Chapter 23

Part of Me

While waiting for Taecyeon to come, Wonho had Hani and Hyunjin set up the listening device to see if they could listen in but it was quite tough with the barrier in place, the two had to find the right frequency in order to be able to listen inside.

Hani gasped as she finally heard something, “Guys listen” she said and Hyunjin, Wonho and Jooheon listened. They heard howling and screaming but due to the static there were breaks in between. They then heard a deep voice say ‘I will kill you!’ before another one scream ‘NO!’.

“Holy crap” Hyunjin gasped, “What’s happening in there?”

“They’re killing the hostages! We have to go and save them!” Wonho yelled as he went to his bag and took out a gun filling it with silver bullets.

Jooheon pulled him back, “Wait, Taecyeon-hyung said-” 

“We can’t wait! People are dying and every moment we wait, is another moment wasted on saving those people.” Wonho yelled

Hani took out her phone and dialed for Taecyeon-hyung, “Hyung” she said when he finally picked up, “We picked up on werewolf howls and human screams and we believe the hostages are being killed”

“What?! Okay just wait for me-”

“Sorry hyung but people are dying.” Hani sighed as she took out her gun and hung up.

Jooheon and Hyunjin looked at their members but realized they were right and got out their weapons as well, “Alright, we’re moving in!” Wonho said and lead the three out.

Taecyeon groaned as he looked at his phone, “Stupid kids”

“What’s wrong?” Nickhun asked looking at Taecyeon for a second before turning his attention back to the road.

“The kids heard howling and screams and are heading inside the building” Taecyeon sighed

Jun K gasped, “Idiots they don’t know if there’re any guards at the entrance”

“Exactly, we have to hurry” Taecyeon frowned, “Nic, step on it” and Nickhun nodded driving faster than before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone could only watch as the wolf had taken out the two guards and was currently fighting Sehun and Chen.

“The wolf is slowly taking over Jaebum mind” Hyun-woo frowned

“We have to help him” Mark said before running off to go down the white room.

“Prince Mark no!” Hyun-woo yelled out but Mark was already gone, “Call the rest of the guards, have them come in here” he commanded and the vampires did as he asked.

By the time he gotten to the room, the wolf had defeated Chen and looked as if he was about to claw at Sehun, “JAEBUM!!” Mark yelled, stopping the wolf.

The wolf turned and growled at him, “He is not here, only I am”

“Yes I see you but I know that Jaebum is there as well. So please let him come out” Mark begged

“So he can take back control? Never” he hissed and stalked his away towards Mark but he didn’t backed away, he stood his ground, “Are you not afraid of me, vampire?”

“Why would I be scared of my own mate?” Mark questioned

“You are bold but at the same time, stupid!” The wolf pounced on Mark, dropping him down to the floor. He opened up his wide mouth to eat him but stop midway, “What the hell?”

Mark gasped as he looked up, “Jaebum, Jaebum is that you?”

The wolf shaked his head, “No no no NO! I won’t let you out!”

“Jaebum fight him! This is your body, you have to fight him!” Mark yelled out

The wolf stomped his paw by Mark head, “Shut up!”

Mark grabbed the wolf head and forced him to looked at him, “Baby you promised me you would come back so better take control of your body!”

The wolf pulled away from Mark’s grasped and shaked his head continuously. He then gave out a human scream before howling and dropping to the floor. Mark ran over to him, “Prince Mark be careful!” Hyun-woo said as he entered in the white room and the guards walked over to check on Sehun, Chen and the other guards laying on the floor.

“He won’t hurt me, Hyun-woo” Mark sighed and Hyun-woo could only raise an eyebrow as he looked at guards that were injured.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaebum opened his eyes and in front of him was a large brown wolf with piercing yellow eyes, “You’re the wolf” he muttered

“My how observant you are” the wolf deadpanned

“Do you have a name?” Jaebum wondered

The wolf stared at Jaebum for a moment before he finally answered, “You can call me Def”

Jaebum nodded before he spoke again, “Why are you attacking everyone?”

“I do as I please” the wolf simply answered

“So you would attack your own kind?!”

“They are not my pack! I owe them no allegiance!” The wolf growled

“Then what about Mark? Isn’t he our mate?!”

The wolf growled lowly, “He was in the way”

“So that justifies attacking him?! I thought wolves were obedient to their mates?”

“I will not bow to no damn vampire!”

“That damn vampire is your mate!”

Def growled, “What does it matter? He doesn’t care for me”

Jaebum shaked his head, “That’s not true”

“It is, why else would he not want for us to morph?”

“He was worried that you might get out of control and lead us to our deaths; but trust me when I say that we cares for us. The both of us”

Def looked hesitantly at Jaebum, “So what? I just have to stay back and let you take control forever?”

