Chapter 18

Online [Michaeng]

"are you sure we are at the right place?" I ask for confirmation as my mouth fall agape.
"I'm pretty sure" she replies, intertwine our fingers together an drag me in.
"Good evening Miss, do you have any reservations?" the boy in a suit and black bow tie asks. His name tag wrote 'Lee Donghyuck'.
"yes, it was under the name Myoui Mina, I called this afternoon" the answers. The boy checks something at the counter before get back to us.
"this way Miss" he says as he leads our way to our table. on the table there are a few candles and a few roses in a vase. I sit down in front of Mina before the waiter gives us the menu.
"please take your time Miss" he bows at us and left.
"you reserved this place?" I ask.
"yeah of course. It has a nice atmosphere in it isn't it?" she replies.
"but it looks....expensive"
"don't worry it's on me" she says before starts reading the menu that literally looks like a 5 stars hotel restaurant menu. Like I wonder why the decided to open a restaurant like this in a very humble looking mall.
"that's not the proble-"
"now now..." she puts her index finger against my lips. "...just order anything okay. I owe you more than this" she replies, ruffles up my short hair and divide her attention back to the menu. 
I nod my head and look at the menu. My eyes widen in disbelief. The food isn't as expensive as I thought it would be. The price is actually reasonable despite the restaurant's Whereabouts.
"I don't really know what to order, beef steak sounds nice, looks nice too" she points at the image of it in the menu.
"ehhhh I was gonna have the same thing" I pout.
"nevermind I'll look at other things" I add and scan the menu again.
"then I'll have spaghetti carbonara" I say as I close the menu.
"oh how humble of you Miss Son" she smirks.
"ayy don't say that"
Mina presses the bell on our table and the former waiter comes slightly running.
"may I take your order?" he asks politely and he takes out his order notebook and a pen.
"Yes, I will have a beef steak at medium rare" she starts to order.
"and I'll have spaghetti carbonara"
"oh and a bottle of wine and two mineral water" she adds as I give her a confuse look.
"okay so I'll repeat the order" he says before repeating the order we made just to make sure its correct.
"Excuse me Miss I think we have meet before" the waiter look at me and ask.
"You're Son Chaeyoung right? From YZ primary school" he adds
"Yes and you are?" I reply. 
"I'm donghyuck. People usually call me Haechan back then. I'm from class 4-C" oh what a well mannered guy. 
"Ahh yes I remember you. I remember that you got detention for dyeing your hair red back then" I laugh follows by his laugh. 
"It's nice meeting you again Chaeyoung" he offers his hand. 
"nice to meet you again too Donghyuck, or Haechan" we both laugh again before he excuse himself to the kitchen. 

"your old friend?" Mina asks. 
"Yeah, we were in the same club back then and I helped him with his studies a little. I can't believe I didn't recognize him at first" I replies shaking my head. 
"Cool"
Suddenly Mina takes out something from her handbag. A red lighter. 
"Wait did you smoke?" I ask jokingly. 
"Hey of course no!" she glares as I laugh before she lit up of the scented candles and put it in the middle of the table. 
"quite romantic isn't it" she says blushing a little. She then put the lighter back in her bag. 
"yeah. Really romantic" I say looking away. 
"How cute" she says suddenly. 
"what?" 
"I noticed that you always look away when you blush. It's cute" she says smiling from ear to ear. 
"by the way where did you find this restaurant?" I ask, changing the topic cause like I can no longer breathe. 
"oh Jennie recommended it to me" she answers simply. 
"Jennie in like that Jennie Kim?" my eyes widen. 
"um yes, why?"
Jennie Kim, or her nickname, the princess in our school has been one of the most beautiful and popular girl in our school. Not to mention her girlfriend is dead drop gorgeous too. Kim Jisoo. Despite being a year older than Jennie, they always stick together wherever they go to prevent any guy approaching them cause like they both are the beauty in our school. I never had the chance to talk to any of them though.
"nothing. I mean you're amazing that you made friends with her" I ask unconsciously.
"she's quite nice actually. Cute and funny, also smart" she says smirking.

