Chapter 22

Part of Me

The week went into the next and it was relatively normal for everyone, there were no signs of Lord Top but that was due to him not knowing where Mark was. Jaebum tried his best to calm the wolf but even he was starting to understand why Mark was hesitant towards him taking off the necklace; the wolf was strong. However he wanted to keep his promise to Mark to stay by his side no matter what and no wolf will stop him from that.

By Friday, Hyun-woo revealed that the training center was finally finished. The building was only a twenty minute walk or a 10 minute drive, from the school itself. However it seemed as if the contraction of the building was being by people other than the council.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A muscular man speedily walking through the hallway barged into an office where the leader of the Hunters and his second in command where talking, “Taecyeon-hyung, Jun K-hyung, we’ve been monitoring that building Nickhun-hyung pointed out and scanning it, we hit a massive spike of magical power coming from that building before it disappeared.” Wonho panted showing Taecyeon the photos and reports.

Taecyeon looked through the papers, “Most likely a witch or elves put up a barrier to block any magic from coming out which is why the spiked dropped. But what could they possibly be doing that would set off a 15 on the scale?”

“Definitely something evil, we should storm that building and kill all the supernaturals before they start their plan” Wonho demanded, hitting the desk with his fist.

Jun K. put his hands out and snorted, “Slow your roll, Wonho. We don’t know what’s going on and storming in blind would be fatal.”

“Jun K is right. For now, just continue to observe the building and for any spikes in magic and if something big happens then we will step in but not before hand. Take Jooheon, Hyunjin, and Hani with you.” Taecyeon stated

Wonho rolled his eyes, “Fine” and walked out closing the door behind him.

Taecyeon shaked his head, laughing, “Where do you find these young recruits Jun K.?”

“Yah don’t blame me, Nickhun is in charge of finding them, I’m just in charge of field operations. Plus aren’t you the one that approves of them, leader?” Jun K. grinned to Taecyeon.

Taecyeon smiled while shoving Jun K. away, “Shut up, I swear all these kids want to do is kill all supernaturals.”

“Can’t blame them, most of them had family members or loved ones that were killed by supernaturals” Jun K sighed

Taecyeon his teeth, “Yah, I know that better than anyone but that doesn’t mean all supernaturals are evil.”

Jun K. nodded his head, “Perhaps they would understand if we told them about the Treaty that was suppose to happen.”

“Do you think they would believe us? There are so many rogue supernaturals along with the Vampire kingdom. It would seem as an excuse if we told them that besides it’s not as if the council will trust us. Many Hunters have killed innocent supernaturals because they don’t know the difference between good and evil.” Taecyeon sighed

“Yes but you do, if it wasn’t for that journal that was left by Hunter Leader Kim Tae-woo 2,000 years, you would be just as crazy trying to purge the world from all supernaturals like your father.”

“So what should we do? An evil Queen is ruling the Vampires and the council is both afraid and hates us. We have no way into talking to someone in the supernatural world and perhaps having a chance to co-exist with supernaturals.”

“Well we’ll figure out something but meanwhile we should calm our own people. We can’t co-exist if the rest of the Hunter fraction wants to kill all supernaturals.”

Taecyeon hummed, “I’ll figure out something.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the building now finished, Hyun-woo was creating a schedule for days for Mark to train but also have enough time to study and do his school work. It was Chen who realized that the moon would be full that weekend and Mark heart raced as wasn’t prepared for Jaebum first transformation.

Sehun advised Jaebum to wait till Saturday night to do the change as it was the night the full moon would be at it’s height of power over Jaebum. Mark was thankful to Sehun as it gave him another day to spend with Jaebum and although he knew he couldn’t convince him anymore to not go through with it; he could at least show his support.

Mark was in Jaebum room, laying his head on his chest as Jaebum gently his back. “Is it strange that I can hear your heart beating?” Jaebum asked speaking for the first time since Mark laid on him.

