Chapter 2

Part of Me

Mark went into his bedroom and quickly changed into a tank top and shorts; as he was looking for clothes to wearing for tomorrow, Hyun-woo walked in, “I still think this is all a horrible idea” he frowned. Compared to the other vampires that were afraid to speak to Mark (because of Hyun-woo) Hyun-woo was very blunt about everything, rarely ever beating around the bush.

“I don’t care, Hyun-woo I’m going to South Korea”

“My Prince, I don’t understand as to why you want to leave for school in the first place. We were all doing a fine job homeschooling you.”

“Exactly, I’ve been homeschooled since I was a child. I’m 20 years old and by now, people my age have already gone to college”

“My Lord you’re not like them, you’re a vampire for goodness sake!”

“I may be a vampire, but I’m more human than any of you will ever be. I don’t burn up in the sun, and I don’t drink blood, hell I don’t even need it.”

“Even though that’s true you don’t need to associate yourself with them.”

“Damnmit Hyun-woo!” Mark yelled “Stop trying to block me from the rest of the world. I want to go out and have some semblance of normality, I want to have friends to hang around and play with.”

“You have friends within your protection detail!”

Mark shook his head in frustration, “The vampire guards are too scared of me to have a normal conversation with and the friends I have within the werewolf clans are rarely around me because you constantly send places.”

“Because the werewolves are always too lenient with you” Hyun-woo grunted “My Prince, you don’t understand the dangers you will encounter in South Korea!”

“Sehun told me the dangers already; of other vampires, supernatural beings, and the Hunters”

“Then you know about the Vampire Queen and the fact that she lives in South Korea and if she learns that you’re in South Korea-” Hyun-woo began

A few times he’s heard of the Vampire Queen but not much was said about her in front of Mark. “I doubt she even knows I exist!” Mark interrupted.

Hyun-woo growled, “But if she learns of your existence, how do you think she will respond?”

Mark growled in frustration, “I’m going to school in South Korea and there’s nothing you can say that will change my mind”

Hyun-woo sighed, “I hope you understand that this is all for your protection my Lord.”

“I understand Hyun-woo but please understand my feelings as well.”

Hyun-woo sighed and nodded, “Goodnight my Prince” he walked out the room and closed the door behind himself. 

Mark moved to shut off the light before settling on his bed. As he laid his head on pillow he thought of Hyun-woo words. ‘Would the Vampire Queen really care for my existence? It’s not like I’m gonna do anything, I’m only her successor and it will be a while before she steps down. What’s the big deal anyways?’ Mark then closed his eyes and after a while he was in deep sleep.

Humming, that was the first thing Mark heard; he felt a hand on his cheek, caressing it gently. Slowly Mark opened his eyes. He noticed he was laying on the person lap yet he didn’t move, he didn’t want to. It was too comfortable, too relaxing. As he looked up to see the person face, he couldn’t clearly see them; he blinked a couple times thinking it was his eyes but still he couldn’t see their face, it was too blurry. The person leaned down close to Mark, they rested their hand on Marks jaw lifting it up. The person was going to kiss him and yet Mark wanted to kiss them as well. Something about them was intoxicating yet familiar. The person lips was about to touch his…….

RRRRIIIINNNG

Mark opened his eyes and he slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes, ‘What a weird dream’ Light streamed from the window but his eyes quickly adjusted to the sunlight. ‘It would’ve been good if I could see the guy’s face’ He turned off the alarm and got up to walked over to his bathroom and brushed and showered. 

After wiping himself, he went to his room and dressed himself in a white T-shirt with a red and black plaid shirt over it with black jeans and red vans. He looked at himself, ‘This should be good right? I look normal right?’ Mark combed his light brown hair; scolding himself for not getting a haircut but shrugged since it was too late to do anything about it. ‘If only I had the power to change my hair length’ he sighed ‘But that’s a dumb power to have in the first place’ he giggled to himself. 

He placed the last few items in his bags and carried it all down to the living room. Mark walked over to the kitchen where parents and siblings were; he sat at the kitchen counter next to his brother and his sister. 

His mom placed a plate of waffles in front of him. “I can’t believe this is the last time I’ll ever feed you” Dorine sighed

“Ma, come on don’t do this.” Mark sighed while pouring the syrup on the waffles.