“No the two of us will act as one, after all we do share this body.” Jaebum smirked

Def hummed, “Alright but I ask that for now till we morph back let me take lead. I want to see and feel more of this world”

Jaebum thought about it, “Alright but if you lose control, don’t think I will stay back and watch”

“I promise I won’t, you have my word” Def said bowing his head slightly

“Watch over Mark for me” 

“Of course, he is my number one priority after all he is our mate” Def smiled and Jaebum nodded.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark the wolf jaw and a few minutes passed before the wolf opened his eyes, “How did you know that I wouldn’t hurt you?” The wolf said lowly

“We’re mates, you would never hurt me” Mark said confidently 

The wolf laughed, “Even though I hurt your guards, you still believe that” the then wolf sat up

“So where’s Jaebum?” Mark asked

“He is here, we have come to agreement and have called a truce” the wolf answered

“Just like that?” Mark asked curiously

“Yes just like that, mate. I have seen the error of my ways and I’m sorry” the wolf sighed.

“Yah that’s way too quick” Mark muttered

“Perhaps to you but in our mind it was a while” the wolf replied

Mark petted the wolf head, “Alright then but I’m guessing you two haven’t synchronized yet”

“As time goes by we will but since this is the first transformation we have just reached truce.” The wolf said

“Well I can’t wait ti-”

“FREEZE!!!!” Wonho said as he, Hyunjin, Hani and Jooheon entered in the white room with their guns and weapons aimed at everyone.

“Hunters” Hyun-woo sighed

“That’s right, now sir you can move from the wolf.” Jooheon said and Mark pointed to himself and Jooheon nodded, “You are safe, these people won’t harm you anymore”

Mark shaked his head and sat in front of the wolf, “Sir you’re safe, move away from the wolf!” Wonho commanded

“You’ll hurt him” Mark said

“Of course we will, we have to. These evil creatures don’t belong in this world” Hani scoffed

“You’re wrong!” Mark shouted “Jaebum and um-wait what’s your name?” He asked the wolf

“Seriously? As the Hunters have guns aimed at us, you ask me this?” The wolf frowned and Mark shrugged

“Who cares what the beast name is, move away from him!” Hani yelled

“I CARE!” Mark yelled back, “He’s my boyfriend and I won’t let you hurt him!”

Wonho grew frustrated with Mark reluctance to leave the beast, they must’ve placed a spell on him, “You bastards put a spell on him?! You all will die!” He yelled as he pointed the gun to Hyun-woo.

“Wonho, Hyunjin, Hani, Jooheon, PUT DOWN YOUR DAMN WEAPONS!” A voice said from behind them.

The four turned around and saw Taecyeon, Jun K and Nickhun by the door, “Damnit” Hyun-woo sighed

“Hyun-woo who is that?” Mark whispered

“More Hunters but that guy in the center is their leader Ok Taecyeon” Hyun-woo explained, “The council will not be happy” he sighed. Taecyeon eyes widened slightly hearing Hyun-woo words.

“But Taecyeon-hyung, they killed the other guy that was here and placed that guy under a spell” Wonho explained

“Wonho look around, there’s injured werewolves on the floor. Unless those humans have weapons similar to ours most likely we’ve interrupted a wolf first transformation. That guy you saw was probably a werewolf.” Taecyeon sighed while crossing his arms

“But he didn’t read as a werewolf” Wonho muttered looking to his other comrades who looked just confused, “B-But it doesn’t matter we should kill them all before they do the same to us or other humans”

“Do that and we’ll feel the wrath of the council, now I order you to put down your weapons!” Taecyeon shouted

The four looked at each other before putting down their weapons, Mark slowly stood up and looked at the Hunter leader, “Thank you for that but may I ask why are you helping us?”

“Because you’re with the council correct?” Jun K responded and Mark nodded, “Meaning you’re one of the good guys”

“Good guys? There are no good guys when it comes to supernaturals” Jooheon spat

“You’re wrong” Nickhun sighed, “Just like there good people within humans, there are people being within supernaturals.”

“How do you know that?” Mark wondered, “I thought all Hunters saw us as evil people?”

“‘Us’? Aren’t you human?” Wonho asked

Mark shaked his head, “I am a vampire”

The Hunters gasped, “What the hell, then this was a trap” Hyunjin frowned

Jun K rolled his eyes, “Hardly you idiots”

Hyun-woo coughed, “I believe you Hunters were about to explain as to why you finally realize that not all of us supernaturals are evil.”

“We used to think that but I found a journal written by the Hunter leader Kim Tae-woo who was alive during the time of the previous Vampire Queen Hyori and he wrote about the council, it’s goals and even the Treaty.” Taecyeon said

“Treaty? What Treaty?” Hyunjin asked

“The Unity Treaty written by both humans and members of the council which would’ve lead peace and the co-existing between humans and supernaturals and as well a Fraction that would lead to controlling and otherwise executing rogue supernaturals that would not follow the rules of the Treaty” Hyun-woo explained

“A Treaty like that exist?” Hani gasped

“No because of the death of the previous Vampire Queen and her child, and Queen BoA taking control of the Vampire Kingdom it was never able to come to pass.” Nickhun sighed

“Holy ” Jooheon sighed, “Why didn’t you ever tell us?”