“No, werewolves have superior hearing and you’re tapping more into the wolf abilities.” Mark answered quietly.

“Your heart is racing, why?” Jaebum wondered and Mark was silent for a moment.

“I’m scared” Mark mumbled but Jaebum heard him, “I know we talked about this but I’m still scared that bad will happen to you.”

“Baby nothing will happen, I promised you that I’ll come back and I will. I will stand by your stand as I am now.” Jaebum said kissing Mark’s temple

Mark lifted his head as he straddling Jaebum waist, he placed his flat palms on his chest and looked down at his mate, “You better come back to me Im Jaebum because if you don’t, I’ll never forgive you and I’ll never let you touch me.” he threatened. 

Jaebum smirked up to him, “Well we can’t have that” he pulled Mark down and kissed him passionately, Mark happily submitted to the kiss, letting Jaebum tongue dominate his. Jaebum hands roamed down Mark’s back before reaching his a and giving them a light squeeze that had Mark moaned quietly. Jaebum pulled his body down to his crotch and started grinding against him.

Mark gasped at the first touch; they’ve haven’t gone as far kissing and Jaebum weird need to mark his skin. He knew they couldn’t go too far with him winding up pregnant but at the moment all he wanted was more of Jaebum.

Jaebum growled into their heated kiss as he grinded against Mark harder and Mark moaned against Jaebum lips. Through his lusted haze, Jaebum realized that they had to stop or else he would do something he would regret.

Jaebum pulled away and Mark followed his lips, he chuckled, “Sorry baby but we have to stop” Mark groaned and tried to capture his lips again but Jaebum pushed him back, “Baby” he warned

Mark sat up and huffed, “I know that Bummie, but I just wanted-“ he stopped and felt his cheeks heat up.

“Wanted what baby?” Jaebum asked as he rubbed Mark thigh.

“You” he said quietly while looking down at Jaebum chest.

At first Jaebum was unsure of what he meant till it hit him, “Ooooohh” he said as he sat up and fixed Mark as he straddled him, “Getting a little impatient, are we?”

Mark pouted while a pink dusting coated his cheeks, “You can’t blame me. I haven’t done something like this before and now that I have a mate and instead of going farther we stop right as it’s getting good.”

Jaebum chuckled, “Aww Mark” he gave Mark a couple quick kisses, “Have you forgotten that we’ve only been together for almost two weeks? I know we’re mates and all but it’s best if we wait before going further in our relationship. We shouldn’t let our lust take over our minds just like you don’t want the wolf to control me.”

Mark sighed, “Okay” and wrapped his arms around Jaebum neck, “But it’s kinda hard to control myself. I don’t know how you’re able to it”

Jaebum laughed, “Trust me, it’s getting harder and harder everyday.” He pulled back and looked Mark in the eye, “You have no idea how irresistible you are baby. I just want to eat you up”he growled

Mark eyes widened and he pulled slightly away, “Um what?” He snorted

Jaebum smiled, “Just kidding love”

Mark hit his shoulder, “Don’t do that, you jerk. I almost had a heart attack”

Jaebum laughed, “Thought the wolf had come out?”

“Well you already like biting and marking me, it would surprise me if you actually try to eat me” Mark shrugged

“Trust me baby if I eat it you, it’s not in the way you think.” Jaebum said lowly while kissing his neck. 

Mark moaned pulling away from Jaebum teasing lips, “I hate you” Mark said with no bite and Jaebum chuckled before capturing his mate lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lady Jea could recollect on the few times she had been frightened but seeing Lord Top pissed off beyond belief took the cake. “C-C-Calm d-down S-Seung-hyun, I understand that you’re upset but you don’t have the bring the whole country with you.”

Lord Top turned his red eyed glare at her and she felt her body shake in fear, “Upset, Lady Jea? I’m not upset” he said calmly, “I’m passed upset. I am outraged!” He growled, smashing the antenna on some poor soul roof. “We have been coming here every night for almost the past two weeks and yet there is no sign of Mark!”

