Chapter 8

Part of Me

Humming, the tune was similar to the first time he heard it; he felt a hand on his cheek, caressing it gently. Mark slowly opened his eyes. He was laying on the person lap again and once agin he didn’t move, he didn’t want to. Why is it so comfortable, so relaxing? He looked up to see the person face, and still he couldn’t clearly see them, it was too blurry. The person leaned down close to Mark, they rested their hand on Marks jaw lifting it up. The person was going to kiss him again. 

 

Last time they didn’t get to kiss because of his alarm, would it happen this time around? Whoa what is he even saying?! He want to kiss some person he never even met before? Mark looked up, would it be so bad? For reason he feels as if he could trust this person. He close his eyes and finally felt the person lips on his own but yet he felt something wet on his cheek. Why when his lips are on the other person’s?

 

He opened his eyes and found himself back in his room, ‘Why am I having that dream?’ He sat up and felt something plop on his lap. Looking down he saw a white cat on him. “Hmm how did you get in my room?” he asked lifting the cat up to his face. The cat meowed but he couldn’t understand it, ‘I’m not that far in my training.’ 

 

He placed the cat on his lap and petted its head; it purred into his hand, “You’re really affectionate, aren’t ya? And here I thought cats hates us vampires; I guess I am really special” he smirked.

 

He lifted cat and placed it on the bed, he got up and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and the cat followed him there. He shrugged letting the cat do what it wants. He wiped his mouth and went back in his room; he picked up the cat, placing it on his shoulders, and walked to the kitchen. There was no one there so he figured they were all still asleep, “I guess I’m only feeding your’s and mine stomach.” He said to the cat

 

He checked the cabinets for any cat food and found it hidden in the top cabinet; after pouring a plate for the cat he place it on floor for the cat to start eating. He then searched the fridge for something to make, but decided to just eat some cereal. He sat at the counter, eating and finishing his food before washing it in the sink and putting it away. He walked to the living room and decided to watch TV, the cat laid itself on Mark lap but he decided to hold it in his arms while rubbing the top of its head. 

 

Half an hour later, Mark could hear movement around the dorm and with the way the cats ear’s twitch it probably can hear it too. The first person out was Jaebum, and Mark was surprised since the man was still up since 3am. He was only wearing sweatpants with no shirt on and Mark was practically drooling at the sight of his broad shoulders and muscular body. ‘It’s seriously to early for thoughts like this.’

 

“Hyung have you seen Nora?” He asked looking around the room.

 

Mark lifted the cat up to his shoulders, “Oh so her is name is Nora, how cute” he smiled. Jaebum looked at the two, “I woke up and found her in my room on top of me, I hope its okay if I already gave her breakfast”

 

“Uh yeah it’s fine. I’m sorry I have no idea how she got out the room in the first place” Jaebum apologize unsure of how to make of the situation. Nora was the most approachable out of all his cats but she was still warily of strangers and the fact that she’s so close and affectionate with Mark was a strange sight to see. 

 

“It’s no problem, she’s really cute. Is it okay if I continue to see her?” Mark asked while cutely tilting his head

 

Jaebum felt warmth on his ears and looked everywhere but Mark’s eyes, “Yeah sure anytime.”

 

Mark smiled and felt Nora purr against his neck, he pulled her away to give her a couple kisses on her cheek. She retaliated with a couple of to his cheeks as well, “Yah you’re so lucky to have Nora she’s so affectionate” Mark giggled

 

Jaebum stared at the scene in front of him in awe, silently wishing he was Nora, “Thanks” he mumbled and walked into the kitchen before he realized he was stared at them for too long. 

 

Jinyoung was the second one followed by BamBam, Yugyeom, Jackson and Younjae, “Oh Hyung you’re already up” Jackson said bouncing over to side. “Isn’t that Jb-hyung cat?” BamBam, Jinyoung and Yugyeom looked over at Mark.

 

He nodded, “She woke me up this morning” Mark answered, “Although I wish she hadn’t” he muttered that last part but they heard him

 

“Had a good dream Hyung?” BamBam teased

 

Mark blushed thinking about the dream, “You could say that”

 

Jackson wrapped his arms around Mark, “I bet it was about me-OWWW!!” He shouted as Nora bit his arm

 

Jaebum chuckled as he walked to the one seat couch with a bowl of cereal in his hands, “Good girl”

 

Jackson glared at him, “I bet you taught her that”

 

“Jackson-ah you were smushing her, its only instinct that she bit you” Mark defended rubbing Nora and give her a few kisses.

