Chapter 15

Part of Me

Humming, that the same tune he’s been hearing every night for the past two months. But why, Jaebum was his mate so there’s no reason for him to be having this dream. He opened his eyes and instead of a dark face greeting him as always it was the face of the man he had fallen in love with. 

“It is you” Mark whispered. Jaebum smiled down at him, gently touching his cheek. He then leaned into his lips and Mark closed his eyes responding to Jaebum kiss. Jaebum later pulled away and Mark opened his eyes; instead of being on Jaebum lap he found himself back in his rooming staring at Jaebum.

“Oh you’re awake?” Jaebum smiled

Mark nodded, “Um did you just kiss me?”

Jaebum cheeks turned pink, “Just a little, I kinda didn’t think you would notice and I certainly didn’t expect you to kiss me back”

Mark giggled, “I was dreaming that you were kissing me”

Jaebum eyes widened, “Really?”

Mark giggled and nodded, “Did you also hum at any time this morning?”

“Actually I was, I can’t help it but practically every morning when I wake up, I hum” Jaebum admitted

“So all this time I was dreaming of you and hearing you hum? The process of finding mate is definitely weird” Mark realized then he smiled and laid on Jaebum shoulder, “However I’m glad my mate is an amazing man like you”

Jaebum kissed Mark’s forehead and held him to his chest, “I’m glad to have met an amazing person like you” Jaebum smiled, the two then held each other in a tight embrace while Jaebum would his hair. 

After a while Jaebum turned his head to look at his phone and the numbers 8:20 brightly flashed across the screen “Hmm I wonder if the others are awake” he murmured 

Mark shifted in Jaebum arms and stared at the door, “Youngjae and Jinyoung are still sleeping, BamBam and Yugyeom are cuddling with each other, and Jackson staring at his ceiling but it looks like he’s trying to fall back asleep.” 

Jaebum gasped, “You can see through walls?”

“Well yeah but I can’t see like clearly; my eyes sorta turns into one of those thermal imaging cameras.” Mark explained and Jaebum mouth moved to the shape of an ‘o’.

“How about we make some breakfast for the guys?” Jaebum suggested, Mark nodded in agreement, it was the least he could do for them after last night. The two got up and Mark walked over to his bathroom but before he could, Jaebum gave Mark a few quick kisses and then left the room. Mark smiled to himself, happy to see that his mate is just as clingy as he is. 

He then entered in his bathroom and as he stared at himself in the mirror, he noticed his neck filled with bruises. He blushed brightly remembering Jaebum kissing and on his neck; to think all of that made such color marks on his neck. As Mark was admiring them he realized some of the marks were disappearing, he panicked for second before remembering his healing ability. He sighed since he was beginning to like them, the marks felt like a sign to all that he was taken. 

He shrugged and quickly brushed and washed his face; he then walked out to the kitchen where he saw Jaebum pull out ingredients for breakfast.

“So babe, I was thinking we can make some eggs, with kimchi, rice, ramyeon, and pork” Jaebum suggested not even realizing he called Mark ‘babe’

Mark grinned widely at the intimate name, “That’s one hearty breakfast Jaebummie”

“Mkay, you can do the eggs and I’ll do the rest” Jaebum said while opening the kimchi.

“I wanna do the kimchi too” Mark whined while puffing up his cheeks

Jaebum chuckled at his supposed older boyfriend, “Not very prince-like behavior babe” he teased

“Shut up and let me do the kimchi” Mark pouted taking the product from him.

Jaebum laughed, “Fine you handle those three and I’ll do the rice, ramyeon and pork”

“Thank you” Mark smiled while starting to crack the eggs. 

Jaebum rolled his eyes and started making the ramyeon; Sehun then walked into the kitchen and Jaebum jumped when seeing the werewolf, “How the hell did you get in?” He gasped

“What, you don’t think we have a key to this place? I didn’t think anyone was awake so I let myself in.” Sehun shrugged

“You could’ve used your super hearing you boast about” Mark frowned, “You know this is something I expected from Chen, speaking of which where is he?”

“Passed out in our room, by the way I like the new hair color” Sehun smiled

Mark smiled, “Thanks but I have to say I expected more magic”

Sehun chuckled, “You two must’ve been so busy you missed seeing the little display in the sky” Mark gave him a confused look, “The moon turned white and the stars shined brighter than ever before.” 

Mark and Jaebum gasped, “And we missed that?” Mark huffed and turned to Jaebum, “I blame your lips for that”

Jaebum chuckled, “I didn’t see you complaining last night which would’ve been spectacular if your guard didn’t come in.”