“Maybe it wasn’t his home but someone else’s. Perhaps they were visiting a friend or even sleeping over a friend’s house” Lady Jea suggested trying to appease Lord Top.

“You mean to say we’ve been stalking the wrong place this whole time?!” Lord Top hissed

Lady Jea frowned, slightly tired of being yelled at, “Don’t blame me, I was following you the first time we came here and don’t forget that we had to leave before the sun rose meaning we missed seeing where he actually lives”

Lord Top screamed, “I don’t believe this! We lost him!” He punched the door on the rooftop, bending it. He kicked and screamed before tiring himself out and falling to his knees.

Lady Jea felt herself softening for him, even if he hasn’t admitted it, anyone with eyes can see that Lord Top was falling for the human male named Mark. It was strange how Lord Top was so captured by that first meeting but Mark was all Lord Top could think about.

“Don’t lose hope, Seung-hyun. We’ll find him again” Lady Jea said

“But how?” He said softly

“You must’ve gotten a scent of him, right?” Lady Jea asked and Lord Top nodded, “Alright then, every night we’ll search around for him. I’ll even have my lovers keep an eye out for him”

Lord Top narrowed his eyes, “Why are you helping me?”

“It’s rare for us vampires to actually find our mates and you happen to find your as you were looking for dinner. It will be a celebration when you two finally get together and mate.” Lady Jea grinned.

Lord Top rolled his eyes, for days she has been calling Mark his mate when it anything but. He was just an attractive man he wants to taste and forget about. At that he recalled Lady Jea statement and became confused by it. Lord Top tilted his head as he asked, “I didn’t know you found a mate?”

“I haven’t yet.” Lady Jea smiled but Lord Top could tell that the smile was fake. 

“Perhaps one day you will” Lord Top sighed and Lady Jea smiled in hope that one day she will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moon was slowly rising, boldly telling Mark it was time. Mark took a deep breath as he walked towards the training center with Jaebum next to him and Hyun-woo Chen and Sehun behind him. The rest of the boys wanted to come but Hyun-woo made them stay; it was better that way just in case something were to happen. 

From the outside of the building, one would think that it was normal looking two-leveled building. Although it didn’t state as to what it was, it wasn’t standing out from the rest of the buildings surrounding it. However as one entered in, it was obvious that something was off about the building. The lobby had multiple supernatural guards standing around with a large reception-like desk off by the wall.

The guards turned their sights on Mark and bowed. One of the female guards stepped forward, “Prince Mark and company, please follow me” she bowed before walking down one of the hallways. After a few minutes she opened a door and motioned for them to go inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wonho, Jooheon, Hyunjin, and Hani stood on a adjacent rooftop from the training center watching for any anomalies when Hyunjin sighed, “Hyung can we leave now? It’s getting dark and nothing seems to be happening”

“Not yet, I know something big is gonna happen tonight, I can feel it in my gut” Wonho frowned

“Are you sure that’s not your stomach telling you you’re hungry?” Hani joked

“Yah-” Wonho began

“Wait a minute” Jooheon interrupted “a few people are going inside” he said while looking through his binoculars.

“What?” Wonho gasped and he grabbed his own and looked at the scene. He bent down to his duffel bag and took out a scanner. Looking through at the scanner he gasped at what he saw, “Those two humans are being led to that building by two werewolves and one vampire”

“Werewolves and vampires are working together?” Jooheon asked, “Along with possible witches and elves. What the hell is going on?”

“I don’t know” Wonho frowned

“We have to call Taecyeon-hyung about this” Hyunjin said as he took his phone and pressed Taecyeon contact number. Once the call went through he pressed speaker for everyone to hear.