 

“Lucky kitty” Jinyoung chuckled walking into the kitchen, stealing the thoughts of both Jaebum and Jackson.

 

“Mark kiss my boo too” Jackson whined moving his arm closer to Mark’s lips. Jaebum moved up the seat hoping Mark wouldn’t actually kiss Jackson. Even if it’s his arm, he shouldn’t kiss any part of Jackson.

 

Mark pushed his arm away, “First apologize to Nora and if she forgives you I’ll kiss it.” Mark smiled

 

Jackson stared at the cat and looked back at Mark, “Seriously?”

 

Mark pouted, “You won’t do it?” He whimpered adding a little quivering to his lips

 

“Oh I think Mark is a better actor than Jinyoung” BamBam giggled

 

“Although I’ll deny that statement, the boy is good” Jinyoung said from the kitchen

 

Jackson sighed, “Fine” and looked down at Nora, “Nora I’m sorry for smushing you will you forgive me?”

 

The white cat looked at Jackson like he was a waste of space and gave a low meow while turning its body to fully face Mark. “That’s my little girl” Jaebum proudly smiled while BamBam, Yugyeom and Youngjae were laughing in the background.

 

“Sorry Jackson that was a no” Mark shrugged giving him a pitying look

 

“Jaebum-hyung is her owner, of course she would act like that!!” Jackson whined

 

“Really cause she’s super affectionate to me” Mark giggled as Nora his cheek 

 

Jackson frowned, “Did you see Nora face?” Youngjae laughed holding his stomach 

 

“She was like screw you” BamBam laughed

 

“Jaebum-hyung I love your cat” Yugyeom laughed

 

“So do I” Jaebum smirked and Jackson immediately stood up and and stomped his way into the kitchen.

 

“Is he mad at me?” Mark asked whispering

 

“Nah, more so on Jaebum-hyung and Nora than you” Yugyeom answered and he, Youngjae and BamBam also went to the kitchen to find something to eat.

 

Mark petted Nora, “Can I see your other cats?” He asked

 

Jaebum smiled and nodded, then stood up, “Since I no longer have to worry about Youngjae, I can let them out” He held out a finger to signal to wait and walked to room. He came back with two other cats, one which he was Kunta but the other he was unfamiliar with. “So you know this big cat is Kunta while this is Odd” 

 

Kunta was trying to get out of Jaebum hold and Jaebum had let the cat go since he knew Kunta would bite him while Odd seemed uncaring about everything. Jaebum placed Odd on the couch and Mark placed his hand near his nose to get the cat to like him. Jaebum chuckled, “Odd doesn’t care if you touch him or not however Kunta is a different story” pointing the big cat on the floor. “He’ll bite or scratch you if you try to pet him”

 

However Kunta and Odd seemed interested in Mark, Odd slowly crawled to his thigh while Kunta jumped on the arm of the couch, sniffing Mark body before rubbing his head on his arm. Jaebum looked stunned, Kunta doesn’t like anyone and it took him forever to get Kunta to at least not bite him every time he touches him. 

 

“Oh snap, Kunta has a new daddy” Yugyeom teased, giggling

 

“Wait does this mean Mark is Daddy #2?” BamBam asked

 

“Whoa wait, does that make Mark the Stepdad or the actually Dad?” Youngjae asked confused

 

“Yah I thought we talk about this?” Jaebum groaned

 

“You talk and we partially listen” Yugyeom shrugged

 

Jaebum glared at Yugyeom but he ignored it; at first all Jaebum felt was envy, why would his cats instantly warm up to a guy they had met seconds ago and yet it took him forever for him to be liked. However after a while the feeling changed to adoration, Mark was a very handsome man and maybe even animals can sense that. Jaebum smiled, Mark can’t be all bad if even his cats liked him.

 

“Wow you must be something else, for even Kunta to like you” Jaebum grinned. Mark placed Nora on his lap and tried to pet Kunta but Nora didn’t seem to like that idea and meowed for his attention, Kunta hissed at Nora while Odd just meowed to also try and grab Mark attention. Mark couldn’t help but laugh while trying to appease each cat.

 

“Wow all of them seriously want Mark attention” Youngjae laughed, “Hyung you might have to co-parent with Mark-hyung now.”

 

Jaebum tilted his head, normally the idea of sharing his babies would annoy him but when he looked at Mark and saw his smiling face as he pet and gave each cat his attention, ‘Maybe it wouldn’t be bad sharing with Mark.’ He smiled