Chapter 13

Part of Me

“BAMBAM!!” Yugyeom screamed running into the alley and the five ran after him. Jinyoung pulled Yugyeom back as they all gasped at what they saw; BamBam was in a headlock by a dark haired man with glowing red eyes and four other guys behind him with glowing red eyes as well. They had claws for hands and they bared their teeth showing their fangs.

“W-W-What are t-those t-things?” Youngjae whimpered holding onto Jackson. Jinyoung, Yugyeom, Mark, and Jaebum could only stare in horror as they watch their friend struggle in one of the men hold.

“Well well well we bought one snack but now it seems we have a full course meal” The dark haired man holding BamBam smiled, “The seven of you can feed a whole clan.” 

Mark could only assumed he was the leader and the rest were his followers. He then clenched his hands, “Let our friend go!” Mark yelled out

The followers hissed at Mark, “Oh you pathetic human waste do you really think you can order us around?!” The leader yelled

Mark chuckled making his friends confused and frightened that Mark would choose now to laugh, but it sounded so dark and menacing that even the vampires flinched, “I think I have the authority to do so”

The leader growled and tightened his hold on BamBam neck making him give out a weak whimper, “You better shut your f**** mouth unless you want me to break your friend neck!”

“If you hurt him, I will kill you!” Mark barked

The leader laughed, “Oh I’m so scared” he said in a mocking voice

Mark glanced up and saw Sehun, Chen and two other guards standing both sides of the roof building, “I warned you” he smirked and snapped his fingers. 

In the instant all the guards jumped down and morph into their werewolf forms, “What the f*** hell?!” The leader asked shocked and in a blink of an eye the werewolves quickly pounced on the followers, killing them in an instant.

The leader lifted BamBam in the air and before he could do anything Hyun-woo grabbed his free hand, “I wouldn’t do that if I were you” Hyun-woo warned, “Put the human down” he commanded, the leader dropped BamBam and he immediately ran to Yugyeom where the other held him tightly.

Hyun-woo then dragged the leader by his neck, over to Mark, “W-Who are you?” The leader asked

Mark narrowed his eyes at him, “Your King” he said, his eyes turned red and he lifted his hands over him, turning the leader to dust with his ashes laying in a pile by his feet. Mark eyes turned to normal and he looked back at his friends who moved back away from him, he looked at them sadly before turning to Hyun-woo, “Get them back to the dorms” he ordered quietly.

Hyun-woo nodded and led them out the alley and into a limo that had appeared behind them, everyone quickly piled in the limo except for Jaebum who turned at looked at Mark’s back. Jinyoung whispered to him to get in and Jaebum entered inside the limo. Once the doors closed the limo drove away.

Tears filled Mark eyes as he looked up and the once clear sky was turning cloudy; Sehun, who shifted back, walked towards Mark, “I’m so sorry Markie this was not how it was supposed to go” he apologize patting his shoulder. Mark nodded and had myself be led out of the alley.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark slowly walked up the stairs of the dorm building, with a sinking feeling he already of how this was going to go. As he got to his floor he walked over to his apartment and opened the door. When he got in he saw the six sitting in the living room all huddled together with Hyun-woo standing by the wall, opposite of them. BamBam was sitting in a sofa with Yugyeom, still holding him tightly while Jaebum, Youngjae, Jackson and Jinyoung sitting on the larger couch.

“Mark-hyung what the hell was that?!” Jackson yelled first, “What the f** were those things? How did you do that? Why the hell did you bodyguards turn into giant dogs?!”

“Jackson” Mark said quietly “I will answer all of your questions” he added. He walked over to the remaining sofa and sat down. “Those things that you saw were vampires and my bodyguards they were werewolves” 

“Vampires and werewolves?” Jinyoung asked in disbelief, “They exist?”

“Yes along with many other supernatural creatures” Mark replied

“You’re a vampire too aren’t you, hyung?” Yugyeom asked with a shaky breath

Mark nodded, “Yes I am” 

The six gasped; Jackson jumped off the couch and stood over with Yugyeom and BamBam with wide eyes, “Oh my god!” Youngjae yelled standing up backing to where Jackson was, “All this time we were living with, with monsters!”

Hyun-woo opened his mouth to speak but Mark lifted his hands as a sign to not say anything. Hyun-woo looked at Mark and saw tears running down his cheeks. Mark then stood up, “No you’re wrong, I’m not like them”

“Were you being friends with us just kill us?!” Yugyeom screamed with tears flowing down from his eyes. BamBam could only stare he looked completely traumatize. 