“What is it, Hyunjin?” Taecyeon sighed

“Hyung, Wonho-hyung spotted two werewolves and one vampires taking two possible human hostages inside the building” Hyunjin reported

“It’s not possible, they are definitely hostages.” Wonho corrected

“Hmm, continue to monitor the situation. I will be there shortly” Taecyeon said

“But hyung, they could be killed if we don’t save them” Wonho frowned

“Don’t even think about it Wonho; just wait till I get there. Understand?” Taecyeon replied and everyone replied ‘yes sir’, “Good, see you soon” and he ended the call.

Wonho growled as he kicked his bag, “Wonho relax, we don’t know what’s happening and it will be smart to listen to Taecyeon-hyung” Hani sighed

“Fine but at the first sign of danger I’m going in there” Wonho warned

~~~~~~~

Taecyeon packed his bag with a few weapons and Nickhun and Jun K. walked in to see him zipping up his bag, “Where are you going?” Jun K asked

“The observation team think they saw werewolves and a vampire taking two hostages to that building you saw. I have to go before they do something stupid” Taecyeon sighed 

“Alright then we’re coming with you, you might need back up just in case you wrong” Nickhun smirked

Taecyeon frowned, “I’m never wrong”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside was a observation room with a glass wall looking down at a white room. In the observation room where a few people who Mark could already smell were a mixture of vampires and werewolves. The vampires sat with a control panel in front of them while the werewolves were instructing them.

“Alright Jaebum it’s time” Hyun-woo said, “Follow Sehun and Chen and change into a more appropriate clothing.”

Jaebum gave a confused look, “Your clothes will spread as you change into wolf so it’s better to use the clothes we provide will help when you change back and aren’t completely .” Sehun explained

“Besides I’m sure that sight is for Markie alone” Chen joked and Jaebum snorted while Mark blushed.

Before Jaebum left, Mark gave him a hug, “Don’t forget your promise” he muttered

Jaebum kissed his temple, “I won’t baby” he smiled and left with Sehun.

Minutes later Jaebum entered in the white room, shirtless wearing only black pants along with Sehun and Chen. Two more werewolves entered in white room as well, “Are you ready, Jaebum?” Sehun asked

Jaebum took a deep breath, “Yes” he said

“Okay Jaebum take off pendent” Chen commanded and he and the other two werewolves stood at a stance.

Jaebum looked down at the silver pendent before closing his eyes and ripping it off his neck. He waited a moment for something to happen. Nothing did. He looked to Chen who motioned for him to be patient. Sehun then looked up towards the observation room and nodded, one of the vampires turned a dial and the roof of the white room opened up revealing the clear night sky and the shining silver moon standing above.

Jaebum looked up at moon and felt a burning sensation within him, he groaned as he felt hotter and suddenly let out a scream before it changed into a howl. Dark brown hair started to sprout from every inch of his body, his hands were slowly morphing into sharp clawed hands. He fell down to his knees and screamed and his eyes turned into a glowing yellow orb.

Mark whimpered as he heard Jaebum bones snap and pop as his body reshape and shifted to form into the beast. He grew taller and shoulders became broader than it was before. Blood along with some other slime like substance oozed out from his snapping joints. His skin shred and stretched no longer looking like anything human but monstrous. His face contorted and soon the face of his mate became of that of a wolf. 

Jaebum screamed once more as if it was his last shout of humanity before another howl emerged from him and then he growled barring his newly sharp fangs. The transformation was complete and Jaebum was now a werewolf. The only question was: was he still Jaebum or had the beast taken over?

Sehun cautiously stepped forward to Jaebum, “Jaebum are you there?” And he looked questioningly to Chen, who shrugged.

The wolf growled, “Im Jaebum is not here, only me” Mark gasped.

“And you are?” Sehun asked

“As if I’ll tell you my true name!” The wolf hissed, “For as long I have been contained in that weak pitiful human form and I will not be held down any longer!” The wolf launched himself towards Sehun and he dropped and kick him upwards to the wall. The wolf quickly picked itself and roared, “I will kill you!”

“Jaebum no!” Mark yelled hitting the glass as he watched his guards and mate fight each other.