Chapter 21

Part of Me

Hyun-woo could only agree with Prince Mark decision, but he wasn’t wrong. Prince Mark most certainly can defend himself, he’s been training since he was child in many fighting forms and his powers could definitely save him from the newly turned vampires and Hunters. However it was unsure if he could defend himself against the older vampires that had decades of experience before him. 

Although he was stronger than any vampire, most of his powers were unstable making them unreliable in a fight. The council wanted to make sure he was well trained before ever thinking of starting a new war between them and Queen BoA people. 

“Sorry Mark we didn’t mean to make you sound like you can’t fight, but this is becoming a a very serious situation.” Sehun furrowed his brow.

“I understand but I’ve made up my mind. I’m not leaving!” Mark yelled firmly, standing his ground.

Sehun groaned and looked at Hyun-woo; it was strange how the overprotective vampire wasn’t saying anything. In the beginning, he didn’t even want the Prince to be in South Korea but now it’s like he’s allowing the situation to more and more dangerous.

“Fine we’ll stay but seriously Mark when it becomes too dangerous, we have to leave” Sehun warned. Mark nodded but Sehun had a feeling he wasn’t going to go as easily; especially since he has a mate.

Sehun sighed and walked out with Chen following; Hyun-woo bided them all good-bye and headed out. Once out of the building Chen ran up ahead to meet with the other werewolves; Sehun turned back to Hyun-woo.

“What the hell was that?!” He yelled

Hyun-woo frowned, “What are you talking about?”

“Don’t play dumb! I’m talking about you going silent when Mark refused to leave” Sehun scoffed

“Prince Mark made his decision and I’m respecting it” Hyun-woo simply answered

“Since when do you respect his decision?! At the sign of any danger, no matter how small, you always tell him to run or hide. Now you’re letting him wait until the enemy practically knows who we are to run!” Sehun yelled “If we continue to do that the Queen will never let us leave South Korea!”

Hyun-woo balled his fists, “Don’t you think I know that?! Don’t you think I want him to leave especially since Lord Top has his eyes set on him?!”

“Then why didn’t you say anything?!” Sehun groaned, completely frustrated with the vampire guardian.

“Because he’s not a defenseless child anymore; he is our Prince and soon to be a King. So we should treat him as such. He knows of the danger of being here yet he continues to stay. I know it’s very risky and if the council were to learn of this they would pull him out but if we continue to run the Prince will probably never take back the throne.” Hyun-woo stated

Sehun looked warily at Hyun-woo, he didn’t expect the guardian to finally see that Mark was a child that constantly need his protection. However it seemed that he discovered this at the wrong moment. If anything they need Hyun-woo overprotectiveness if they want to leave the country before being discovered. But at the same time Hyun-woo was right, Mark was the rightful heir to the throne and the country is suffering because of the Queen. Mark should soon take over the throne.

“So what’s your plan?” Sehun asked

“According to Queen Taeyeon and King Taeyang the training center should be done by next week and Queen Taeyeon will also be checking to see if she can find any information on Prince Mark father. I’m hoping that the Prince will advance quickly in his training long before Queen BoA or Lord Top ever discover the Prince. I was also hoping that you would train his mate Jaebum-ssi so he could also be useful in protecting Prince Mark as well.” Hyun-woo explained

Sehun hummed, “Training the mate is a good idea but we could only hope that the Queen and her people don’t connect the dots between everything, because honestly I feel like we’re doing a horrible job when it comes to keeping a low profile.” He shrugged 

Hyun-woo raised an eyebrow, “How so?”

“Months ago we had over 80 supernaturals coming to this school within a matter days, we surround this campus day and night, not to mention the driver. I mean Jung-hwan is really cool, but the different cars, the limo?” Sehun sighed

Hyun-woo rolled his eyes, “All right I get it but it’s all necessary to protect Prince Mark, and also most of that was the council’s idea. You know they are more overprotective than me, plus they like to spoil him.”

Sehun snorted, “Okay well for now on we have to tone down a bit” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Sooo Seung-hyun, are you gonna sit here till the sun rise or are you gonna do something?” Lady Jea raised one eyebrow looking at Lord Top sit on the roof edge looking across at the apartment.