“NO NO NO!” Mark yelled “I swear I never saw you guys like that!”

“Are you the reason why BamBam was attacked?! Did they attack us because of you?!” Jackson seethed

Mark could only shake his head, “NO NO NO!!!!”

“GUYS STOP IT!!!” Jaebum yelled standing up

“BUT HYUNG-!” Jackson began

“NO STOP!” Jinyoung interrupted standing up as well.

“Guys none of this is Mark’s fault” Jaebum defended

“Are you actually guys defending that monster?!” Youngjae yelled

Jackson glared at Mark, “Did you hypnotize them or something?!”

Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “Jackson shut up! We’re not hypnotize or anything like that”

“For the past two months that Mark has been here everything was fine, he never tried to hurt us, he never attacked us; if anything he wanted to be friends with us” Jaebum defended

“Maybe he was planning on doing that later” Youngjae argued

“Why would he do that? You saw what happened earlier he has werewolf and vampire guards, why friend us when he could attack us right from the beginning” Jinyoung sighed crossing his arms

Youngjae, Jackson and Yugyeom looked at each other, “Mark could do whatever he wanted from us from the beginning but he didn’t” Jaebum said frowning to his friends. The three looked down feeling a bit guilty for the way they treated Mark.

“You never meant us any harm did you hyung?” Jinyoung said looking at Mark.

Mark shaked his head, “Never, I just wanted to be friends that all I swear” he cried. Jaebum and Jinyoung walked over to and pulled him into a hug, Mark slightly gasped and cried, sobbing. The two pulled away as they all heard the heavy shower of the rain hitting the windows, “I’m sorry when I cry a lot it rains” he sniffed rubbing his eyes.

Jackson and Youngjae went back to their seat along with Jinyoung but Jaebum pulled Mark down on his lap as they sat on the sofa together, “You can control the rain hyung?” Yugyeom gasped

Mark tilted his head and looked back at Hyun-woo, who stood behind him, “Can I?”

Hyun-woo shrugged, “I have no idea how far your powers expand but I do know that when your emotions get overwhelming it can change the weather.”

Mark nodded since he already knew that emotions could lead to him losing control over his powers. He turned and looked at BamBam who was still staring off into space with a haunted look, “BamBam I am so sorry, I had thought that something like this would never ever happen, especially to you, my friend” Mark apologize

BamBam blinked and turned his head to Mark, “I-I can feel their nails on my neck, their glowing red staring deep inside my soul, I never been so scared in my life” he whispered

Mark sighed, “I wished I can help you” he said as he looked down.

Hyun-woo moved from the wall and walked over to BamBam, “Do you wish to forget?” He asked, BamBam looked up at him and nodded franticly. Hyun-woo eyes glowed light green as his placed his index finger in the middle of BamBam forehead, “The vampires, you will still remember but the pain, and the fear you felt and experience will be gone” and his eyes went back to normal color.

BamBam sat up while on Yugyeom lap, blinking a couple of times, “What did you do to him?” Jackson asked

“Exactly what I said I would do; he remembers the incident but at the same time he doesn’t. The fear and the pain are gone so what happened won’t bother him as much anymore.” Hyun-woo responded

“BamBam how do you feel?” Yugyeom asked rubbing BamBam back

“I feel much better, it’s like I’m no longer scared” BamBam explained and he looked at Hyun-woo, “Thank you”

Hyun-woo nodded his head, “You are Prince Mark friends, I will do what I can for you” 

“Yeah I keep hearing that what are you the prince of?” Jackson asked

“Prince Yi-En Mark Tuan, future King of the Vampires” Hyun-woo replied before Mark could.

