Chapter 18

Part of Me

Although Hyun-woo words shocked them, they knew he was right and they were going to try to get some semblance of normalcy in their lives again. 

“Guys don’t take Hyun-woo words to heart too hard” Mark began and Hyun-woo raised an eyebrow, “You should obviously just be careful from now on but at the same time don’t make this ruin your lives.”

Jaebum draped his arm around Mark’s neck, “Mark's right, we should be fine and everything should appear normal as long as we don’t do anything reckless and stay under the eyes of Mark’s bodyguards” he agreed and the other boys nodded. Their hyungs were right, they have nothing to fear as long as they don’t do anything crazy.

“Yes and before we leave, our only advice is to stay away from dark corners and of course to beware of strangers. The Queen vampires use different tactics to get their victims, lately we’ve been sensing that they've stop killing their targets but they do drain them of majority of their blood.” Hyun-woo warned before getting up and leaving with Chen and Sehun.

“So, not so different than what human creeps do to get their targets.” BamBam shrugged, Yugyeom frowned at his boyfriend, “What? Isn’t it true?”

“Where do they go?” Youngjae wondered once the three supernaturals left the room.

“They patrol the campus while the other guards patrol the surrounding areas around the campus, JYP university is literally the safest place ever from the Queen vampires” Mark answered

“Won’t she know? I mean, wouldn’t they sense all the supernaturals around?” Jinyoung asked

“Not at all, like Hyun-woo said before, South Korea is a supernatural hotspot, thousands live here and in this school alone there are hundreds of supernaturals studying here. The Queen wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.” Mark smiled

“No wonder the council let you come here.” Jackson smirked

“Well it wasn’t like they had a choice, they promised I could leave for college but they never restricted me from any certain countries.” Mark replied

“Isn’t that strange?” Jinyoung began, “I mean it’s obvious they don’t want you here in South Korea because of the Vampire Queen so shouldn’t this country be banned from you till you were ready to take over?” He asked

Mark thought about it and realized Jinyoung was right, why wasn’t South Korea banned from him? “Maybe because he’s the rightful heir so it’s useless banning it from him?” Yugyeom suggested
“Or maybe we decided to let our beautiful little prince do what he likes for once” a voice purred, scaring everyone except for Mark.

The boys looked up and saw a beautiful woman with long black hair wearing a y red dress leaning against the couch, “Queen HyunA!” Mark smiled getting up to go hug the succubus. Queen HyunA smiled hugging the young vampire.

“Um Mark-hyung who is that?” BamBam asked with wide eyes.

Mark pulled slightly away, “Oh I’m sorry, guys this is Queen HyunA of the succubi” he answered

“Succubi? What’s a succubi?” Youngjae asked tilting his head in confusion, the other’s shrugged unsure of what a succubi was.

“Do you know what an incubus is?” Mark asked and the boys nodded, “A succubi is the female version of an incubus.”The boys mouth opened their mouth in the shape of an ‘o’. “What brings you here?” He asked turning to the succubus.

Queen HyunA smiled caressing Mark cheek, “I wanted to check on you, my sweet. I was so worried since Hyun-woo hasn’t reported back to us in a while.” She leaned down and kissed his cheek, “But I see you’re doing well; you’re so lucky to be living with six other handsome men.” She turned to the six and winked at them.

“Sorry Queen HyunA, everyone here except for Youngjae is in a relationship with each other” Mark smirked making Youngjae frown at being the only single in the room.

“Oh does that mean what I think it means?” Queen HyunA smiled

“Yeah I found my mate” Mark smiled and pointed to Jaebum. Jaebum wasn’t sure what to do in this situation but bow to the Queen.

“Oh my, what a handsome mate he is, you’re so lucky” Queen HyunA grinned, “I can’t wait to tell the council this!” She wrapped her arms around Mark waist and kissed his cheeks a couple more times making Mark giggle. Jaebum clenched his jaw, he didn’t appreciate seeing someone else kiss his boyfriend like that.

“Um excuse you, Your Majesty, but could you let go of my mate?” Jaebum asked politely, although he was pissed he wasn’t going to be rude to a supernatural Queen. 

