Chapter 28

Part of Me

So the pic above just add's visual as to what Mark's throne room kinda looks like.


 

Following the challenge, the council had placed all of the former Queen vampires in a room surrounded by multiple other supernatural guards till Mark had come to a conclusion as what to do. Mark however was exhausted, after what he had been through, the council decided to help in watching the castle as he returned back to his dorm with his friends.

Mark was ecstatic to return home and after a quick shower, he rushed to his bed only to find Jaebum waiting there for him. Mark happily went into Jaebum’s open arms and laid on his chest listening to his mate’s heartbeat. Jaebum lightly ran his hands through Mark’s hair as he placed kisses all over his face and neck. Mark was too tired to stop the werewolf and he let him do as he please.

When he woke up the next day, he found himself still held in his mate’s arms. Jaebum was holding Mark possessively. He struggled with releasing himself from Jaebum hold but somehow he got freed. He then entered in his bathroom and brushed before heading into the shower. While washing himself, he heard the door open and figured Jaebum brushing his teeth or using the toilet never did he expect to see the curtain move aside and reveal a Jaebum.

Mark’s face reddened and turn his turned body to the wall to hide it from his mate’s sight and also to not look at his mate muscular body, “Jaebum what the hell are you doing?!”

“I need to shower.” Jaebum replied causally as if there was no problem.

“Shower in your own bathroom!” Mark yelled back

Jaebum snorted, “Why would I when there’s a perfectly good shower here?” Mark could sense him coming in the shower.

“Jaebum I’m using this shower! Wait until I’m done!”

Jaebum closed the shower curtain behind himself and leaned down to Mark’s ear, “I’d rather shower with you.”

He then began to kiss the back of Mark’s neck and shoulder, “J-Jaebum, w-we-”

“Don’t worry baby, I won’t do anything. I’m just gonna clean you.” Jaebum placed more kisses on Mark shoulder while using one hand to grab the soap from his mate’s hands and the other to pull Mark backside closer to him. He then lathered his hands and began to wash Mark’s toned chest, his shoulders, and even his back. Jaebum never once went too low, saying he’ll leave it to Mark to clean. 

Once he was done, he moved Mark under the shower head to rinse off. Mark then slowly turned around to face his mate and made sure to keep his eyes above the waist and began to wash Jaebum as well even though he never asked for it. 

Same as Jaebum, he kept his hands above the waist although he couldn’t do the same for his eyes and a few times he took a sneak peek of what was below and the sight shocked him to his core. The werewolf had a very impressive length and part of him wondered if it would ever fit when they reached the next step of their relationship. 

Jaebum must’ve noticed his nervousness and move forward to kiss his wet lips, “Don’t worry baby, we don’t have to do anything now.” Mark nodded his head dumbly. Jaebum moved himself under the water to rinse himself and the opened the curtain to get out. He turned off the water and pulled Mark out the shower as well. He took one of the towels and first wrapped it around Mark before wrapping around himself.

“You didn’t have to do that for me Jaebum” Mark said shyly although he had to admit he was liking the attention Jaebum was giving him.

Jaebum shaked his head, “Baby but you’ve been through a lot and I want to spoil you.” Mark sighed as he let Jaebum do as he pleases. The two left the bathroom and looked around for his clothes while Jaebum left his room to go into his own. 

Once Mark was done, he walked out and to go to the living room and he was surprised to see the others awake. “Morning Mark-hyung.” Jinyoung smiled from the kitchen as he was placing eggs into an empty plate on the dining table. Youngjae, Jackson, Yugyeom and BamBam also murmured good morning’s to him as well.

“Morning everyone, what are you guys doing up so early?” Mark asked

Yugyeom giggled, “It’s not early it’s only 10 am”

Mark eye’s widened, “Really?” And he looked at the clock in the kitchen to confirm what Yugyeom said was true. “I guess I was more tired than I thought.” He sighed as leaned against the counter.

“Well you were in the hands of the enemy for almost a day so I doubt you had time to rest.” Jinyoung stated.

“Speaking of which what was it like?” BamBam asked and Mark gave him a confused looked, “I mean like what happened to you during that time?”

At that moment, Jaebum appeared standing behind Mark, “Yah BamBam don’t ask Mark questions like that.” He frowned

Mark shaked his head, “It’s okay Bummie.” And he moved to sit at the dining table.