“Yes but that title means nothing, not many supernaturals know of me” Mark sighed

“So you’re definitely not part of those vampires, right?” Youngjae asked making sure and Mark nodded

“Those vampires are under the rule of Vampire Queen, but we call them rogues because they attack humans to feed while the rest of us either drink synthetic blood or have humans who gave their consent to feed from them.” Hyun-woo replied

“Does the Vampire Queen know what her vampires are doing?” Jinyoung asked

“Oh she definitely does, she wanted situations like this to happen” Hyun-woo growled

“Let me guess guys she hates humans” BamBam guessed and Hyun-woo nodded

“How did you know that?” Yugyeom asked 

“I watch a lot of vampire shows” BamBam smiled smugly 

“Why here in South Korea?” Jaebum wondered

“South Korea have always been a supernatural hotspot and it’s also the capital for the Vampire kingdom” Mark replied this time crossing his arms, “Supernatural creatures all have their section of the world they hold their kingdoms in”

“I see you have been researching, my Prince” Hyun-woo smiled

“It’s because of a couple of books I got from King Taeyang” Mark smiled, Hyun-woo tilted his head and gave him a questioning look, “He sent it in the mail two weeks after I got here”

“Earlier you said that your title means nothing but you’re called a prince and you have many bodyguards, why?” Jinyoung asked

“I’m the successor to the Vampire throne but because the Vampire Queen killed the previous Queen, she wants to keep her title so she’ll kill anyone that threatens that. So my existence was hidden from her or anyone else under her power. Only the supernatural clan leaders, kings, queens aka the council and my bodyguards know who I really am” Mark explained

“So what now?” BamBam asked “Are we in trouble from them?"

“No, I’ve had the werewolf guards clean up the area and the vampire guards are making sure there wasn’t any other vampires around.” Hyun-woo began, “So we should be okay but if we’re discovered, we’re leaving” 

“Leaving?” Youngjae frowned

Jaebum frowned, “But you can’t” he said looking at Mark, “You can’t leave”

“Remember, that’s the deal I made when I asked to come here” Mark said sadly, “If trouble happens here I’m heading back home”

“Umm not back home” Hyun-woo began, Mark and the others looked at him, “The council told me if you got in trouble they will take over in guarding you.”

“Meaning I wouldn’t see my family again?” Mark gasped, shocked to hear this new piece of information.

Hyun-woo shrugged, “I don’t know but you probably would be sent with either the other clans or other kingdoms”

“We don’t want that to happen” Yugyeom whined

“But you guys could get in trouble” Mark sighed

“Yeah and we could’ve been dead if you hadn’t been there” BamBam added

“And for that we’re really thankfully hyung” Jackson nodded 

“You’re welcome” Mark smiled, “I would never let anything bad happen to you guys”

“You guys better get some sleep, tonight have been really crazy for you” Hyun-woo suggested

“You said it” Youngjae sighed as he and the others got up from their seats.

Hyun-woo chuckled, “I’ll see you all tomorrow night” he said as he started to walk away

“Tomorrow night? Why?” Jackson frowned

“Well I can’t be here in the morning, I am a vampire after all” Hyun-woo smiled

“Oh I just thought you can because Mark-hyung is up in the morning” Jackson said looking confused

“Oh that’s because I’m not a normal vampire, I don’t have the same disability as the other vampires.” Mark replied 

“Oh so you don’t even need to drink blood?” Jinyoung asked 

“Well not now he doesn’t but when he meets his mate, he will” Hyun-woo answered for him

“Really? I just assumed I would never need blood” Mark said shocked at what he heard

“Well you are a vampire, so once you find your mate and bond with them you will crave it” Hyun-woo answered

“A mate?” Jaebum asked frowning at what he heard, “Like a lover?”

“Well kinda, we vampires all have soulmates, a being we bond with for the rest of our lives” Hyun-woo replied

“Oh, so Mark-hyung you already have a vampire you’re destined with” Jaebum said slowly, sounding disappointed; Jinyoung looked at Jaebum with concern.

“First of all Prince Mark soulmate doesn’t have to a vampire it can be anyone, a werewolf, elf, succubi, and even a human” Hyun-woo replied and Jaebum immediately perk up, this means he has a better chance right?

“Really? Why am I learning of this now?” Mark asked looking at Hyun-woo

“Because you’re young” Hyun-woo responded as if that explained it all

Mark sighed, “How do I find my soulmate?” He asked and Jaebum looked at him, why does he want to find them, doesn’t Mark want him?

“Well it’s quite hard to find them but first the person will come to you in a dream, second you will be undoubtably attracted to them and they will feel the same and third, you need to kiss them. True love kiss reveals the mate” Hyun-woo explained 

“Um so what happens if you have been having dreams of a person?” Mark asked shyly, picking at his fingernails.

Jaebum gasped, “You’ve been having the dreams of your mate?” Hyun-woo asked, “And you didn’t tell me?”