Mark blushed, “Hyun-woo didn’t want us to do anything we would regret” 

“That doesn’t make any sense though, I mean I wouldn’t do anything you wouldn’t want me to do” Jaebum scoffed

“Oh trust me Hyun-woo had good reason to stop you guys” Sehun smiled 

“What do you mean?” Jaebum asked

“It’s the first stage after you’ve found your mate, all you can think about is them and that could lead to certain consequence” Sehun said

“What consequences? I mean sure me and Mark-hyung fool would around but we’re mates so isn’t okay?” Jaebum asked

“Um not unless you want a baby” Sehun giggled

Jaebum jaw dropped, “WHAT?!”

Sehun eyes widened, “Oh you didn’t tell him you could get pregnant, Markie?”

Jaebum turned to Mark, “You can get pregnant?!”

Mark blushed, “I’m sorry but we just became mates last night so I didn’t think it was time to bring it up yet”

“B-B-B-But how?!” Jaebum stuttered

“Well homoual mating is common in our world so to make up for that one of the mate’s bodies change to hold a child. In this case, Markie will get pregnant since he is a vampire and have powers so his body will be perfect for the child. If it was you, Jaebum, you would probably die within the first month unless you were turned” Sehun smiled as it was the most casual thing to say.

Jaebum ran his hands through his hair as Mark touched his arm, “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you Jaebum but it’s not like I wasn’t ever going to. I swear” Mark pouted

Jaebum looked at him and sighed, he looked so adorably cute it hard to be angry, “Don’t worry I’m not mad, love, I’m just a little overwhelmed.” Jaebum said and then took a deep breath, “Okay I’m good”

“You see it was a good thing Hyun-woo that interrupted the bonding process” Sehun smirked “Jaebum wouldn’t have known till the deed was done that he could knock you up”

“Wait did you say the bonding process?” Jaebum asked “What the bonding process?” Mark shrugged, Hyun-woo and his other tutors didn’t speak much about mates and the process of them.

“Did Hyun-woo explain nothing?” Sehun sighed, Jaebum and Mark shook their heads. “Okay so the first step is the kiss bonding which basically shows if the two are actually mates and connects you two. The second is the blood bonding, which is basically pact that you two will be together for eternity. To do this Markie will have to drink from Jaebum and then Jaebum will have to drink from Markie, sealing the bond.” 

“I have to drink Mark’s blood?” Jaebum asked shocked

“Yes it’s to ensure you will live as long as Mark” Sehun said

Jaebum eyes widened, “Wait so once I drink Mark’s blood I’m going to be immortal too?”

“You see this is exactly why Hyun-woo interrupted you two, you guys have many things to discuss” Sehun sighed 

Mark nodded to Jaebum question; Sehun was right there was a lot to discuss and now that Jaebum is his mate, he’s now a part of this world, “I guess we were so focused on being mates we didn’t think of anything else.” Mark then turned to Jaebum, “Jaebummie I’m so sorry there’s so much danger and craziness to our world and it wouldn’t be right to bring you to it. Maybe we shouldn’t-”

“Don’t you dare finish that sentence Mark” Jaebum frowned “I’m madly in love with you and I don’t care if we have to face a thousands demons, I don’t want to live my life without you” Jaebum leaned forwards and kissed Mark’s lips gently

“But what about your family, your friends?” Mark asked

Jaebum thought for a moment, “Last night my mind was blown from learning that we aren’t the only species alive, that all the stories and legends are true and that I happen to fall in love with one of them.” Mark looked down thinking of how this conversation would continue and none of them ended well. “And honestly I don’t regret it at all” Mark eyes widened

“During these past two months I have known you, I could say that I’ve never been happier than I am with you and last night when I kissed you I swear I saw our future life together. And I don’t think I can experience that with anyone but you. So if that means spending a thousand years with you then Mark Tuan you’re stuck with me. I know I probably don’t understand what living forever means yet but if its with you then I think I’ll be okay.” Jaebum smiled,

Mark gasped as he could feel his eyes stinging, “How did I get so lucky?” he whispered leaning his forehead on Jaebum chest.

“I’m wondering the same thing love” Jaebum muttered

“Okay now that we’re done with the beautiful confessions” Sehun said interrupting and the two mates honestly forgot he was in the room, “I think I'll come back later and give you a crash course on everything and when Hyun-woo comes back tonight he’ll probably finish it.” Sehun said and then left the kitchen 

Mark sighed, “We should probably finish breakfast” he suggested

“Alright but first I want a kiss from you” Jaebum grinned. Mark giggled, and leaned up while Jaebum leaned down and their lips met in the center before Jaebum decided to deepen the kiss. 

As they were kissing, Mark could hear them moving around, he pulled away and Jaebum gave him a questioning look. Mark smiled and pointed towards the hallways where the boys room was and seconds later Jinyoung came out followed by BamBam and Yugyeom, and then Youngjae with Jackson coming out minutes later.

“Whoa Mark-hyung what happened to your hair?!” Youngjae yelled “Wasn’t it like brown last night?” He asked. The others all gasped at the sight.