Jaebum sighed, he sat next to Mark and as he placed his hands on Mark’s shoulders. He didn’t want Mark to reminisce any bad memories. However the others looked at him with curious eyes while they also sat at the dining table too. Jinyoung placed a cup of orange juice and was the to sit, “So what happened?” Jackson asked

As they ate their breakfast, Mark began to recant his memories of what occurred during his time within the castle. Jaebum felt Def trying to claw out, when Mark stated the Queen hit him a couple of times, however being that he couldn’t see the marks must mean they already healed. Mark finished his story of what happened before everyone barged in.

“Well we’re glad nothing really bad happened to you.” Jinyoung smiled reaching across the table to hold Mark’s hand and Mark nodded but it was obvious it was kinda sad.

“What’s wrong?” Yugyeom asked, “Aren’t you happy to be free?”

Mark quickly nodded his head, “Yes definitely but I was hoping that I would find my father.” He sighed

The others looked solemnly at Mark, “Babe I’m so sorry.” Jaebum apologized 

“Maybe’s he’s somewhere in the castle.” BamBam guessed

Mark shaked his head, “Impossible, he could’ve only been an Elder and the Queen killed four of the Elders so if he was one of them he’s already died and if not then it means he was never in the castle to begin with.” Mark bowed his head, “I don’t know why I gave myself hope thinking that he was there.”

Jaebum bit his lip in guilt; it was his fault that Mark was feeling so depressed since he gave Mark the idea. “I’m sorry.” He sighed.

Mark waved his hand dismissing the apology, “It’s fine at least now I don’t have to worry about the Queen hurting anyone else anymore.”

“Glad you brought up that subject because I was wondering what you were going to do with the Queen and the others.” Youngjae spoke.

Mark sighed, “Obviously I gonna punish the Queen and the others. The question of how will probably be discussed with the council.”

“How will you punish her?” Yugyeom wondered

“Most likely I have to kill her.” Mark shrugged

The five gasped silently while Jaebum bit his lip, “Are you okay with that, hyung?” Jinyoung asked

“Well honestly yes.” Mark replied and they were shocked by his answer. “Guy’s she killed so many people including my mother. I can’t just keep her jailed in the dungeon, that would give the other vampires a chance to bring her back and then I have to deal with this mess again. Killing her is the only option.”

The others nodded, “We get that Mark-hyung, we’re just worried on what it will do to you.” Jackson said worriedly

“Did you guys forget that I killed a vampire already.” Mark smirked

The six gave a confused look until they remembered, “Ah right, I forgot about that.” BamBam replied but the six were still concerned for his mental wellbeing but choose to not speak more of it.

“So what about the Vampire Kingdom?” Jackson asked

“Our little prince is gonna take over.” Queen HyunA answered and everyone except for Mark and Jaebum jumped.

“I thought we were over this.” BamBam groaned

“Queen HyunA” Mark smiled and she wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing his cheek. Jaebum growled slight, “Baby relax.” Mark smirked when he heard his boyfriend’s growls. 

“Aww sweetie, I was there last night when we came to rescue but it seems you were too busy entering in a love triangle.” Queen HyunA giggled. Mark rolled his eyes ignoring her comment since answering would lead him to acknowledge Lord Top confession. “Okay okay I’m here to take you back to the castle, we have a very important meeting to discuss with you.”

Mark nodded, “Okay let me change.” He said as he got up.

“We’re coming too.” Jinyoung said standing as well

Mark sighed “Guys-” 

“Sure” Queen HyunA smiled

Mark raised an eyebrow at her, “Really?”

Queen HyunA nodded her head, “Well they can’t come to the meeting but right now the castle is being restored to it’s original form. Perhaps they can help with that.”

“Don’t see how but okay.” BamBam shrugged. Everyone got and placed their plates in the sink and entered in their room to change. Mark was the first to finish changing into a more professional wear and used his telekinesis to do the dishes while waiting for everyone else to come out. It was only minutes later  when everyone but BamBam came out.

“Yah how long is BamBam gonna take?” Jackson groaned

“I told him to just dress causally but he said no.” Yugyeom sighed. Ten minutes later BamBam finally came out wearing a dark button down shirt with blue flowers and black pants and boots. 

Everyone decided not to comment because there would be no point and began to head outside where a limo and Jung-hwan greeted them. After getting into the car, Jung-hwan drove off towards the Vampire Castle. Mark was surprised at seeing a special road open up for them in the forest; as they were traveling it seemed they were a long ways till they reached the castle but suddenly the castle appeared before them.

“Wow where did the castle appear from?” BamBam gasped

“The castle grounds is protected by a magical bubble so only those with special access can enter in.” Queen HyunA explained, “It’s the only way to keep humans from discovering our kind.”

The limo entered in through the gates and drove around the fountain with a statue of a tall woman pouring a bucket of water and parked in front of the double steel entrance doors. Jung-hwan opened the limo doors and just as Jackson was about to knock the doors were opened by Sehun.

“Oh Sehun have you been here all night?” Youngjae asked

“Yup we having everyone available help clean up the castle.” Sehun answered. Walking into the lobby of the castle, the entry doesn’t look as gloomy and depressing as it did before but it was still somewhat dark with the lights from the chandeliers illuminating the room. 

An elf woman wearing a light green summer dress, came up to Mark and Queen HyunA, “Your Majesties,” she curtsied, “Please follow me to the conference.”

“I’ll see you guys later” Mark waved as he followed the elf. 

Jaebum was about to go with him when Sehun stopped him, “Sorry Jaebum, council members only, but come on you guys cane help us fix up the castle.” The five and grumpy Jaebum followed Sehun through the castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark and Queen HyunA entered a room large with a long U shaped table with two rows of tables at both sides of the U table. All the council members sat with the U-shaped table while other clan leaders and Elders sat at the rows. Mark was placed middle of the U with Hyun-woo behind him. 

“I hope you slept well, Prince Mark.” Queen Chaerin smiled to him

“I did, thank you.” Mark replied back

“Oh what’s this, Queen Chaerin being friendly? Is this an omen?” Lord Shindong joked, Queen Chaerin glared at the werewolf.

“Prince Mark, I’m sure you understand why we brought you here.” King Taeyang began and Mark nodded, “For those who don’t, we are discussing the punishment for BoA and her people. Of course all final judgements will be made by Prince Mark. Does everyone agree?”

Everyone nodded, “Most definitely, it’s only right since this is Prince Mark domain now.” Lord Seung-hyun agreed.

“There’s no need for discussion! She and her clan leaders must be put to death!” Lord Daesung stated.

“And what of the lower rank vampires?” Queen Suzy asked

“Their punishment shouldn’t be too severe, they were didn’t have a choice in who to be loyal too. Majority of them were probably turned during her reign.” Lord Siwon said

“But yesterday one of those vampires tried to kill our only successor!” Lady Hyoyeon argued

“Lady Hyoyeon right, we don’t know how many others are like that.” Queen Taeyeon said

“Which is why I have an idea.” Mark said speaking up for the first time. He was bit nervous about but if he was suppose to rule, he had better get use to it, “I was thinking that using a similar version of cuffs on all of them.”

“Ah like behavior collars.” Queen Chaerin smiled evilly 

Mark bowed his head, “You would treat prisoners as an animals.” Shindong sighed

“That’s not a bad idea. I’ll call the coven and have start right away to make the new cuffs and they hopefully should be exactly how you need them to be.” Queen Taeyeon replied to Mark as she took out her phone to text her coven.

“Okay so back to BoA and the clan leader?” King Taeyang asked

“We already discussed this, they all should be put to death.” Lord G-Dragon frowned

"There was no discussion! You guys just demanded she be killed.” Lord Siwon argued

“Do you disagree, Siwon?” Lord Seung-hyun said

“Shouldn’t the decision be with Prince Mark?” Queen HyunA wondered and everyone looked to Mark.

Mark gulped silently, “Well I believe that the BoA should die along with the clan leader however Lord Top will not die at least not till I have a proper conversation with him.”

“What?!” Lady Tiffany yelled in shock.

“Could you explain yourself, my Prince?” Hyun-woo asked

“Even though he’s the reason for my capture. He saved me and for that I owe him at least conversation.” Mark stated

Everyone looked at each other before nodding, “Alright Prince Mark.” Lord Seung-hyun said. They spoke for another 30 minutes discussing the matters of Mark ruling the Vampire Kingdom to which he agreed on becoming King. They then moved the conversation to the Hunters and the Unity Treaty.

“Ah I’m guessing the Unity Treaty never came into fruition.” Lord Daesung guessed

“Because of BoA, it didn’t and caused the Hunters to prey on all of us. However recently I made contact with the leader of the Hunters and he wants to continue with the Unity Treaty but the rest of the Hunters aren’t on the same page.” Mark explained 

“How dare they?” Lady Tiffany growled

“Whoa calm down, Lady Tiffany. It’s not their faults they have no knowledge of our past together and it’s because BoA attacks humans along with other rogue supernaturals, many of their loved loves have been taken.” Lord Shindong explained

“Lord Shindong is right, for once, when it comes to revenge it’s hard to see reasoning. Although what they are doing is wrong, due to BoA allowing all this death, they see no other way.” Queen Chaerin added. The four Elders looked at each other and nodded, understanding their words.