Mark frowned at Hyun-woo, “It’s not like I didn’t want to tell you, I kept forgetting. Besides it’s not like I know who they are, their face is always dark” he sighed

Hyun-woo looked at Jaebum; over the past two months he and Sehun have been watching Jaebum and Mark interactions and from the look of it the two were definitely attracted to each other. Hyun-woo could see that Jaebum must truly love Mark especially since he defended him along with the other human. 

“I see now” Hyun-woo smirked and Mark gave him a confused look, “Prince Mark your mate is much closer than you realize” he smiled before he left the apartment

“What the hell does that mean?” Mark wondered and he looked up at Jinyoung who wore a similar smile, “What?”

“I think you two need to have a talk” Jinyoung smiled, pulling Jaebum and Mark out of the living room and into Mark’s bedroom and closing the down behind them.

Jinyoung smiled to himself and walked back to the living room, “Hyung what’s going on?” BamBam asked

“Probably something magical” Jinyoung smirked, “Anyways it’s time for bed everyone to their rooms” Jinyoung sternly said and the maknae’s shrugged and listening to Jinyoung order. Youngjae went to his room while BamBam decided to sleep in Yugyeom room, the only one left was Jackson.

“You think Jaebum-hyung is Mark-hyung mate, don’t you?” Jackson asked putting his hands in his pocket.

“Probably, I mean it’s obvious that they really like each other so why not” Jinyoung shrugged

“You know when I saw Mark kill that vampire, I almost s*** myself and then he announced that he was a vampire. Holy crap I was freaking out and I want to scream and curse him out but you two were actually defending him and I was so nervous” Jackson began, “Why did you defend him?”

Jinyoung crossed his arms, “Like I said earlier, if Mark-hyung wanted to he could’ve taken what he wanted; he didn’t need to mess around and friend us. That night we met Mark-hyung I could tell he was telling the truth, all he really wanted was friends and he was so grateful that we friended him so fast. None of that was an act, it was genuine” 

Jackson nodded, and gave a small laugh, “Wow I’m such a jerk, I immediately him before even listening. You were so right Mark-hyung doesn’t need a boyfriend like me” he said shaking his head

“Yeah I know” Jinyoung said walking over to Jackson, “But he does need good friend like you”

Jackson smiled, “Thanks. But I got to ask, why were you pushing Mark-hyung and Jaebum-hyung together? You’re not even doing anything in setting up Yugyeom and BamBam together and we all know they really like each other. Plus you don’t get to gain anything.”

“What makes you say that?” Jinyoung grinned and Jackson gave him a confused looked. Jinyoung then wrapped his arms around Jackson neck, lightly rubbing his neck, “How do you know I won’t get anything in return?”

Jackson was shocked at Jinyoung forwardness and the first thought that ran through his mind was if Jinyoung was teasing him. However when Jackson looked at him in his eyes he could two emotions that he couldn’t understand and for the first time ever, he felt a little awkward, “Um what would you get?”

Jinyoung chuckled and leaned in close in his ear and whispered, “Guess” he said in low voice before nibbling Jackson ear and walking away with a smile on his lips. Jackson froze and stared after Jinyoung body.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyun-woo stood on the roof of the dorm building when both Chen and Sehun came up, “Is it done?” He asked

“Yup we cleaned up the alley and disposed of the ashes” Chen answered smugly

“I had a few werewolves and vampires search the area making sure there wasn’t any witnesses.” Sehun added and Hyun-woo nodded

“How did it go in there, does Markie have to move?” Chen asked.

Hyun-woo sighed clenching his jaw, why were the werewolves so disrespectful? “Well at first it went as expected, but it seemed two of the humans actually sided and defended the Prince” Hyun-woo replied

“Seriously? You didn’t use your powers did you?” Chen asked shocked

“Not at all, they used logic to come to the conclusion that the Prince is nothing like them” Hyun-woo said looking perplexed “Because of that the others also realized the same thing. So now everything is fine”

“Was one of the human the potential one?” Sehun asked, he had already told Chen his assumptions and what he saw during Mark’s first outing.

Hyun-woo nodded, “I don’t think he’s the potential one, I think he’s actually the one.”

“But he hasn’t had all the signs yet” Chen argued

“Actually Prince Mark already been having the dreams of mate and from the way he was defending him, there’s no doubt in my mind that the prince has found his mate.” Hyun-woo admitted

Sehun and Chen eyes widened, “So what now?” Sehun sighed

“We wait for them I suppose” Hyun-woo shrugged