Mark smiled and ran through hands through his hair, “Does this mean what I think it means?” Jinyoung smiled

Mark giggled wrapping his arms around Jaebum waist, “Yes Jaebum is my mate”

Youngjae, BamBam and Yugyeom eyes widened even Jackson was a little surprised, he didn’t actually think Jaebum was going to be his mate, “No way! Your hair changed just because you and Jaebum kissed?!” BamBam squealed

“Oh we did more than kiss but yeah” Jaebum grinned smugly while holding onto Mark’s waist. Mark blushed, surprised Jaebum would say something like that.

Jackson gasped, “Markie you gave your ity to Jaebum-hyung already?!”

“Should you of all people be talking Jackson-hyung?” Jinyoung smirked, Jackson glared at the man. After Jinyoung left, Jackson could only assume his behavior was Jinyoung being himself or trying to make him feel better. After all Jinyoung doesn’t actually likes him, right?

Mark’s ears turned red, “No I did not and could you keep it down. I don’t want the whole building to know that I’m a ”

Jaebum laughed at his boyfriend reaction “We were interrupted by Hyun-woo because he didn’t want me to knock up Mark”

Youngjae laughed, “As if you could”

“Actually I just learned that my Mark can actually have a baby” Jaebum smirked

All the boys jaw dropped, “Shut the hell up!” BamBam gasped

“Are you kidding me right now?!” Yugyeom yelled

“Honestly after last night I didn’t think I could be shocked anymore” Jinyoung sighed

“No but seriously Mark-hyung, you can have a baby?” Youngjae asked

“Yeah same mating is natural so if Jaebum knocks me up, my body will change so that my baby can grow like it would if a woman was holding it” Mark explained

Jinyoung looked at Jaebum, “I’m surprised you’re still standing hyung”

Jaebum shrugged, “Honestly there was no reason for me or us to freak out, I mean it’s odd but in the end it’s okay.”

“I’m just trying to wrap my head around this” Jackson sighed rubbing his forehead 

“I think it’s cool too, at least now your parents can have a biological grandchild they always wanted” Jinyoung shrugged “Plus I can’t help but feeling like there’s more surprising news” he guessed.

“How will the baby come out?” Yugyeom asking looking at Mark body

“Trust me you don’t wanna know” Mark grimaced thinking back to his ed class, those pictures were too graphic for a 13 year old, “Especially since we’re about to have breakfast.” He cringed. Mark then waved his hands over the cabinets, opening and plates flew out and landed on the dining table. He tapped the drawer where the utensils were and he also flew out and placed themselves correctly on the table.

“You can move objects with your mind?!” Yugyeom gasped “That’s so cool!”

Mark smiled, “In every vampire movie and show I watched they never had the ability to move stuff with this minds” BamBam wondered

“I’m not a normal vampire BamBam so of course I won’t have the same normal vampire powers” Mark giggled, placing all the food into bowls and putting them on the table

“Okay now that our stuff stopped flying; I noticed that Jaebum-hyung making breakfast for everyone?” Jinyoung questioned, “Who died?” He deadpanned

Jaebum rolled his eyes while Mark laughed. “Haha, no one died. It’s a happy breakfast since Mark and I are mates and I will soon be immortal” Jaebum grinned as he was sat down at the head of the table

Once again, as everyone was pulling out there chair to sit, the five boys jaw dropped, “I should stop assuming that nothing else can surprise me” Jinyoung muttered, “Did you just say you’re going to immortal?”

Jaebum nodded, “There’s a part two in becoming mates with a vampire; Mark has to drink my blood and then I drink his and I’ll be immortal”

“That’s so awesome” BamBam gasped

“No it’s not” Jackson argued “I mean it sounds cool but Jaebum-hyung that means you’ll live forever. Meaning everyone you’ve ever known and loved will be gone, we’ll be gone” he said pointing to the rest of the boys.

Mark looked down and rubbed the empty plate, even though they talked about it earlier he wasn’t sure if Jaebum got the whole gist of becoming immortal, “I know and as sad as it is, nothing will change to the fact that I want to be with Mark forever.” Jaebum smiled 

Jinyoung sighed, “Look I’m all for you guys being together but it just doesn’t seem right. I mean Jaebum-hyung, we all will pass away and you’ll be alone while Mark-hyung will still have people in his life”

Mark shaked his head, “Not true, eventually everyone in my family will pass away too.” He said sadly and Jinyoung tilted his head in confusion,

“What do you mean? Isn’t your family vampires like you?” Youngjae asked before Jinyoung could

“No my entire family are all human, I’m the only one that’s a vampire” Mark said

“But how? Were you turned at a young age?” Yugyeom wondered

“Was it an experiment? Are you adopted?” Jackson added

Mark smiled and shaked his head again, “Nope they are my biological family. Trust me even if I were to take those DNA blood test they would all point to them”

“Then how?” BamBam asked and even Jaebum was curious at this point.

“Let’s eat breakfast when Sehun come by later everything will be explained” Mark promised