Chapter Twenty-One.

Through the years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s POV

I’ve been a mother for almost two years now, waking up in the middle of the night once and twice is so normal to me but it wasn’t to jeongyeon.

Chaeyoung just wanted to drink his own milk and go back to sleep.

“I can stay in his room”

Jeongyeon shook his head and slammed it into the pillow “stay” he closed his eyes and I couldn’t stop my face from blushing. I went back to sleep in a matter of seconds. Luckily he didn’t wake me up so much tonight.

I woke up to the sound of jeongyeon’s alarm as I am a light sleeper. I found him smiling at chaeyoung whose leg was on jeongyeon’s chest. He carefully placed it down and got up, he did his daily routine and wore a nice tight black suit.

“You don’t have work?” he asked while fixing his necktie.

“I quit my jobs”

“I- I didn’t know” he smiled “thank you” why is he looking at me with his soft eyes? “I mean I didn’t expect it”

I shrugged my shoulders… Actually, something inside of me wants to please him… Maybe he will fall in love with me.

He bid goodbye to me and I slept for few minutes before chaeyoung wakes up.

And as he said yesterday, they brought the crib to our room after breakfast. His mom is ignoring me and focusing on chaeyoung only. I was smiling at her feeding him his Cerelac and I am happy that he is getting along with her.

“He has jeongyeon’s eyes” she said and stared at me “I wonder if mina didn’t tell him what could have happened to this poor child”

Oh god… Mothers-in-law…

“Jeongyeon had his own life and I was afraid that he won’t accept him”

She stared at me in disgust I felt so small and decided to look down and play with my fingers, I think living in this house will be hard.

I am not used to staying at home for a long time but the toys jeongyeon bought for chaeyoung were so fun, he was playing with this and that car seeing him smile and laugh calms my heart.

His grandfather and father came to lunch and we were eating silently, they talk to me from time to time, they are kinder than miyoung, his mother.

“Jeongyeon usually comes at lunchtime but I guess he won’t from now on” she said and smirked at me. I suddenly didn’t have the appetite to eat… Of course she meant me, because of me he didn’t come home, he really dislikes me I assume.

“I ate well” I got up and went to our room, I clenched my heart and sighed. Chaeyoung fell asleep while he was with the nanny so taking a nap is not a crime for me too.

After a one hour I woke up and I was so hungry, the nanny was taking care of chaeyoung really well so I went downstairs just to see jeongyeon coming into the lobby.

“Hey” he greeted me before I did “where are you going?”

“To the kitchen I am hungry” I giggled.

“Sure! I will put my bag in my office and follow you”

He wants to spend time with me?? I bowed my head and headed to the kitchen.

 

 

Island-shaped kitchen, everything is clean and organized. I opened the refrigerator and stared to take the leftovers and put them on the table.

“Eh? Why are you preparing them? You can ask the butler or maids”

He was wearing a white shirt and was rolling the sleeves up to his elbow, can he stop being so attractive?

“It’s okay I am used to working and prepare food” I cringed and eventually, we sat on the table and started to eat.

“I was a bit busy that’s why I was late”

“It’s okay” I smiled at him and he was stealing glances at me.

“Chaeyoung moves a lot in his sleep”

“Yeah I am sorry about that, but they put the crib in our room I am thankful”

“It’s okay” he pats my head and smiled warmly at me.

“Oh you are here?” his mom interrupted us.

“Yes mother how are you?”

“You used to greet me first now you forget about me” she folded her arms “for her?”

“Mom!” his tune was a bit high “she is the mother of my child and my wife I hope you will respect that”

“Whatever” she rolled her eyes and left…

He held my hand “don’t be mad, she sometimes speak with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter