Chapter 20

Online [Michaeng]

"attention to all students, we are going to have prom this Friday night at the hall. Your participation is needed. For more information, please ask your homeroom teacher. Thank you" I turn my attention to the speaker and let out a loud sigh.
" I hate prom" I mumble under my breath and roll my eyes.
"well that was because you never had partner every year. Now that you have Mina just go with her" Tzuyu says, not taking her eyes off her phone. She's absolutely right. Why am I so dumb? 
"yeah right" I nod my head in agreement but still, I don't feel like going. I'm a 'Netflix and chill' kind of person. I hate social events like prom and party. 
"come on Chaeng, you never come to any prom for the last 2 years. Why not come this time?" she begs and turn to me with sparkly eyes. I laugh look at this Yoda begging me over something unimportant. 
"I'll talk to Mina about it" I say packing my things to head for lunch. As I put my pens and pencils in my pencil box, one thing caught my eyes. I grab it and put it the same height as my eyes. 
"what the is this?" it's a pencil that has unicorn head on its top. On the bottom I see something printed on it. 
"Mina heart Chaeyoung" I read it, mumbling under my breath and end up smiling. When the did she put this thing in my pencil case, I don't even know.
"this is so cute" I scan the pen one last time before finally put it in my pencil case and head out for lunch. Not exactly to the cafeteria but to Mina's class. I knock on the door seeing her by herself writing something on her place. 
"hey baby what are you doing?" I tap her shoulder gently and sit at the empty seat beside her. 
"hey sweetheart" she continues writing. I take a peek at whatever she's doing and I see numbers and graphs and points that are making my head spin. 
"is that math?" I ask rising one of my eyebrows. Yeah man she's amazing that she can do math without calculator. 
"yeah. This is due after lunch. I was supposed to do it yesterday but I got distracted by a certain someone who was clinging onto me 24/7 asking me to cuddle with her" she turns to me, glares cutely and smirks. 
"okay okay my fault" I put my hands up in the air. Surrendered and pout. 
"aw you know I don't mean it like that right?" she puts down her pen and caress my cheek. 
"anyway" I stand up. 
"you gotta eat nonetheless so I'll buy us lunch and bring them here" I pick up my bag on the table and take my leave. 

As I make my way to the cafeteria I see a huge commotion going on in front of the cafeteria. Oh come on. 
"DON'T YOU ING DARE TOUCH MY GIRLFRIEND AGAIN YOU SON OF A " I hear a shout from a very, very familiar voice.
I run to the crowd and make my way in between the students which is not really hard since I'm small. 2 students involve in a fight. I look at the right sight and see that ing Park Jimin about to stand up from a horrible fall. I look at my left and see Jeongyeon with her hand into a fist. Wait Jeongyeon?! At that time she's about to throw another punch at him but I quickly hold her hand back. 
"Bro enough" as much as I hate Jimin, I sure wouldn't want things to get worst. I brush her back calming her down as she keep struggling to get off my hold.
"okay calm down" I whisper to her ear as she finally lower down her shoulders. A little later the discipline teacher, Mr Kang rushes in the crowd. He glares at both of them who are standing timidly. 
"you two in my office RIGHT NOW. And all of you get to your classes. Lunch is over!" He shouts and left. Jeongyeon glares at Jimin. 
"I won't let you go that easy" She says with harsh tone of voice and walk ahead of Jimin to Mr Kang's office which Jimin follows behind. I glares at him before remembering that I didn't buy lunch for us yet. I run to the cafeteria and stops at the counter. 
"there's only one sandwich?!" I ask the lady behind the counter with half shout voice. 
"yeah the students bought it all since we only have this today. The chef is sick. I'm sorry" the lady says with an apologetic voice. 
"no it's fine. I'll buy this" I pick up the sandwich and walk straight to wherever Mina is. I walk to the previous classroom and see Mina walks out of the classroom. 
"Here you go. Eat okay? " I put the sandwich in her hand. 
"where's yours?" she asks. 
"I've eaten mine" I answer confidently despite the lie I'm telling. She taps my shoulder gently. 
"you can't lie to me Son Chaeyoung. You didn't eat did you?" she looks at my trembling eyes. 
"n-no I did e-eat" I scratch my head which is not itchy. 
"anyway I gotta go" I tip toe to kiss her cheek and run away. I run straight to my next class after picking up some books from my locker. Man these books are heavy I might grow a muscle. As soon as I arrive I take a look on the inside to see the seats available and I spot one right next to Jeongyeon, who is scared by everyone for now. I walk in the class and pull the chair out and seat. 
"uh hey bro you okay?" I ask. 
"yeah I'm fine, jealousy got over me that's it. I got detention though" she smiles sadly. I hate seeing her sad. Heck I'm sad seeing her sad. 
"what the was wrong with him anyway?" 
She takes a deep breath, drop her pen off her hand and lower down her shoulders. 
"I went to the toilet for a moment so my seat was empty and obviously I sat next to Nayeon" she explains. 
"but when I came back, I see that Park ing Jimin was sitting on my seat with his face facing Nayeon like he was ready to kiss her" she hand turns into a fist. 
"of course I shooed him away but when I asked Nayeon what happened, she said he asked her out for a date while touching her thighs. That was then I got mad. When I saw him going out for lunch I immediately grab his collar and punch him" I calm her down and hand her water bottle so she could get a little hydrated. 
"he deserves it. He flirted with Mina too" I say with a calm voice, with is not me from the inside. My inside I raging.
"Really?! What an !" she slams her hand to the table making a really loud thud, earning some 'shh' from everyone else in the class. 

