Chapter 6

Part of Me

“JB-hyung doesn’t mean that” Jackson smirked, Jaebum rolled his eyes and went to the kitchen to get a drink.

 

Mark smiled, happy that Jaebum wasn’t trying to keep from being close to the group. He smirked, “I can tell; anyways good night guys” he waved turning around

 

“Wait stay!!” Jackson said jumping onto Mark back. Startled by Jackson action, Mark accidentally flip Jackson on his back. 

 

Mark gasped, “Oh my god, I am so sorry. I didn’t expect you to do that! Are you okay?” Mark rushed on his knees next to Jackson looking over him. Immediately the rest of the group came running over to scene.

 

“Hyung!” Jackson exclaimed and Mark flinched thinking he ruined any relationship between them.

 

“Mark-hyung that was amazing!” BamBam grinned jumping up and down

 

“Well that’s one way to keep Jackson off a person” Jinyoung smirked crossing his arm

 

“Hyung you know martial arts?” Youngjae asked surprised

 

Mark shyly nodded and looked back at Jackson, “Are you mad?” He pouted, Jackson wasn’t mad at all but that pout made him damn sure of that.

 

“Hyung no way!! That was totally awesome!” Jackson laughed quickly getting up from the floor before Mark or anyone could notice his ears getting a little red, “I’ve never been flipped before but that was really cool”

 

Jaebum lifted Mark up by his arm, “Don’t worry about him, however” he leaned close to Mark and whispered, “You have to show me how you did that” as his hand moved to Mark’s upper back.

 

Mark muttered an ‘okay’ calmly but his heart raced at how close he was to Jaebum; he could smell his musk scent and for some reason it warmed his blood. He instantly go worried that his vampire side might show, however thankfully Jinyoung noticed his discomfort, “Yah Hyung you’re making Mark feel uncomfortable” Jinyoung said pulling Mark closer to him 

 

Jaebum frowned at Jinyoung for pulling Mark away, he liked being close to the older; he smelled of lavender and his scent made Jaebum want to be closer than he already was with him.

 

Mark felt himself being calm after Jinyoung pulled him away, but he wondered why his blood would warm after just being near Jaebum. Jackson then moved close to Mark “Don’t worry, I know you didn’t do that on purpose. Unless that’s your way of impressing me” Jackson winked

 

Mark blushed, “Yah who would want to impress you?” Yugyeom scoffed

 

“Yah you brat, I’ll have you know everyone wants a piece of me” Jackson lifting his tank halfway showing his abs.

 

“Put those away Hyung” Jinyoung said rolling his eyes, Mark had to admit the guy had nice abs but they weren’t as impressive as the abs he’s seen on the werewolves; now those were hot abs.

 

“Anyways Hyung lets stay up and get to know each other” BamBam suggested, “You don’t class tomorrow, do you?”

 

Mark gaped as he had no idea what his schedule was; just as he was about to ask the guys about how to find out, his phone dinged. Taking out of his pocket he saw he got an email from Hyun-woo. Opening it he saw his entire class schedule for the semester as well as tips as to how to access his school’s blackboard and where to go for books. ‘You’re listening to this, aren’t you Hyun-woo?’ he telepathically sent to Hyun-woo.

 

‘What kind of guardian would I be if I wasn’t’? Hyun-woo replied and Mark could sigh in response but he was still thankfully for Hyun-woo eavesdropping.

 

“No I don’t” Mark replied after reviewing his schedule 

 

“Awesome, Youngjae get the juice and I’ll grab the snacks” Jackson said while walking in the kitchen. “Guys set up the living room” he commanded

 

“Yah who are you commanding?!” Jaebum yelled looking a little annoyed at being commanded

 

“I love you too Hyung!” Jackson yelled back with ageyo to which Jaebum groaned and helped move the couch’s and the tables with the others. Mark was the only one not helping since BamBam and Jinyoung said it was his first night with them.

 

Jackson and Youngjae carried bowls and cups of snacks and juice and set them in the center of the living room floor; they all sat around the food in circle. BamBam sat on Mark’s right while Youngjae sat on his left. Jinyoung thought of the idea of the boys telling Mark about themselves so he could feel more comfortable with everyone. 

 

From that Mark learned that Jaebum, Jackson and Jinyoung were currently in their sophomore year of college while Youngjae, Yugyeom and BamBam was in their freshman year. Jinyoung majoring in Politics and Law, Youngjae and Jaebum had the same major of Music but Jaebum’s was more focused in Management and Production while Youngjae’s was more into Composition and Performance. BamBam majored in Textiles, Yugyeom in Dance, and Jackson majored in Health concerning Nutrition.

 

The boys told Mark of their hobbies, families, and how certain people (BamBam) aren’t allowed to be by the stove at all. “Yah, one time and I’m branded for life” BamBam scoffed

 

“If only it was one time” Jaebum deadpanned “The guy set WATER. ON. FIRE.”

 

“It was an accident!” BamBam groaned, rolling his eyes

 

“How do you accidentally sent water on fire? How do you even do it intentionally?” Yugyeom frowned, BamBam turned to glare at him.

 

“Okay Mark-hyung your turn” Youngjae smiled

 

“Um my major is Organizational Leadership, however I’m minoring in Comparative Mythology.” Mark began

 

“Well those two are polar opposites” BamBam said out loud, the five glared at him but they were happy someone said it

 

“Yeah I know” Mark smiled sadly “I had to take it if I wanted to go college but thankfully I was able to chose my minor by myself”

 

“Ah I see you gotta learn the family business right?” Jackson smirked thinking he got it.