Queen HyunA smiled and pulled slightly away, “Aww your mate is so cute when he’s jealous.” 

Mark pouted to Jaebum, “Jaebummie please forgive Queen HyunA, succubi’s are very touchy and as you can see she likes to kiss. It’s not something she can help, I think.” He explained

“However I find it odd because she never kisses the other kings or clan leaders” Hyun-woo sighed as he entered in the living room scaring the boys again.

“Oh my god, is our home that easy to access?!” Jackson yelled

“Also could you guys announced yourselves, I’m getting tired of these mini heart attacks” BamBam sighed

“Hyun-woo when did you get here?” Queen HyunA smiled 

“I should be asking you that. Imagine my surprise sensing a supernatural in the Prince midst.” Hyun-woo glared, “You know you should not be here” he frowned

Queen HyunA pouted, “But Hyun-woo, you haven’t reported to us and I miss seeing my honey cute face. It’s been such a long time and I swear he gets more handsome every time I see him” she smirked while her hand slipped underneath Mark’s shirt making Jaebum clench his fist and he stood up.

“Your Majesty I won’t ask again, please let go of my mate” Jaebum growled out barring his teeth to the Queen.

Hyun-woo frowned at Jaebum, “Excuse you Jaebum-ssi, I understand that you’re upset about Queen HyunA touching Prince Mark but that doesn’t mean you can be rude to her.”

Queen HyunA giggled, “It’s quite alright, after all, all werewolves are possessive of their mates. It’s so y.”

“Werewolves? Jaebum isn’t a werewolf” Mark said looking up and down at Jaebum, and even Jaebum looked at his own body.

Hyun-woo chuckled, “Queen HyunA, I think it’s been awhile since you’ve been already humans because Jaebum-ssi isn’t a werewolf.”

Queen HyunA frowned and walked over to Jaebum and sniffed him, “No I’m right he’s a werewolf, it’s just very light.” Queen HyunA touched Jaebum chest and felt a necklace and lifted it up from under his shirt revealing a white pendent, “And here is the reason why”

Jaebum pulled away from her, “Don’t touch that” he frowned

“Where did you get that necklace from, Jaebum-ssi?” Hyun-woo asked

“My father gave it to me when I was younger and told me to never remove it.” Jaebum explained clutching the necklace.

“You don’t have to take it off but at least can you show us the necklace?” Queen HyunA asked yet Jaebum felt hesitant showing it to her.

Mark walked over and touched Jaebum shoulder, “Jaebum don’t you want to know the truth?” He asked pouting.

Jaebum sighed, he could never resist Mark’s pouting, “Oh alright” he sighed and showed the necklace to Hyun-woo and Queen HyunA.

“A silver pendent” Hyun-woo muttered

“Wait silver? I thought werewolves were allergic to silver?” Yugyeom asked

“Yes they are but this necklace, only has small amounts of silver which prohibits a werewolf from ever changing into their other form as well as eliminating their scent. That’s probably why Prince Mark and Hyun-woo can’t smell it, I bet even Sehun and Chen couldn’t smell his scent.” Queen HyunA smirked.

Jaebum gasped along with everyone in the room, “So I’m a werewolf?” He fell down on his knees from the shock.

“Holy crap” Jackson muttered rubbing his forehead.

“Well this is last thing I ever expected” Youngjae gasped

Mark and Jinyoung kneeled at Jaebum side, trying to coax him out of the shock, “Queen HyunA are you sure?” Jinyoung asked

“Trust me I can smell the difference between a human and a werewolf and this guy” Queen HyunA said pointing to Jaebum, “Is definitely a werewolf”

“I-I can’t be, my parents would tell me if I were.” Jaebum whispered

“Queen HyunA that’s impossible, he doesn’t seem to have the same abilities as a werewolf” Mark frowned to the Queen.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if his parents played a part in that as well.” Queen HyunA shrugged

Mark turned back to Jaebum, rubbing his back, “It will be okay Jaebummie” he whispered in his ears.

“That’s easy for you to say; you knew what you were” Jaebum hissed, “Now finding out I’m so freak of nature after finding out my boyfriend is a vampire prince. It’s-it’s just too much!” he growled and got up immediately running to his room. 