"here are your orders ladies" a waitress, not Donghyuck serve our orders on the table.
"Looks good" 
"yeah" 
A few minutes later the same waitress comes back with a bottle of wine in her hand before pouring it in two glasses and put the leftovers in  a metal bucket full with ice. 
"are you sure this is okay? I drove here" I ask after the waitress left. 
"it's fine, just don't drink too much. I just want to get in the mood" she says showing her gummy smile. 
We dig in our meals in silence. It's just like other normal couples here. She cut a piece of her meat and offers it to. 
"say ahh~" and I gladly open my mouth. 
"that's tasty" I say my lips. 
"I know right" 
Also, I pickup my pasta on the fork and offers it to Mina which she gladly accepts it. 
Half an hour later we are done with our meals. I know it was quite long but hey the food I delicious we got to enjoy it slowly. I pick the the wine glass that contains red wine in it and take a sip. 
"quite good actually" I nod
"yeah" she agrees after taking another sip after another. She keeps doing that until all the liquid in her glass vanishes. She reaches for the wine bottle and pour some more in. 
"Hey I don't think it's a good idea to-" before I could say anything she drinks it all in one gulp. Well I'm shocked but she's already looking kinda drunk. 
"hey enough" I reach for her glass to stop her from pouring some more but she rejects my hand and pour some more. 
"Mina you're drunk" she takes another big gulp before I finally take the glass and put it away. 
"I'm nooooot" she whines.
"waiterrrr" she calls for the waiter who immediately come running. 
"yes miss? Can I get you anything?" he politely asks.
"Here's the money, and keep the change. Actually a tip for you for being my girlfriend's friend" she says drunkly. 
"um are you sure miss?" Donghyuck asks to make sure. By that I'm already putting one of Mina's hand on my shoulder. 
"I gotta go. See you around" I say to him before I walk out the restaurant with a drunk Mina in my arm. 
"Hey cutieeeee" she says as she pinches my cheek.
"omg Mina stop we're in public" I say. I put her down on the nearby seat and let her head rest on my shoulder.
"hey you're miss Kind hearted Chaeyoung. How nice it is that we can meet again" the little girl from before, Jaehee jumps from my right to my front. 
"hey little girl" I greet. 
"is your girlfriend okay?" she asks while looking at Mina who is half awake. 
"yeah she's fine, just a little drunk" she replies. I look at Mina who's already fast asleep with her cute little soft snore.
"I gotta bring her home, you get to your
 mom safely okay? Goodbye Jaehee" I bid goodbye to her before putting Mina on my back, piggyback her to my car. While on my back, she keeps rubbing her face against my neck. 

I put her gently on the passenger seat, fasten her seatbelt before running to the driver seat. I fasten my seatbelt and get out from the parking lot. While driving I steal glances at Mina who's awake at that time. 
"oh hey you're awake" I greet.
"I'm sorry, I messed up, again" I says softly, more like mumble but if still can hear her clearly. 
"it's fine, I had a great time thanks to you" I giggle as I park at my garage. I turn off the car engine and step out of the car so as Mina but she's stumble as soon as she hop off the car. 
"hey careful" I put her arm on my shoulder, carrying her inside. I look at the time. 20:30. Still early. 
I flop myself on the sofa when suddenly Mina sits bedside me, crying. 
"hey hey what's wrong" I panic, scoop myself beside her and rub her back, comforting her. 
"I'm so terrible" she exclaim in between her sobs. 
"wait what who told you that?" 
"I always ruin our date!" she takes the cushion from behind her and buries her face into the cushion. 
"hey listen" I make her sit up straight and cup her jaw. The feeling of melancholy suddenly surrounds me seeing Mina's teary eyes state into mine. 
"Baby you don't ruin anything okay? I've had the best time in my life with the person I truly love" I peck her lips tasting a little bit of saltiness due to the tears. After a few minutes she calms herself down and her tears stops.
"call me that again" 
"what?"
"call me baby again..." she requests and looks away blushing "...it sounds good"
I smile and hug her. 
"Baby~" I whines cutely. 
"I love you sweetheart" she pinches my nose. 
"I love you you too baby" 

 

 


Ps; whew I wrote that in a week. Should I write a bit of next? ;)