Chapter 7

Part of Me

Mark internally sighed, “Chen and Sehun are actually my bodyguards” he revealed looking down at his pants.

 

Mark thought at this point Jinyoung would release him from his hold but if anything Jinyoung held him tighter, “Waah, I swear Hyung you’re getting cooler and cooler every moment” Youngjae squealed

 

“Seriously we got like the coolest roommate ever” BamBam cheered

 

“Hyung I thought you said your parents are retired? What could you possibly need bodyguards for?” Jackson asked

 

Mark was racking through his brain to think of a good excuse, “Yah stop being so nosy. It’s probably a secret and Mark-hyung can’t tell anyone.” Jinyoung covered, BamBam opened his mouth, “We only met him a few hours ago, he doesn’t have to tell us everything. Give the poor child time to get use to us.” 

 

The others sighed and nodded knowing Jinyoung was right so they immediately dropped the topic and started discussing something else. Mark smiled he couldn’t help but be happy that Jinyoung constantly covered for him. Wait a minute, why is Jinyoung constantly covering for him? They only met a while ago and Jinyoung must be as curious as the others; Mark looked down at Jinyoung arms around his waist. Could a person be so comfortable with someone they just met? 

 

Unless…. Mark turned his head and started to sniff Jinyoung, ‘Hmm he doesn’t smell like any supernatural creatures but there are a few I don’t know of’ Mark thought, he kept sniffing Jinyoung, trying to find some type of magical scent. 

 

The chest he was sniffing started to shaked, “Hyung what are you doing?” Jinyoung chuckled

 

Mark stopped what he was doing and looked up at Jinyoung, “Oh sorry, you smell really good” Mark lied while turning his head back to the others. ‘He doesn’t smell magical at all, could it be they hired a normal human to watch over me? I need to ask the guys later’  What Mark didn’t realize was that his actions brought the attention of Jackson and Jaebum, who frowned at seeing Mark being so close to Jinyoung.

 

“Wow Jinyoung-hyung, you’re already putting moves on Mark-hyung?” Yugyeom giggled, “How do you even know he swings that way?”

 

Jinyoung glared at the giant maknae wishing he could just punch him, “Yah I’m only holding him and if Mark-hyung feels uncomfortable he would’ve told me so” He then looked down at Mark, “Am I making you feel uncomfortable hyung?”

 

Mark shaked his head, “No not really. But I guess I should tell you guys that I do swing that way” he said picking at his nails; shy about coming out so causally.

 

“Wow what are the odds of there being four gays and three biuals sharing an apartment together?” BamBam revealed and Mark eyes widened, “Jinyoung, Youngjae and Jackson are bi while the rest of us are just gay” he answered 

 

“That’s really some crazy odds” Mark said in awe

 

“What can I say, I see no lines when it comes to love” Jackson smirked, winking at Mark

 

“Eww hyung, that’s so cheesy” Youngjae cringed and Mark giggled

 

“Yeah Jackson-ah quit it” Jaebum grinned; Jackson turned and glared at the man.

 

Jinyoung smiled, “Alright as wonderful as this all is, it’s time for bed”

 

“Aww hyung” both Yugyeom and BamBam groaned

 

“Yah I said it’s time for bed” Jinyoung scolded 

 

“Oop Mother has spoken” Youngjae giggled as he started to get up

 

“That includes you too Mark-hyung; you must be extremely exhausted” Jinyoung said looking down at Mark.

 

Mark didn’t feel tired, he slept a bit on the plane plus he was a vampire so sleep wasn’t really something he needed unless he overexerted his powers or just wanted to. However from the look of Jinyoung he had a feeling he better do what the man said even if he was younger. Mark nodded and got up from Jinyoung’s lap. He muttered good night to everyone and started to walk away but he was grabbed from behind. All his instincts told him to fight but he knew it was probably one of his roommates.

 

Turning his head he smiled seeing it was just Jackson, “Goodnight hyung” he smiled widely

 

Mark giggled, “Wow you really are a hugger, aren’t ya?”

 

“You should’ve flipped him when had the chance” Jaebum said walking past the two.

 

Jackson noticed his shoulders were tense and decided to , “Don’t be jealous Hyung” He said leaning his chin on Mark’s shoulder and arms tightly wrapped around Mark’s slim body. 

 

Jaebum turned around, frowning at the sight, “I have no reason to be jealous” and walked away to his bedroom. 

 

Mark pouted, worried that he might have angered him, “Don’t worry about Jb-hyung, he just a stubborn person.” Jackson smiled trying to shift Mark focus off of him, “Tomorrow I’ll show you all the hotspots South Korea has to offer”

 

Mark turned around and smiled, “Would you really do that for me?”

 

Jackson grinned, watching how Mark eyes shined like an excited child, “Of course I would do anything for you.”

 

Mark cheeks turned pink and Jackson thought that was the cutest thing ever, “I don’t want you to do that, but I would be really happy if you showed me the hotspots.” Mark already had a bunch of people who would sadly risk their life for his. He would never let a human like Jackson do the same for him.

 

“I’ll come too” Jaebum deep voice said and Jackson jumped back releasing Mark, thinking the man went to his bed. Mark stayed calm, already sensing the human.

 

“Dude where the hell did you come from?!” Jackson said clutching his heart.

 

Jaebum rolled his eyes ignoring Jackson, “If you want me to Mark?”