Mark stood up to go after him but Jinyoung pulled him back, “Mark-hyung give him some space.” He advised

“But he’s my mate and he’s hurting, I have to help him” Mark frowned

“I understand that but right now he needs some space, it’s been a mentally exhausting day. Jaebum-hyung brain is probably exploding with all the information he’s gathering since last night and now he’s finding out that he’s not even human? You can’t expect him to be okay with everything. Everyone has their limits and this is Jaebum-hyung.” Jinyoung sighed

Mark hung his head, “It’s all my fault, he wouldn’t be like this if I wasn’t here” he whined playing with the hem of his shirt.

“That’s partially true but if Queen HyunA is right and Jaebum-hyung really is a werewolf then the rest of the blame falls on his family for not telling him.” Jinyoung said truthfully.

“Why didn’t his parents say anything before?” BamBam wondered

“Probably to keep him safe from Hunter’s, as long as he wears that necklace no one can ever tell that he wasn’t human.” Hyun-woo suggested

“Your Majesty how did you know?” Yugyeom asked to Queen HyunA

Queen HyunA smiled, “I’m a demon and our sense’s are much different then other supernaturals but as much I want to brag to say how much better us succubi’s are compared to others; the older werewolves and supernaturals could probably smell Jaebum scent or you would’ve had to recognize it before-hand to know the difference.”

“I have to say this is the craziest weekend we ever had and we didn’t even have to go to another person house or get drunk” Jackson scoffed leaning his head back on the foot of the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaebum sat on the floor of his bedroom hanging his head between his legs; Nora rubbed her head on his thigh but he barely registered the feeling. All he could think of was what he learned a few minutes ago. I’m not human. Those three words ran though his head constantly. He just couldn’t believe it. All this time he thought, no, he believe that he was human; that he was normal.

God, everything was changing too fast. First he saw almost his best friend get hurt, then his crush turn a vampire to dust, learned his crush is vampire prince, learned he and his boyfriend were mates and could start a family easily and that he would become immortal and now he’s a freakin’ werewolf. All that in practically 24 hours. That’s too much information in such a small time frame. He wanted to take out his phone and call his parents but honestly it would be better if they talked face-to-face. 

After a while he heard a knock on the door, he lifted his head up to see Mark entering in the room and closing the door behind himself. Odd and Kunta moved from wherever they were and walked over to Mark, meowing for his attention. He gave them quick pet on the head before turning back to Jaebum.

“Jaebum?” Mark said softly but Jaebum didn’t say anything, Mark took a deep breath and sat next to Jaebum on the floor, “Jaebum I’m so sorry” he whispered looking at his hands.

“For what?” Jaebum wondered

“If I hadn’t come here, if I didn’t intrude in you guys lives then none of this would be happening.” Mark explained

Jaebum shaked his head, “Baby none of this is your fault. The attack wasn’t caused by you, it was completely random and would’ve happened to anyone who passed by that area. It’s only caused we choose to walk, that it happened to BamBam and that attack led to where we are now. Maybe if the attack didn’t happen, maybe it would be easier to accept everything.” He sighed

Mark leaned his head on Jaebum shoulder, his words eased his guilt but he still couldn’t help but feel responsible. “Are you sure? I would understand if you even if you choose to end this relationship.”

Jaebum took Mark hand and kissed it, “Trust me baby, I still want to be mates with you and I don’t ever want you to leave me.” He said kissing his hand again. “I’m sorry for that and I’m not calling all supernaturals freaks, I was just-”

“Having a mental breakdown” Mark added

“I suppose I was.” Jaebum snorted

“You’re not a freak, love. You’re just different.” Mark said kissing Jaebum shoulder.

“Where did you hear that from?” Jaebum chuckled

“My mom told me that” Mark said and Jaebum immediately felt bad, “When I was younger I didn’t understand why I had to stay home while my siblings could go out and play. Then my parents told me that I was vampire well I didn’t exactly take it well. I thought I was freak, a monster and the movies that I watched about vampires didn’t exactly make me feel better. Of course neither did Hyun-woo” Mark scoffed 

“So how did you get over it?” Jaebum asked

“My parents helped me through it as well as the werewolves, I wish I could say the vampires as well but they’re kinda afraid of me because of Hyun-woo” Mark shrugged

“Yeah but my parents are the reason I’m feeling like this, why didn’t they tell me I’m a werewolf?” Jaebum asked

“Well the number one thing that comes to my head is that it was for your protection. Until I take over throne and attempt to talk to the leader of the Hunter’s, they will continue to attack all supernaturals. I’m sure your parents were just trying to give you a normal life, one where you wouldn’t have to worry about looking over your shoulder.” Mark explained

“But at least I would know who I am, Mark” Jaebum sighed

“Would knowing that you are a werewolf change how you are?” Mark asked him, “You’re still Im Jaebum but now you’re even more different than the average person, you’re a gay college student who’s a werewolf with a vampire boyfriend and has human friends” he smirked

Jaebum chuckled, “I suppose you’re right, now I don’t think I can even be mad at them”

“I mean I don’t blame you but you have to understand they did it because they loved you” Mark smiled

Jaebum turned and looked into Mark’s eyes, “I’m so lucky to have you in my life” he smiled and he leaned down and kissed his sweet pink lips, “Tomorrow” he began as he pulled away, “I’m going back home to talk to my parents and I want you to come with me.”

Mark’s eyes widened, “You want me to meet your parents?”

Jaebum nodded, “There’s a lot that needs to be discussed with my family but at the same time, I want them to meet you.” Mark heart raced at the thought, “I know it’s really soon especially since we got together last night but since we’re mates, isn’t best we do it now?”

Mark bit his bottom lips and sat quiet for a couple of minutes and Jaebum started to worry that maybe Mark was against meeting his parents, “Okay I’ll come with you to meet your parents” he smiled but seconds later his smile dropped, “Do you think they’ll like me?” 

Jaebum furrowed his brow, “What’s not to like, baby? You’re an amazingly sweet person and I see no reason why my parents shouldn’t like you.” 

Mark smiled, leaning into Jaebum shoulder, “Thanks Bummie. I’m gonna go back to the living room.” Jaebum nodded as Mark got up and left the room to enter in the living room.

“How is he?” Jinyoung asked as he saw Mark coming back.

“He’s slowly adjusting to it but he wants to talk to his parents to make sure it’s true, so tomorrow the two of us are going to see his parents.” Mark replied

“I figured that as much” Jinyoung sighed crossing his arms.

“Wow you’re already gonna met his parents?” Youngjae asked in surprise.

“Is that wrong?” Queen HyunA asked in confusion.

“Well for us humans it kinda unnatural.” Jackson explained, “Normally it’s not until the second to fourth month that you start meeting each other parents”

“Ah right, humans take this kinda things much slower than we supernaturals do” Queen HyunA smirked

“Forgive us for not being able to sniff out or dream about our soulmate” Jinyoung deadpanned making the four humans grimace thinking the Queen might be peeved over Jinyoung rudeness but they were surprise to find that she was actually laughing.

“You’re right about that” Queen HyunA laughed, “Now I better be going before the council realizes I left to come here”

“Oh will you get in trouble?” Mark asked concerned

“Not really, the council would only be upset because they’re jealous.” Queen HyunA smirked

Mark tilted his head cutely, “Jealous? Over what?”

Queen HyunA giggled, “Oh nothing you have to worry over, my sweet. Take of yourself especially soon when you start training again.”

“Yeah I keep hearing that but please tell me Hyun-woo isn’t training me” Mark whispered to Queen HyunA but Hyun-woo still heard him yet said nothing.

“Aww sweetie, Hyun-woo was a good teacher for you.” Queen HyunA smirked and Mark sighed because it was true but Hyun-woo was too strict, “I believe your teachers would be the same as before but probably more rigorous than before.”

Mark’s eyes widened, “What? Why?”

“Sweetie now that you are in the Queen BoA territory it’s only best that you get stronger should the situation ever arise that you met her or her people. They are powerful vampires and you’re abilities are not strong or stable enough to fight them.” Queen HyunA stated. Mark sighed, he knew she was right, one day he will take the throne from Queen BoA and obviously she will not back down without fighting. Getting stronger is the only way to defeat her.