Lord Top ignored her question, “I just don’t understand it, how was I unable to get Mark-ssi over my thrall?” 

“Maybe he’s a supernatural so he’s immune to it” Lady Jea suggested

“First of all, no supernatural is immune to our thrall unless they train for that, second, he didn’t smell like a supernatural. He didn’t smell like anything, making him 100% human.” Lord Top argued

“Ahuh so what are you gonna do? Stalk him forever or just jump him?” Lady Jea asked

“I’m not going to jump him!” Lord Top growled making Lady Jea jump back, “Mark is the kind of man that deserves to be taken care of, to be shown the pleasures of life, to be tasted slowly” he grinned. 

Lady Jea rolled her eyes, “Oh come on man, just because he looks beautiful doesn’t mean he’ll taste just as good! For all you know he could taste bitter!” She huffed

“There is no way a perfect man like that could have bitter blood!” Lord Top argued

“Oh pul-lease” Lady Jea scoffed, “Everyone has their flaws and I’m sure that guy has plenty and bitter blood is just one of them”

Lord Top growled, his eyes glowed red and for the first time that night Lady Jea actually regretted her words, “Take that back”

Lady gulped, “A-Alright fine, I-I t-take them back” she stuttered. Lord Top took a deep breath, regaining his natural eye color. After a few minutes, Lady Jea believed Lord Top was calm, “Before you used to be slightly obsess over any boys you find but this is behavior is new Seung-hyun. What is it about him that makes you act this way?”

Lord Top frowned but thought about it, “Perhaps it’s because he’s different from the rest. I mean with others all I have to do is put them under my control and I can do as I please yet with him I can’t. It is strange knowing there’s one man who can actually resist me.”

“So maybe after you finally get him, you’ll no longer want him” Lady Jea guessed

“Maybe but I fear that is not the case.” Lord Top sighed and Lady Jea gave him a questioning look, “For the first time in my unnatural life, I felt my heart quicken by just talking to him. I got happy just by him telling me his name and I actually wanted to know.”

Lady Jea gaped, all who know Lord Top knew what a playboy he was. He cared nothing for the men he slept with just as long as he satisfied his lust and his stomach. Once he got his fill, he through them to the side like trash and if they got too clingy they were killed immediately. But to hear Lord Top speak like that of someone was quite shocking.

Lady Jea eyes widened, “Oh my god, what if that person is your mate?!”

Lord Top snorted, “Don’t be ridiculous Mark-ssi isn’t my mate, I just feel that he and I belong together.”

Lady Jea smirked and crossed her arms, “Mate” she singsonged

Lord Top frowned at her, “He’s not my mate however, all I know is that I want him, I need him”

“And that typical behavior for mates” Lady Jea giggled

Lord Top hovered over her, “You better not speak one word of this to the others” he warned

“Yes yes or else you’ll kill me or make my unnatural life hell” Lady Jea sighed, “I already knew you were going to threaten me, Seung-hyung and I promise that I will never mention this. This is just between you and me.” She smiled “But seriously what are you going to do? We have to leave before the sunrises.”

Lord Top wasn’t sure, he didn’t want to leave and miss seeing Mark’s beautiful face but he didn’t want die without having a taste of him, “Alright we’ll go but I’m coming back tonight for him.” Lady Jea shrugged and walked away and Lord Top took one last look at the building before leaving as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the rest of the week, Mark and the others became more increasingly aware of their surroundings. For the six; ever since being told that their school was partially filled with supernatural students, the six began to wonder just who around was actually human and it was harder than they thought to know. Mark told them that they wouldn’t reveal themselves purposefully and that only those they could trust would be let in on the secret.

Mark was sure that most of the students themselves were all that aware of the other supernaturals in the school. Most likely some of them were in Jaebum position and was wearing some sort of protective mark or jewelry so they couldn’t be detected by Hunters or even other supernaturals. If Mark wasn’t a powerful vampire he himself wouldn’t know but of course it seems he still had a lot to learned since he didn’t even realize what Jaebum was (but neither didn’t Hyun-woo, Sehun or Chen so it’s not his fault).

