Chapter Eleven.

Through the years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed…

All momo does is avoiding jeongyeon.

But for her, even seeing from afar him hurt…

Yeah, she is dating jimin, but why does she feel so empty?

His touches, conversations, and smiles remind her of jeongyeon. To her, everything is connected to him. But why both of them are not connected at all?

“Babe?” jimin lost count on how many times momo doze off while he was talking to her but this didn’t stop him from being all sweet and soft with her. He held her hand and sat close to her, the two were on their fourth date. They were in the park sitting on a bench together.

She smiled weakly at him “Yes?”

“I was talking to you about my future plans”

 

“Yes, you want to work at a bank” I smiled at him and looked away when out of nowhere I saw jeongyeon. My heart started to beat so fast as if I saw something scary… but to me, he is my only fear. He can make me weak and feel hopeless because I know he won’t ever see me as a girl… He was walking with nayeon, they were holding hands and the way he looks at her and caresses her hair made me realize how stupid I was for thinking that he might like me back… I looked at jimin who was caressing my hand with his small thumb, he has a small hand compared to every guy I’ve met but this didn’t stop me from liking him a bit… But I know that my heart will only throb when I will see jeongyeon… And I hope it will stop.

“Hey” jeongyeon’s voice echoed in my ear and we stood up to greet them. He and jimin chatted a bit, I wasn’t close to nayeon, she looks arrogant and I hate this type of people.

“Yeah I am saying goodbye to the city” this sentence brought me back to reality after dozing off on that big tree.

“Why?” I asked.

“I am going back to America, I will study and work at my father’s company” he smiled at us “But nayeon will stay here, I will leave a piece of me here” he looked at her with his beautiful soft eyes. I could only gulp my tears and force a fake smile “Have fun at your date, we will go now”

I watched them leave and I almost fell on my knees… Why I am hurting so much… Why is this so hard?

“Take me home jimin I am tired”

“Sure. Let’s go”

Luckily he burrows his father’s car, I messaged mina and told her to come over. And she did.

As soon as I saw her I broke into tears “he is leaving”

“Hm?” she looked at me and wiped my tears “who?

“Jeongyeon” I saw his name in a low voice… Even his name makes my heart break into pieces.

She sighed and nodded “I know”

“You know? And you didn’t tell me?” I gasped “why?”

“I wanted to tell you in the right time, he will leave after two or three weeks, after the graduation party”

I closed my eyes and sobbed.

“Momo, you need to be strong and get over him because” she muted and bit her lower lip.

“Because?”

“I am going with him, we will go to the same college”

“You must be joking!”

She shook her head “I will go to accounting apartment and he will study management” she looked down “I am sorry momo”

“You are my best friend now, everyone is leaving me”

“You have your parents and jimin, he is a good guy now”

“He is not jeongye-

“MOMO!” mina cut me off “stop thinking about him! You are suffering while he doesn’t even talk to you!”

She said the words that hurt me… But as much as I try to cover my ears… These words are screaming inside of my mind. I rested my head on the crook of her neck and cried till I ruined her shirt and fell asleep.

Will I get over it? Even after years pass by?

One week… Two weeks passed… all I do is study. It’s the best way to now think about him. Even when I am with jimin I always find something to make me think about jeongyeon… I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter