Chapter 14

Part of Me

Mark sat on the bed looking down at his hands while Jaebum paced around the room, “So um … uh….you wouldn’t happen to know why your bodyguard and Jinyoung shared a similar smile, would you?” Jaebum asked trying to start a conversation. Ever since Jinyoung brought them in Mark’s room they have been sitting in silence.

“Honestly I have no idea” Mark sighed, and he truly didn’t know why they did. 

“So um about this mate of yours? Do you still dream of them?” Jaebum asked awkwardly. Since hearing that Mark had a soulmate it really pissed him off. He didn’t think that he and Mark would be together forever but he really liked Mark and was going to ask him out. However that plan was probably not gonna happen if he had some other person he was meant to be with.

Mark looked at Jaebum, this was the last thing he wanted Jaebum to know about especially since he really liked him. Finding out the person he was dreaming about was his soulmate and learning about that in front of the person he was in love with bummed him out a bit.

“Every night” Mark answered

“What’s the dream about?” Jaebum wondered

“Um well the first thing I always hear is humming and it’s the same song every time, then I open my eyes and I’m on the person’s lap and they’re touching my cheek.” Mark began and for the first time in his life, Jaebum wonders if he’s having a panic attack. He just couldn’t believe that this mystery person is always in Mark’s dreaming touching him like he belongs to them. “I look up but I never see the person but their face is always dark. Then the person leans in and just as they’re about to kiss me, I wake up” Mark finishes

Jaebum releases a breath he didn’t realize he was holding, even though it was a dream kiss it was still Mark’s possible first kiss and the thought didn’t sit well with him, “Do you want to find this person?” He asked

Mark shrugged, “I don’t know, I mean before, I thought it was dream but hearing that this is a real person and my soulmate kinda makes me nervous. I mean I don’t even know them but in the dream when they touch me I feel happy, safe, and warm” Jaebum heart sank, how could he keep up with that, “However” Mark began and Jaebum felt his heart race with a bit of hope, “Whenever I’m with you I feel the same way except it stronger and yet so familiar. Please tell me I’m not alone” he whispered

Jaebum felt the air get kicked out of his lungs; he couldn’t believe he just heard that. The man he was falling in love with and was planning on confessing to for months just said it out like that.

Mark’s heart race and sped up even faster as Jaebum continued to be silent,“I’m sorry I’ve never confessed before, was that bad or or-” Mark stuttered

“No no no, you were great” Jaebum immediately interrupted, the last thing he wanted was for Mark to think his feelings weren’t reciprocated, “I like you a lot as well, I mean since the moment I saw you I was attracted to you and ever since then I always felt sparks between us” Jaebum smiled.

Mark smiled brightly and jumped up from the bed to hug Jaebum, “Oh my god you have no idea how happy I am it is to hear that” Mark breathe.

Jaebum pulled away from Mark held both his cheeks in his hands, “Trust me I do” he smiled, he looked down at Mark’s pink lips and his own, he leaned down but suddenly a thought entered in his head, ‘What if I’m not his mate?’ He pulled away and Mark looked at him confused.

“Jaebummie what’s wrong?” Mark asked.

“I’m sorry Mark-hyung I really like you but what if I kiss you and find out I’m not your mate?” Jaebum asked worriedly “I don’t think I can handle the fact that there’s someone else you are meant to be with.”

Mark looked down, saddened by the thought, “I really like you Jaebum no matter what happens.”

“I really like you too Mark” Jaebum smiled and his hand slid up and across Mark smooth cheek, as he kept close. His eyes closed as his lips met and pressed onto Mark’s. Just like he thought they were soft yet firm while he kissed him. Jaebum mind exploded with the possibilities. Of future kisses, date nights, and movie nights. He saw a future with him, a perfect and happy future. One that only needed him.

Mark felt his blood heat up as Jaebum kissed him more passionately; Jaebum hands roamed his body and each placed he touched him felt incredibly hot. Mark had never felt this before and he was ecstatic to have Jaebum as his first kiss as this was something he wanted to experience over and over. He wanted more, Mark needed more. Jaebum slide his tongue inside Mark mouth making the older moan, Jaebum loved the sound of it and wanted to hear it again and again.

Jaebum pulled Mark closer as if they weren’t close enough, but he needed more, they needed to be closer. Jaebum pushed Mark back on his bed, and immediately hovered over Mark and started to kiss his neck almost desperately. Mark’s head dropped back while his hands fisted in the comforter. Jaebum pressed an open mouthed kiss to his neck and gently while his hands moved further down his body. 

Mark held Jaebum shoulders while he pressed another kiss to his neck and Mark barely bit back a moan. Jaebum hands slid down his sides and when they moved back up they were beneath his shirt. Jaebum moved up and kissed Mark lips one more time before he lifted up Mark’s shirt over his head and started ping his pants, he was so preoccupied neither of them heard the door open.

“I’m sorry to disturb you two but this has to stop” Hyun-woo sighed. He never thought that he would ever have to barge in his prince room while he was having a passionate moment with his mate. However he knew that if they didn’t stop now he was would be dealing with a whole other problem.

Jaebum moved off of Mark and the two stared shocked at seeing Hyun-woo, “What the hell Hyun-woo?” Mark panted blushing ferociously at getting caught in an intimate position with Jaebum.

“Look I’m very happy that you two confessed and are together but I rather not have any mistakes happening because you two were lost in passion” Hyun-woo frowned

“He’s right” Jaebum panted, although he wish he wasn’t, “Who knows what would’ve happened if Hyun-woo didn’t stop us”

“But how do we know if Jaebum is my mate?” Mark asked even though he felt incredibly hot and all he could think about was Jaebum and wanting him more; he kinda expected something else to happen, 

Hyun-woo smiled, with the curtain closed they probably didn’t notice that the moon color changed from a pale yellow to silver white shining brightly in the night sky. It was also probably safe to assume they didn’t see the stars appear more brightly in the sky even with all the city lights. But probably the biggest clue that was literally in front of them was obvious to the two since they were lost in passion, “My Prince maybe you should look in the mirror” Hyun-woo smirked

Mark tilted his head in confusion and for the first time since they parted, Jaebum looked at Mark, “Oh my goodness” he gasped with wide eyes, “Mark your hair and your eyes” 

Mark immediately jumped off the bed and ran to his bathroom, and when he saw himself he gasped at the sight, “I’m blonde and my eyes are blue?” Mark turned back inside the room and looked at Hyun-woo as if asking for an explanation.

“Your eyes will go back to normal soon but as for your hair I have no idea how long that will stay” Hyun-woo shrugged, “Anyways have a good night gentleman and please keep all your clothes on” he said before he left the room.

Mark sat back his bed before Jaebum pulled him down to lay next to him, “I think you look amazing” Jaebum smiled kissing his forehead and running his hands through Mark’s now blonde hair.

“Really?” Mark said smiling as well

“Yeah you were attractive before but now you’re irresistible” Jaebum smiling looking down at Mark. “We’re mates” he grinned

Mark smiled, “We’re mates” he repeated.

Jaebum wrapped his arm around Mark pulling the older closer to him, Jaebum kissed Mark lips one more time before the two then closed their eyes falling into a blissful sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A woman, with medium dark hair wearing a black lace long sleeve formal dress, walked through the dimly lighted corridor and two vampire guards bowed before opening the two large double steel doors. She entered inside a dark meeting room, with various men and women sitting around a rectangular table, she moved to sit the head of the table and a man, wearing a dark suit, pushed in her chair. 

“Let’s begin this meeting” The Vampire Queen began, “How many pints did we collect last night?”

“Around 75 pints of blood, Your Majesty” Lord Changmin replied 

“Only 75?! That’s not good enough!” The Vampire Queen yelled out “Before we used to collect hundreds and now we’re reduced to only 75! What the hell happened?!”

“I-I’m sorry Your Majesty we had to change tactics, the humans are getting smarter and we couldn’t leave dead bodies around without Hunters trying to find us so we had to leave them alive and that means least blood.” Lord Kangin quickly answered trying to appease the Queen.

The Queen growled, “I can’t believe we have to resort to these types of methods just to hide our existence from those stupid worthless meat bags. We use to rule over them and now that they weapons we have to hide like animals, this is pathetic!”

“Queen BoA we would have gotten a little more but it would seem the young gang of boys in the 78th district have disappeared.” Lady Jea reported and everyone turned and looked at her, “They never made it back with the blood they were suppose to collect”

“What the hell, did they take all my blood?!” Queen BoA growled “Find them!”

“We are trying to, Your Majesty but I believe that they didn’t collect any blood at all.” Lady Min-hyung began, “I had my clan look at the location they last reported from and when my people searched the scene there was no blood. Not there or in the surrounding areas, however they said they smelled residue of vampiric ash”

Queen BoA narrowed her eyes, “Are you telling me someone killed them?”

“It is possible, my Queen” Lady Min-hyung said and the vampire lords and ladies started murmuring.

“Who would do such a thing? It couldn’t be possible that one of ours would do that and all the supernaturals here know better than to mess our collectors.” Lord Hyun-seung frowned

“Could it possibly be the Hunters?” Lady Min-hyung asked

“This would be the first time since we changed our methods that they have attacked us” Lady Jea said “Have they already figured out our method?”