 

“Not exactly, it’s kinda complicated to say but I have a huge um career title to take over so they thought majoring in Organizational Leadership could be beneficial.” Mark vaguely explained

 

Jinyoung could tell Mark couldn’t openly talk about the matter so he moved the topic before any of the others could question him on it, “I remembered earlier you were saying you were homeschooled, what was that like?”

 

“Like prison” Mark sighed 

 

“How? I mean you don’t have to worry about being late, class probably ends early and you got time to goof off and spend it out in L.A” Youngjae grinned thinking about what life would be like if he was homeschooled

 

“For you guys maybe, life would be like that. But-” Mark was hesitant but he knew that it would come up again so he might as well say it, “For me I wasn’t allowed to go outside. I mean I would go in my backyard and play with my siblings but I rarely ever left my home. The only times I did was for vacations but even that wasn’t as fun as it should’ve been. I have snuck out but only for a few minutes, there wasn’t enough time to explore.” Mark stared at the floor thinking of all those times being inside while his siblings were out doing whatever they wanted.

 

The six all stared at each other, “So that’s what you meant when you said you were sheltered” Yugyeom said and Mark nodded

 

“Is that because of medical reasons?” Jackson wondered

 

“Um yeah I have a medical condition and because of that I have a lot of people that are overprotective me” Mark explained but it was still really vague but the guys didn’t say anything hoping Mark will one day feel more comfortable to tell them. The room fell silent as the boys were unsure of how the next question would affect Mark. 

 

“Ah sorry I didn’t mean to bring the mood down” Mark pouted noticing how quiet it had gotten.

 

“No don’t worry about it Hyung. It was just we didn’t expect that from you” Jinyoung assured trying to comfortable Mark.

 

“I understand, looks can be deceiving” Mark smiled awkwardly ‘Especially since none of you will ever guess that you’re rooming with a vampire’

 

“How did you convince your family to let you away for school?” Jaebum asked after taking a sip of his drink.

 

“I knew they would never let me go to regular school, but I figured at least they would let me go to college. However just in case I’ve been begging since I was in the middle school level to let me go away for college.” Mark replied while taking small bites of the chips. “Tired of my begging they allowed me to go however there are conditions I have to follow in order to really be here and at the first sign of trouble they’ll pull me out and I’ll on be the next flight back home”

 

“That’s not fair” Yugyeom pouted

 

Mark shrugged used to rules like that, “Those are the rules and if wanna stay in South Korea I gotta follow them” Mark sighed wishing that he had other options.

 

“So I bet you picked a school on the opposite side of the world to spite them?” Jackson grinned evilly 

 

Mark giggled and they all thought it would the cutest laugh ever, “Not really I just wanted to see the world” he shrugged cutely

 

Jaebum couldn’t help but smile at the adorable gesture realizing he was smiling at Mark he quickly wiped it away before anyone saw; Jinyoung saw it and smiled a little. “So as long as you continue being a good boy you’ll stay?” Jaebum questioned

 

Even though that comment wasn’t meant to be dirty, Mark’s mind went that way, “Basically” he smirked and Jaebum gave a tilted smile back. ‘Oh so he meant ‘good boy’ in that way’

 

Jackson looked between Jaebum and Mark, a weird feeling stirred within him and he didn’t like it especially before when Jaebum was really close to Mark putting his hand on his back, “Yah JB-ah quit making our new friend uncomfortable”

 

Jaebum frowned and glared at Jackson, “I’m not making him uncomfortable and I am your hyung! Respect me, ya brat!”

 

Jackson rolled his eyes while Jinyoung looked between Jackson and Jaebum, an evil grin slowly grew on Jinyoung’s face. He crawled over to Mark pushing himself between Mark and Youngjae; he placed his hand on Mark’s thigh rubbing it gently and the action caught the attention of the two boys, “Well we’ll make sure that your time here in South Korea will be unforgettable and with the six of us, there is no way your family will know.” Jinyoung smiled

 

Mark silently gasped, “Would you really do that for me? Someone who you met only a few hours ago?”

 

“Normally no but you seem like a really cool guy-” Youngjae began

 

“With a lot of secrets” BamBam muttered but was elbowed by Yugyeom.

 

Youngjae gave BamBam a side glare, momentarily breaking his Sunshine personality, making BamBam freeze till he smiled again, “So we’ll be there for you Hyung”

 

Mark feels his eye sting, he knew with all the guards and Hyun-woo it would be impossible for the council not to find out but that fact that they would do that for him made his eyes water, “Hyung are you alright?” Yugyeom asked noticing Mark watery eyes, drawing the others attention. Jaebum and Jackson both tried to move to try and comfort the elder but Jinyoung beat them to it since he was already next to him and was currently rubbing small circles on his back.

 

“Yeah I just never thought I would have friends and especially as nice and trusting as you guys” Mark smiled

 

Jinyoung wrapped his arms around his waist giving him a side-hug, making Jackson pout while Jaebum gave a slight frown; Jinyoung smirked in the crown of Mark’s head. “Wait Hyung what about Chen and Sehun, aren’t they your friends?” BamBam asked

 

Mark tried to move away but Jinyoung pulled him back, Mark grew confused till Jinyoung somehow maneuvered him to where he was sitting in between Jinyoung legs with his arms around his waist. Mark looked up to give Jinyoung a questioning look but he only smiled in return, “That’s kinda complex, they are my friends but at the same time they’re um not. Um what I mean to say is that they um are not what you would um classify as normal friends.” Mark awkwardly answered

 

The boys gave gave Mark a confused looked, “Mark-hyung you’re making no sense” Jaebum said 

 

Mark gulped, unsure of how to really explain it. He could tell everyone that the two were his bodyguards but he was slightly worried it would affect their newly found friendship. At the same time he already was keeping at lot of things from them, would they really care if they learned his ‘friends’ were also his bodyguards.