a of people" I say as I look around for parking spot. I spot an empty parking spot near the lift and park there. 
"why do you dress like that?" I ask Mina. She's in a knee-length white dress with a white rose at the chest. Also sleeveless. 
"why? You don't like it?" she says clinging into me. 
"no, it's just..." I look away blushing. "...you look beautiful I can't help it" 
"I remember that I wow-ed you with this dress during my first day of school so I mean why not" she says releasing the cling and put her arm on my shoulder. 
"well you can literally wow me with anything you wear because you yourself is gorgeous" I say in full honesty, nodding me head. 
"by the way where are we going?" I ask because she keeps dragging me to how knows where. 
"it's a secret" she looks at me and winks making me blush, again. 
We enter the lift and she presses the 3rd floor button. I anxiously stand in between Mina's arm shaking. 
"what's wrong sweetheart?" she asks. 
"I'm scared of lift moving" I say with my eyes closed. Yes I'm scared of lift. It may sounds funny but I had this unforgettable experience when I was 7 years old where the lift suddenly stop for a few minutes before shaking uncontrollably and jolted down a bit. It took about 15 minuets before help came and I'm afraid of lift since then. 
"Hey don't worry okay? You have me and I will protect you okay? And if you told me earlier we could have taken the stairs or whatever" she says, hugging me. I can feel the warmth of hers tingling into mine and it automatically relaxes me. 
"it's tiring you know, for you" I say, enjoying her warmth. 
"oh I would min-" the lift reaches the 3rd floor with a slight ding. I immediately run out of the lift, probably hit some people who walks in. 
"Hey kid watch where you're going!" a middle aged man with a beard and slightly blond hair shouts at me. 
"I apologize Sir" I bow 90 degrees to him before he steps in the lift. I sigh very loudly and perk my lips. 
"do I look like a kid?" I ask her. 
"aw come on everyone makes mistake sweetheart. Now let's go" she grabs my hand and starts walking. 
______________________________

"Excuse me" 
I turn around, no one. 
"Down here miss" 
I look down, there's a little girl wearing a white t-shirt with a pink flower on its chest and a plain little baby pink skirt. From the back of my seat she runs to the front. 
"Hey little girl are you lost?" I ask her before offering the seat beside me. Mina is away buying McDonald's ice cream. 
"no, my mom is there" she points at one of the store, clothing store to the exact. 
"so what can I help you cutie?" 
"may I ask you a question?" she asks with her sparkling eyes that no one can resist.
"go ahead"
"are you..." she points at me "...and that beautiful lady over there..." she points a Mina who is queuing in front of McDonald's ice cream stall "...a couple?" she asks, a bit hesitant. I smile at her cuteness and pat her head gently. 
"yes, we are a couple" I look at her. Waiting for her reply. I don't expect any good reply from her but to my surprise her eyebrows raises to her excitement. 
"So cool! I didn't know girls can like girls" she says, hopping a little. 
"and boys can like boys too" I add. 
"I didn't know this, my mom always say 'you're gonna marry a boy one day so be nice'" she says mimicking her mom is voice. I laugh at her cuteness.
"how do you know we are a couple?" I ask her. 
"oh I saw that lady kissed your cheek just now so I ran here out of curiosity" she replies, swinging her legs back and front. 
"aww you're so cute" I pinch her cheek gently and sink my hand in my jeans pocket.
"here you can have this" I hand her my strawberry lollipop. 
"but mom said not to take anything for strangers" she replies faking a smile.
"aww you're such a good girl, you listen to what you mom says" I pat her head again. 
"but I'm a good person. You see, if I'm not, that beautiful lady over there..." I point at Mina "...wouldn't be interested in me you know" I smile. 
"you do seem like a good person" she says softly. 
"just take this..." I put the lollipop in her hand "...and don't tell your mom okay? Don't tell your mom you received this from me" 
"okay! Thank you Miss" she stands up and bows to me. 
"by the way what's your name?" I ask. 
"my name is Son Jaehee" she replies. 
"Oh I'm a Son too, I'm Son Chaeyoung" I offer my hand and she gladly accepts it. 
"and that lady is Myoui Mina, she's Japanese" Jaehee makes an 'o' with her lips. 
"I have to go, goodbye Miss kindhearted Chaeyoung" she runs to her mother while waving her hand to me and I gladly wave back.
"soooo, what's going on?" Mina asks while handing an ice cream to me. 
"that girl is so cute. I want a daughter like her" I look at Mina and she blushes.
"No no I don't mean it like that" I quickly clears up. 
"so you don't want a daughter with me?" Mina asks in a serious tone. 
"no it not like that" I face-palm. Mina smiles. 
"I know what you mean, I was just teasing you" she says before putting her arm on my shoulder. 
"how would you eat your mcflurry if you do that?" I asks. 
"you have the same thing, feed me" she requests. I look away blushing before taking a spoonful of ice cream and put it in Mina's mouth.
"um delicious" she her lips ily.
I died. 

 

 


Ps; heyyy I haven't update in a month I'm sorry. But yeah I'm not dead. Hope you enjoy this chapter and please leave comments cause your comments can really make my day. Thank you again for reading!