“I know but you’re my baby boy and who knows when I’ll see you again” she said walking around to smother Mark in a hug.

“Ma you still have Joey” he said but his voice was muffled

“Yeah Ma you still have me” Joey smiled cutting his waffles

“Yes, but he’s not a vampire heading to a country filled with other vampires and vampire hunters” Raymond said 

Mark sighed and continued to eat; once he finished he placed the plate in the sink. Sehun walked in along with Chen, another werewolf guard. “Mark are you ready to go? Your flight leaves in two hours and we have to check in” Sehun said

“Yeah just give me a moment to say goodbye” Mark answered

“M’kay we’ll bring the rest of your stuff to the car” Chen said and the two werewolves walked away.

“So this is really it” Tammy said “You’re actually leaving”

“It’s not like we thought you wouldn’t leave but not so soon” Grace added

Mark chuckled, “Soon?”

“Oh you know what I mean” she smiled

“We’ll miss you, bro” Joey said

“Group hug” Raymond smiled opening his arms out wide and the five pulled each other to a hug, holding Mark as tightly as they can.

“Guys I-I c-can’t breathe” Mark stuttered

“You’re a vampire you don’t need to breathe” Tammy giggled as they released Mark

“I fail to see your point” Mark deadpanned while crossing his arms.

“Yien promise me that you’ll be safe and listen Hyun-woo. I’m sure you know the dangers in South Korea so please please stay safe and always have a guard with you.” Dorine begged

His mother rarely called him by his other name unless he was in trouble or it was important. “I promise Ma” He walked to the living room to get his backpack and then outside to the drive way where Chen and Sehun were waiting for him. “I’ll call, Skype, FaceTime, and text as much as I can.” He hugged everyone one last time before getting in the car; Sehun drove off and Mark lowered the window to wave one last time to his family.

……..........
After a 50 minute drive due to traffic and waiting in line to check in, Mark, Chen and Sehun was finally in line for boarding. Once they got in the plane, the three sat together with Mark sitting by the window, Sehun in the middle and Chen in the aisle seat. They buckled their seatbelts and after 15 minutes the plane took off. 

‘So long L.A’ Mark internally sighed

“Mark I’m sure I don’t have to tell you but Hyun-woo wants you to keep a low profile” Sehun chuckled

Mark giggled, “Seriously? Hyun-woo knows I never like to draw attention to myself; speaking of which where is Hyun-woo? Baby proofing the school?” 

Sehun and Chen chuckled, “Well he’s mostly likely he’s on his way to speak to the council but I’m sure he had some of our people doing that for him.” Chen replied. Mark nodded, due to Hyun-woo babying, he doesn’t know much of the council except for the fact that it’s a bunch of vampires, werewolves, and other supernatural beings with elite titles. What they do and why they meet together is completely unknown to Mark.

“Is it just you two and Hyun-woo protecting me?” Mark asked although he had a feeling what the answer would be.

“Well there’s bad news and even worse news” Chen chucked

Mark groaned, “What’s the bad news?”

“There will be a lot of us in South Korea along with a few new faces you haven’t met before” Sehun smiled 

“What’s the worse news?”Mark groaned dreading to hear it.

“Most of us guards will be going to school with you” Chen sighed

Mark’s eye widened, “Are you being serious right now? Who’s idea was that?”

Chen and Sehun raised their eyebrow, “Do you seriously need to ask that?” Sehun asked

“God, Hyun-woo can be so annoying” Mark groaned

“Stay calm Mark, need I remind you that, we are currently flying in the air over the ocean” Chen said reaching over Sehun to pat Mark’s knee.

“I am calm but Hyun-woo is taking this way too far” Mark pouted

Sehun smirked, although he kinda had to agree that Hyun-woo was going a little overboard, he understood that it was all for Mark’s protection especially since they were going into dangerous territory. “Can’t blame him for worrying Mark” Sehun smirked

Mark sunk further in his seat pouting, ‘All I want is to live normally (although being a vampire prohibits that) and have friends, how am I suppose to do that with a bunch of guards and Hyun-woo constantly around me.’ He sighed and put on his headphones, pressing the play button and blocking out the roaring sound of the engine. He then laid his head on the window hoping his college life isn’t completely ruined.