__________________________

"hey do you want to go to the prom?" I ask Mina, who's lying on my bed. I'm at my laptop table, searching some stuff for my assignment when suddenly I remembered to ask her that. 
"uhh I'm sorry" she suddenly apologizes, what why?
"what are you apologizing for?" I ask and fake a laugh. I don't see something good coming any soon. 
"I-I accepted J-jimin's invitation to go to the prom with him" what did I just hear? Did I hear it right? 
"wait what?!" I half shout and face her who's currently sitting with her back leaning on the head of the bed. 
"why would you do that? Am I not good enough?" I ask with almost teary eyes. 
"no sweetheart no" she leaps over me and pulls my chair closer to her who's currently sitting on the edge of the bed. 
"he said if I got to the prom with him, he's stop courting me so I agreed that's it. I don't have any feelings for him" she puts her arms behind my neck and pulling my face closer to hers.
"b-but, I want to go with you" I pout and bit my lower lip at the same time. 
"me too but isn't it good that he would finally stop disturbing me?" I nod in agreement but still disappointed. 
"But what if he do something to you?" 
"he won't because you're coming with me. You're gonna protect me right?" I look at her eyes which are so sincere that I couldn't resist. 
"of course" 
"oh and hey do you wanna go out? I'm bored" she turns her body making her head falls on my lap and her body on the bed, crossing her legs. 
"where do you wanna go?" I ask looking down her face. 
"arcade? Or the movie? I think there's a new spiderman movie going on and the trailer looks interesting" I say as I shut down my laptop and put it aside. 
"but your assignment? Is it okay?" 
"nah it can wait" 

__________________________________

"one caramel popcorn, one heaven and heart ice lemon tea and a bottle of mineral water please" Mina orders at the counter after we both got our tickets. The worker behind the counter fill up a cup and a box of popcorn. I tip toed to reach for the popcorn as Mina hands them the money. I bought the tickets she bought the snacks. Fair right? 
"huh short" she teases and smirks as she sees me reaching the top of the counter tip toeing. 
"shut up" I reply with mouth full of popcorns. She chuckles and grab the ice lemon tea and mineral water in both of her hands. 
"I think we can get in" she says as she sees the light on the number 5 theater is on. We walk to the counter and I hand in our tickets. 
"Why did you bought couple seat? Buying 2 seats would be cheaper" she asks as we're heading to the theater. 
"well the possibility of you sitting next to some random guy is big so yeah" I reply like some kind of genius calculating the possibility of Mina sitting next to strangers which we don't know what they are like. Call me overprotective jerk but come on, I'm not gonna let anything happen to her in this dark place. You never know. Anything could happen. 

 

 

 

Ps; I'm sorry this chapter is so lame but happy new year guys!! Hope 2019 is gonna be a better year for each one of you. Anyway don't trust Jimin guys he's toxic. I'm gonna write a better chapter next so thank you for reading, next.