“The Leader of the Hunters said that he is working on changing their views and I’m sure with me taking the throne and also us using our resources to make sure no supernatural ever hurt a human. Maybe, just maybe it might help in making them see how serious we are.” Mark stated. 

The four Elders and the rest of the council, “Wonderful idea, little prince.” Queen HyunA smiled.  The council gave their final remarks and decided that later they call BoA and the former clan leaders to tell them their decision. 

After their final decisions, the council, Elders and Mark walked towards the throne room. Entering in Mark noticed how much nicer the throne room looked compared to before. The room and the pillars don’t look as dark yet there was still that feeling of it. Another addition to the room was the rows of seats by the pillars and everyone sat there. Even Jaebum, his five friends, and the guards the council took with them. 

Hyun-woo lead Mark to sit on the throne and he felt a little awkward sitting while having even look at him. But he tried to keep his face as calm as possible so no one would tell he was nervous. It was only a few minutes before the BoA, the former clan leaders and her vampire subordinates. They sat the subordinates in the front row but the clan leaders and BoA kneeled right in front of Mark’s throne with a guards standing behind them.

“Ho I see, now that you have the entire council and Elders by your side you must feel superior.” BoA smiled

Hyun-woo growled, “Who the hell do you think you are talking to the future King like that?!”

Mark raised his hand as to silence Hyun-woo, “It’s fine Hyun-woo, let her speak. This will be her last time anyways.”

BoA paled, “What?”

“You and your clan leaders have been sentence to death.” Mark tried his best to sound as threatening as can be and it must’ve worked since now former clan leaders were begging for mercy. “However I have decided to let Lord Top live a little longer but depending on how he answers my question he may stay alive.”

BoA and the former clan leader gaped at what they heard while Lord Top smiled as he stood, “Of course my prince.” He bowed

“Why did you save me?” Mark asked

“Since the moment I first saw I wanted you.” Lord Top confessed and even including Mark was surprised at his confession. “It truly saddened me to learn that you were my enemy and as a subordinate to the Queen I had to do what she asks. After seeing you survive the sun room I wanted make sure you continued to live so I gave the Queen the idea to let you live as her servant.”

Mark gaped silently, “So when you saved me after the challenge it’s because you-”

“It’s like I said then, I love you.” Lord Top announced

Mark gasped silently again while the rest of the crowd did so loudly. From the corner of his eye, Mark could see Jaebum stand up and Jinyoung and Yugyeom were keeping him from running towards Lord Top. Mark cleared his throat, “Thank you” he said shakily and he looked to Hyun-woo who nodded. “Lord Top I have decided to spare you from the death sentence, however if you chose to betray me you will killed on the spot.”

Lord Top bowed, “I would never betray you, my love.” Again Mark could see Jaebum trying to shift but Jinyoung and the others were preventing him from to. “My prince may I speak?” Lord Top asked and Mark nodded, “I didn’t act alone in saving you, my colleague and friend Lady Jea also conspired with me to save you. So may I ask for you to spare her as well?”

Mark thought for a moment about it; it was felt like he was lying but he was probably trying to save his friend. He was actually considering it but he didn’t want to seem easy. “Lady Jea, stand.” Lady Jea rose and Mark instantly recognized her as the woman who was with Lord Top on both occasions of meeting him. “Is what Lord Top saying true?” Mark asked

Lady Jea was silent for moment and constantly looked to Lord Top, “Yes my prince it is.”

“Why?”

“Lord Top doesn’t fall in love nor does he care for anyone, but yet for you he’s doing both and it’s quite refreshing to see. I wanted to help him save most likely the only person he would ever fall in love with.” Lady Jea explained 

Mark felt his cheeks heat up; did they forget that he had a mate who was probably steaming mad by now. He cleared his throat again, “Alright, Lady Jea I will spare you as well however, Lord Top since you were the one to request for her freedom, she is your responsibility and if she betrays, she will die and you will be held accountable.”

The two bowed, “Yes my prince.” Two guards pulled them to the side leaving the rest to kneel on the floor.

The word ‘traitors’ was heard but it was unclear as to who said it. “Before you are killed, do any of you have any final words?” 