For Mark, even though Hyun-woo told him to be more careful during the night, he rarely went outside. Although Lord Top wasn’t anywhere near his location he no longer wanted to take the risk and get caught. Sure he could protect himself but being the elves and witches were much closer to finishing the training center, he’d rather wait to complete majority of his training before then.

As for Jaebum, ever since Sunday night, he had exhibiting more werewolf behavior. He was becoming more possessive over Mark (not that Mark minded that), whenever they would make-out Jaebum would always leave large marks on the vampires skin but then get upset when it was gone hours later. His temper got even worse and everyone stood on eggshells with him because they never know what word would set him off. The only person that could calm him was Mark and that would mean being carried off into one of their room for an intense make-out session.

Sehun and Chen told them it was the wolf slowly coming out even though the pendent was still working. Since the wolf was ignored for many people and it’s energy was being contain, they said it was possible that finding a mate and also being acknowledge strengthen the wolf abilities and now it’s no longer wants to be ignored so it’s making his presence known first though Jaebum personality until the moment comes when the pendent is removed.

All the fears Mark had about Jaebum transformation, came back tenfold. If the wolf was strong enough to seep through a witches pendent seal, he would be strong enough to overtake Jaebum mind, leaving him as a beast. Mark once again begged Jaebum to reconsider but the man was stubborn and refused to back down, leaving tension between the couple. In order to try and appease the couple, the roommates divided themselves and tried to convince the mates that they should talk it out instead of staying mad at each other. 

In the end, Jinyoung and Yugyeom dragged Jaebum while Jackson carried Mark to the living room so they would talk it out. Jackson placed Mark on the couch while Jinyoung and Yugyeom dumped Jaebum by the couch on the floor.

“Alright this is getting stupid, how the hell are you guys suppose to live and stay together for eternity if you won’t even talk to each other!” Jinyoung yelled

“It’s hard talking to this stubborn fool!” Mark hissed, “He doesn’t understand that he will become a beast if he removes that pendent!”

“If anyone is stubborn it’s you Mark! Why don’t you see that I have to do this?!” Jaebum yelled back

“You don’t have to do this, you can stay the way you are!” 

“Being a werewolf is who I am!”

“Alright stop, all this yelling is getting us nowhere” Youngjae said

“Youngjae right” Jackson sighed, “Markie, I get what you’re saying, you want Jaebum-hyung to stay the same because you love him so much and you don’t want anything bad to happen to him.” And Mark nodded at his brief summary.

“Jaebum-hyung you have some good points too, but is taking off the necklace and becoming one with yourself really the reason why you’re deciding this?” Jinyoung wondered, Mark looked over confused. 

Jaebum took a deep breath and looked down at his hands, he shaked his head, “The real reason is because I want to protect you Mark” he muttered with his cheeks turning red, “As human I can’t do anything for you but if I were to control the wolf and become a werewolf then I can. I don’t want to stand behind your guards and I don’t want to stand behind you. I want to be standing next to you, fighting with you.” The last statement he said he looked up and stared into Mark’s eyes.

“Why didn’t you say that before?” Mark gasped

Jaebum chuckled, “It’s kinda embarrassing this loud and it’s even more embarrassing saying with everyone else here, especially in front of Jinyoung.”

“Sadly I didn’t get to record this so you’re okay for now” Jinyoung frowned

“You’re pissed, aren’t you baby?” Jackson grinned

Jinyoung sighed, “I knew I should’ve taken my phone” he crossed his arms and glared at the floor. Jackson chuckled and kissed Jinyoung cheek.

Mark moved to the floor and placed his hands on Jaebum’s, “I get that you’re worried for me Mark but I want to do this” Jaebum sighed

Mark laid his head on Jaebum shoulder, “Okay but you have to promise me that you’ll stay strong and that you’ll fight the wolf till the end” Mark begged

Jaebum smiled, he didn’t have to promise because there was no way in hell was ever going to abandon his mate but for Mark’s sake, “I promise that I will baby because I never want to leave your side.”