“We’re not killing so why would they attacks us?” Lady Jea scoffed

“I think they don’t want us to touch other humans at all” Lord Changmin stated

“Well sadly I have more bad news to report, according to the census, there has been a report of a massive migration of supernaturals that came into the country within three days” Lord Kangin reported

Queen BoA turned her glare on the vampire Lord, “When did this happen?”

Lord Kangin gulped, he could tell the Queen would not like this answer “Two months ago my Queen”

“And why the hell am I learning about this now?!” Queen BoA growled

“It takes a while to finish the census report especially since we’re doing it in secret from the rest of the supernaturals as well.” Lord Kangin replied with a shaky breath

“How many supernaturals have come into my country? And what type of supernaturals are they?” Queen BoA hissed, pissed to learn this two months late.

Well we don’t have an actual amount but based on reports and witness accounts I would have to say around 80. Majority of them are werewolves, while the rest are vampires, elves and witches.” Lord Kangin answered

All the lords and ladies started murmuring again, “Could this be the council sneaking an army into the country?” Lord Hyun-seung frowned

Queen BoA clenched her teeth, “They wouldn’t dare, not when I have many of their people in my country already.”

“Yes but majority of the vampire clans is with the council and they have more of our people along with rest of the council. If we were to go to war we would definitely lose.” Lord Changmin said trying to reason

Queen BoA eyes turned red, “Damn them, damn those traitors!” She yelled standing up making her chair tip backwards, “I saved them from that wretched Queen and yet they continued to loyal to her and actually try to find her stupid successor.” She laughed darkly, “I should’ve killed them all when I chance” she growled

“Your Majesty you must remain calm” Lord TOP reminded 

Queen BoA nodded and took a deep breath, “This is the first time they’ve done anything, right?” And the lords and ladies nodded, “Meaning that something must’ve happened that caused them to act.” She reasoned, “Have our people find out what actually happened with those, someone must’ve seen something! Use your human resources and find those supernaturals, find out why they’re here!” She commanded

The Lords and Ladies all stood up and bowed to the Vampire Queen, “Yes your Majesty” and all walked out the meeting room. Lord TOP pulls up Queen BoA chair and she sat back down. He placed his hand on her shoulder and she grinned, “Thank you Lord TOP, only you can calm me down” she smirked 

“Anything for you my Queen” Lord TOP smiled before he left the meeting room and walked down the corridor.

“Finished kissing up to the Queen, Seung-hyun?” Lady Jea smirked, from behind him. 

He turned around raising an eyebrow at the lady vampire, “You know that the Queen isn’t my type” he chuckled 

“Ah yes you prefer young pretty boys” Lady Jea said with a scoffed, “I will never understand what a handsome man like you would want with young man instead of a beautiful woman. We woman have so much more to offer” she purred while touching his chest.

Lord TOP eyes glowed red, “You better remove your hands off me if you still want to keep them” he growled

Lady Jea slowly removed her hands, “You were always so testy.” She smiled. Lord TOP eyes went back to his original color as he rolled his eyes and continued walking down the corridor. Lady Jea walked after him, “So do you think the council sent their supernaturals to actually to start a war?” 

“Of course not” Lord TOP frowned “Lord Hyun-seung was just sprouting out nonsense, he’s been thinking that the council will launch an attack for thousands of years and it hasn’t happened.”

Lady Jea nodded her head slowly, “So what do you it really is?”

“Honestly there’s only one reason why so many supernaturals would be in country in the matter of three days” Lord TOP began, “They must’ve found a successor”

Lady Jea stopped, “What? That’s impossible” She frowned

“Is it? After the death of the Ancient Vampire Queen Hyori and her unborn child the council sent empty threats then they suddenly went silent. Now thousands of years later, the council seems to be doing something? They wouldn’t act like this unless they found the successor to the Vampire throne” Lord TOP explained

“So what, the successor was here in South Korea all this time? How haven’t we seen this?” Lady Jea sighed

“It’s just theory besides I don’t think the successor was raised here, the council is doing something and the successor is just part of that.” Lord TOP added

“Isn’t this something we should tell the Queen?” Lady Jea asked

“You wanna tell her there might be a potential successor, somewhere in South Korea with a possible 80 supernatural bodyguards?” TOP scoffed

Lady Jea immediately shaked her head, she already see that the Queen would upset with even hearing that there might be a successor, “So what do we do?” she asked

“We do what the Queen asked and maybe we just might see if there really is a successor” Lord TOP smiled