All of them had a blank look on their face, “Eh?” BoA said

“W-Wait a minute are you going to kill us today? Right now?” Kangin stuttered.

Mark nodded, “Why should your deaths be later on? You are guilty of your crimes and in front of all these people who will be your witnesses, you will take responsibility by dying. Today.” As he said this, two other guards carrying a long sheet, placed it in front of them. They sent their questioning gazes towards the young vampire prince. “All night the council and their subordinates have been restoring this castle, it would be awful to dirty it again.” He smiled and everyone in the room shivered from it.

“Remind me to never to piss off Mark.” Jinyoung whispered to Jaebum.

“I think you should make sure I remember that too.” Jaebum muttered back to him.

“So do any of you have anything to say?” Mark asked, looking at BoA and her clan leaders. Mark figured they would begged a little more but seeing their faces look even more despondent than before, they must’ve of given up. “Then, guards bring them up on the sheet.” He commanded

The guards pulled them up by their hairs and dragged to the sheet, placing them side by with BoA at the end. Mark stood up from his seat and his eyes glowed red as he raised his towards the first clan leader. His body turned completely gray and was caked with cracks till his body looked like a weathered statue. The clan leader gasped in horror of his body and before he could make a sound his body crumbled on itself on the sheet. 

Everyone watched in horror; soon their turn would be next. Like a domino effect, the same happened to all the clan leaders. BoA took a deep pained breath. She tried her best seemingly unaffected by what Mark done but in the inside she was terrified by this man. If the cuffs weren’t on him, he could’ve killed her instantly but still he’s going to kill her. She couldn’t beg for mercy knowing it would do nothing. Everyone here wanted her dead.

She casted her eyes on Lord Top and Lady Jea who also looked horrified by the prince did to the former clan leaders. That was almost them but the young prince spared them because they betrayed her. Wait. Did they know his true powers? Did they know he was more powerful than her? Was it all a set up?

“You traitors!” She shrieked at them. The two looked confused by her outburst but Mark was undeterred by it. He was walking down the steps, and BoA almost wanted to beg for him to stay away. Never in her life did she imagine that she would be on her kneels awaiting death. It was usually her doing this to others. Mark finally came up in front of BoA and she gritted her teeth, “Yah what are you waiting for just do it!”

Mark tilted his head, “Are you that ready to die?”

“Of course not but what other choice do I have!” She growled, “Just kill me like you did with my people, you f bast.”

Mark felt a burning anger well inside of him and suddenly he felt himself be put back as his mouth and body move on his own accord. What the hell? “Going out brave.” He squatted down as his eyes glowed red, “However you’re not going out the same as the others.” 

Before BoA could even ask, Mark placed his hands over her heart and it inside her body. BoA and everyone gasped at the sight. BoA groaned slightly as she could feel Mark’s hands twist inside her body. As much as she wanted to scream out, she kept shut, she refused to give anyone the satisfaction of her in pain. 

Mark then grasped her heart, making her gasp and groan and pulled it out of her body. The whole room erupted in screams and many covered their eyes however the few that were brave looked out and expected to see blood but surprisingly there was none and they gasped. BoA looked down thinking she would see a whole in her chest but there was nothing. What was going on? She looked confused at Mark and then looked at her heart which looked different than what she expected. It looked at if it was glass. 

Mark squeezed her heart and she instantly felt unimaginative pain but still she would not scream. He squeezed it even harder and BoA felt back in pain but still no scream left her lips. She wouldn’t let them see her like that. Mark unclenched his hands and BoA gasped in relief. 

“S-So this is what you planned for me to scream? Beg for mercy?” BoA gasped, “Well you can forget!” She spat

Mark stood up as he tilted his head, “Then you can die.” His voice was void of any emotion, it was almost like he wasn’t even himself. He squeezed her heart again but even more so than before. She groaned, biting her lip to keep silent. Her heart started to crack and BoA began to scream. She just couldn’t take it anymore. Mark squeezed even more until her heart has shattered in his hands. BoA screamed one last time as even her body shattered.

No one could say anything. It was a terrorizing sight. Mark blinked and his eyes returned to normal and he gasped silently at what he did. He dropped BoA heart remains and walked back to his throne as if he wasn’t shaken at what he did. Even though he was.

He then cleared his throat, “Let this be an example to others. This is what will happen to you.” Everyone continued to stare in shock at him and Mark was unsure of what else to say, “You may all leave now.”