“As if you guys would believe me and besides for many years Hunters had been lead to kill all supernaturals. There are still many within our Fraction who believe this and I doubt they would care that there are good supernaturals.” Taecyeon sighed

“I don’t understand” Wonho frowned

“Alright kids, time for a History lesson” Nickhun smirked, motioning for them to follow him outside the white room and they did.

“I hope you can forgive them, they’ve had loved ones taken from them by many rogue supernaturals” Jun K bowed along with Taecyeon.

“It’s alright, the pain of losing someone they love must be hard for them” Mark muttered

“Yes it is” Taecyeon nodded

Mark stared at the Hunter leader, “You’ve obviously lost someone to supernaturals yet you are kind to the rest of us and even want to co-exist with us, why?” Hyun-woo looked at Mark in surprise.

“An entire species shouldn’t been to blame for the actions a few rogues who think they are above others so I want to talk to the council and reestablish the Unity Treaty and remove Queen BoA from the throne” Taecyeon explained, “But I also want to ask why they didn’t do anything when she took over and why they let her do as she please.”

Mark stepped forward, “It’s because of me” The two Hunters look confused, “I am the previous Vampire son that was supposedly killed” he explained, “The council was waiting for my re-birth so I can take back the throne and hopefully restart the Unity Treaty but I’m happy to see that it is still quite possible to do so.” He smiled

“No way you were alive?” Jun K gasped

“Not exactly but let’s just say that through magic I was able to live again” Mark giggled

Taecyeon chuckled but after a moment he frowned, “But wait if you are alive, why haven’t you taken back the throne?”

“Queen BoA had taken a few vampire elders hostage and also I’m not strong enough to fight her so rushing into the Kingdom would be homicidal” Mark sighed

“So what now?” Jun K wondered

“Well we have to give us some time, we weren’t planning on taking the throne now since I’m only here for school but now seeing the damage that she has created and the lives lost for it; I can’t be selfish anymore and soon I will fight back” Mark stated confidently 

Jun K and Taecyeon smiled at him, “Well that happens, please know that you have the support of us Hunters to back you up” he announced

“Oh really, didn’t you just say that there are some Hunters that want to kill us all” Mark chuckled and Taecyeon groaned remembering that, “How about you take care of your Hunters before you come to our aid.”

Taecyeon moved forward and shaked Mark’s hand, “I will but you better not forget us cause there will be plenty of Hunters willing to hunt down some evil vampires.” He smirked

“I won’t” Mark laughed.

Jun K shaked Mark’s hand and also gave him a card, “Here is our card if you want to reach us, let’s keep in touch. I’m sure we have useful information that we can share” he answered

Mark nodded as he took his card and watched the two Hunters leave the white room, “That was quite unexpected” Hyun-woo sighed, “I have no idea how the council will react to this.”

Mark giggled, “Well at least you can’t be blamed for this”

“Oh please I bet Queen Chaerin will find someway to do just that” Hyun-woo scoffed

Mark laughed and turned to look at Def, “Now, how about you tell me your name”

The wolf looked up at his mate, “Def, my name is Def”

Mark smiled at the wolf, “It’s a pleasure to meet you”

Def stared at Mark before he pounced on him making Mark fall on his back. Def continue to stare into Mark’s brown eyes as Mark did the same, “Mate” he growled. He burrowed his nose into Mark’s neck before it. At first the action was ticklish but eventually it shifted to pleasure and Mark had to bit his lip to keep the moans in. After all Hyun-woo and the others were probably watching.

Mark tightly grasped Def fur unsure if he should stop him but it seemed Def made the choice himself. He pulled back and stared Mark flushed face, “Yah what was that about?” He muttered

“I was marking you” Def simply answered

“Why?” Mark asked looked completely confused

“So you only smell of me and anyone that comes into contact with you knows that you are taken.” 

“Couldn’t you just give me a necklace or something” Mark mumbled feeling his cheeks warm up.

“I’ve leave that to Jaebum” Def said with a smile in his voice.

“Still that was so random” Mark sighed

“I suppose but I felt like doing that” Def shrugged

Mark looked around to see to see who saw but was surprised to see that they were alone; when the hell did that happen? “Prince Mark, when you and Def are done, we can leave to go home” Hyun-woo said speaking through the speakers from the control room.

Mark looked up at him confused, “What? How are we suppose to leave with Def?” Because Hyun-woo was high up in the room Mark couldn’t see the smirk growing on Hyun-woo face.