 

Mark happily nodded his head, “That would be great”

 

“I’m coming too, Jackson and Jaebum-hyung have a horrible sense of direction and we don’t want you getting lost.” Jinyoung smiled. “Do you guys want to come as well?” He asked the maknae’s

 

“I can’t I have to finish my homework” Youngjae groaned unhappy about the thought.

 

“BamBam and me already have plans with Jung-kook and Mingyu” Yugyeom replied

 

“Oh thank goodness for that” Jinyoung grinned making the giant maknae pout. Jackson was pissed since now both Jinyoung and Jaebum invited themselves to their ‘date’. Damn. Jaebum internally smiled, even though he wasn’t happy that Jackson had first asked Mark at least he and Jinyoung can prevent anything from happening.

 

“Alright Hyung time for bed” Jinyoung smirked pulling Mark from Jackson and towards his bedroom. Jinyoung pushed Mark inside his room and muttered good night before closing the door. Mark giggled to himself, insanely happy that was able to get close and make friends with roommates in a matter of hours. He sat in the middle of the bed and thought, ‘If this is a dream, I don’t ever want to wake up’

 

He turned off the light with a wave of his hand, pretending to be asleep. Using his senses he watched through the now invisible walls to see his roommates wandering around the apartment. BamBam and Yugyeom to their individual rooms after hugging; Mark sensed an emotion from the two after their hug. He tilted his head, could those two like each other?

 

He continue to watch as Jinyoung and Youngjae finish cleaning the sink and walk to their rooms while Jackson and Jaebum finished putting the couch’s back to their original spots. Jaebum walked to door before stopping and turning to look at Mark’s door, he walked over and raised his hand as if to knock. Before he could he turned looking at Jackson and Mark can sense a couple of emotions stirring in Jackson. Mark purposely closed off his hearing not wanting to intrude on whatever private conversation the two were having but the more Jackson talked the more similar emotion arose with Jaebum.

 

A few times Mark saw Jackson point to his door and Mark curiosity made him want to know what they were saying but he knew it would be best if he didn’t. Jaebum looked mad and as did Jackson but thankfully Jackson walked to his room before anything happened and Jaebum did the same. Mark waited but nothing else seemed to happen after that; he could tell that his roommates were still awake and he didn’t want to wake them when he left. 

 

He let him mind drift thinking about all that occurred in the week; his acceptance to the school, the move from L.A to South Korea and now meeting and having six human friends. Only in a normal life of a vampire. Looking down at his phone he realized it was 4am, he checked his roommates and saw four of them were asleep while Jaebum and Youngjae were still awake, it seemed Youngjae was playing video games with headphones on while Jaebum was reading while listening to music. 

 

He quietly slipped out his room while tightly clutching his keys so they wouldn’t make a sound. He picked up his sneakers by the door and quietly left the apartment. By the stairs he placed his sneakers on and left the building. Once he was a distance away he walked away till he off campus.

 

“Where are you going Prince Mark?” a voice said behind him.

 

“I was hoping to see you Hyun-woo” Mark said while slipping his hands in his hoodie pocket.

 

“For what my Prince?” Hyun-woo asked 

 

“Is there a human assigned to watch over me as well?” Mark asked turning around to look at the older vampire

 

Hyun-woo thought for a moment, “Not that I know of my Prince. The council would never let a human be part of your protection detail because of the fear they might be with the Hunters. Why Prince?”

 

Mark was surprised by the fact that Hyun-woo didn’t know which means at some point he stopped listening to conversation he was having with his roommates. ’So he’s really just human, and I’m sure the council would check to make sure there were no Hunters coming to the school. So Jinyoung was probably just being really friendly.’ He smiled, “No reason’

 

Hyun-woo raised an eyebrow, “So will you tell me where you’re going?” Crossing him arms

“No where really” Mark said while continuing to walk, “Just want to explore a bit before I see more of Korea tomorrow with my roommates”

 

“You’re doing what?!” Hyun-woo harshly whispered while following after him

 

“Hyun-woo I gotta be normal so I can’t just stay on campus all the time plus I know Chen and Sehun will come along another couple other hidden bodyguards.” Mark sighed already knowing that will definitely happen whether he likes it or not.

 

Hyun-woo sighed, “I suppose it will be alright especially since you outed two of your guards already to your roommates”

 

So he was listening but probably to only parts of the conversation, “That would be obvious to anyone” Mark said over his shoulder

 

Hyun-woo exhaled but he knew Prince Mark was right, “Just be careful who you trust my Prince”

 

“I will” Marks smiled happy that Hyun-woo wasn’t too mad at about that

 

“But I have to say my Prince, I’m surprised you revealed your uality to them so quickly. You were a mess when revealing yourself to your family and to everyone else” Hyun-woo said crossing his arms

 

Mark groaned thinking back on that day, he was so nervous that he started to cry making it rain hard in L.A confusing all weather channels. However it didn’t turn out as bad as he thought, his parents didn’t mind at all especially since his sister Grace had already come out years before. For reason he forgot that, probably due to all the panicking.  

 

He was even more surprised when the vampires and werewolves also didn’t care at his news either. Apparently homouality was a common theme for supernaturals; strange how none of this was mentioned about in any of his classes. 

 

“Thanks for bringing back that wonderful memory” he said sarcastically 

 

“No problem, my Prince” Hyun-woo smiled

 

Mark rolled his eyes, “And what did I say about the title” he frowned

 

Hyun-woo sighed, “Mark-nim”