Chapter 27

Part of Me

As Lord Top walked back to the meeting room, he could hear the lower status vampires whispering about Mark and his ability to withstand the sun lights. As more vampires talk about the incident, he feared Queen BoA might take action against Mark and if so it would be impossible to make a deal with her.

After the suited vampires took Mark away to the dungeon, Queen BoA looked ready to murder Mark but thanks to the paranoid ramblings of Lord Kangin, she decided to leave him be till she figured out a better way to take him out.

It was thanks to Lady Jea’s idea to have them rest for a few moments since so much has occurred that he was able to have a discussion with Mark. Once he was within the presence of Mark he almost forgot what he was there to do till Lord Daesung interrupted their moment. It was upsetting yet sadly it was for the best till he surrenders.

The Queen didn’t take a long rest and she immediately called all the clan leaders to the meeting room. Lord Top could only hope she didn’t make any destructive decisions. 

As Lord Top arrived to the meeting room, he found himself to be the last person to arrive; not that he or anyone else cared. He was number one in the eyes of the Queen and speaking out on him would cause problems. 

“So does anyone have any idea, how a so called vampire is able to stay under sun lights and not burn up into a crisp?!” Queen BoA yelled

“It could be possible that the witches or elves devised some spell or item that enables vampires to stand the sun.” Lady Min-hyung

“That’s impossible we would’ve heard if something like that had actually been created.” Queen BoA sighed
“However they were able to hide the fact that had a successor within them for many years. It could be possible that there are other things that they are hiding from us.” Lord Top added as he stood at his post. Queen BoA took a deep breathe realizing that he was right.

“However it’s a crazy coincidence that his abilities is the same as the family of Queen Hyori.” Lord Changmin muttered to himself, however it seemed he forgotten that vampires have a keen sense of hearing.

“Yes it is strange that his abilities is just like that wretched family.” Queen BoA clenched her fists and her eyes slowly glowed red.

“B-But that’s impossible. Queen Hyori was the last in her family, other than that unborn child, but both were killed by your hands.” Lord Kangin protested

“If he is not of Hyori family line then who the hell is he?!” Queen BoA yelled

“We could torture him and make him tell us” Lady Min-hyung suggested

Queen BoA was smiling making Lord Top a little nervous, it’s impossible his little vampire could handle the torture of Queen BoA. He had to do something, “Actually my Queen, I had this idea of having that man submit to us.” He suggested

The eyes of the clan leaders and Queen BoA turned to him, “And why the hell would I want that?”

The Queen was glaring at him and even Lady Jea seemed to sweating at his suggestion, “We don’t know his true strength and it could aid us in your plans of taking over the council. Especially since he’s been with the council for who know’s how long. His information could finally let us be one step ahead of them and we could lead this world into a new era with us as their rulers.” He stated. Although Lord Top was sure he sounded confident, for the first time, internally he was shaking from that load of crap he just sprouted. Would the Queen actually believe him?

“Are you kidding me Lord Top?! That man wanted to take the throne from our beloved Queen! Why the hell would we want to collaborate with him?! I say we torture him for information then kill him along with the Elders!” Lord Changmin smiled. The rest of the clan leader seemed to agree with Lord Changmin and if the Queen followed suit his beautiful vampire will die.

“Actually” The Queen spoke softly, “I kinda like Lord Top idea. While torturing him would be fun, we could losing a future ally.” The other clan leaders stared in shock of the Queen actually agreeing with Lord Top idea. “Alright Top I will give him a chance to be one of us, however if he chooses to rebel we will torture him for what he knows then kill. As for the Elders they will stay until I choose to dispose of them.” 

Lord Top bowed to her, “I also ask that you allow of him to tell him of this so that when he comes to you, he will not hesitant his decision.” 

Queen BoA sighed and waved her hand in a dismissing manner and Lord Top took that as sign to leave. Lady Jea also followed after him but Queen BoA paid her no mind, “You are too forgiving, my Queen” Lady Kangin said cautiously 

“I am however it is rare that Lord Top will give suggestions like that so it’s possible he feels that, that fool of a successor will actually submit to us. I trust Lord Top and I believe his idea will work.” Queen BoA stated. The clan leaders could only nod as they knew nothing they say will persuade the Queen otherwise because for some reason Lord Top was a number one in her eyes.

 

“My Queen I’ve been meaning to ask but what if the council comes for the child?” Lord Kangin asked

The Queen laughed, “They won’t come for him, if anything they would try to make a deal to get him back.”

All the clan leader looked at each other, “I don’t mean to doubt you, my Queen but how do you know?” Lady Min-hyung asked

“We have their successor and and the remaining four Elders unless they want to receive their heads then they will stay away and I’m sure they know that since it’s the same situation as it was 2,000 years ago.” Queen BoA smiled

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark flopped on the floor as he tired himself trying to remove his cuffs, but it proved to be impossible. “Trust me, Mark, you have better luck taking over the world than removing those cuffs.” Lord G-Dragon snorted, “They were made by Queen Jia herself.”

Mark huffed as he pouted, “Damn there has to be another way I can escape.”

“Oh you’re not gonna take the deal?” Lady Tiffany asked in surprise.

Mark raised an eyebrow, did they expect him to surrender so quickly? “Ah don’t be offended by Lady Tiffany; it’s just that you’re young so we didn’t think you would go so far for the Vampire Kingdom.” Lord Daesung explained

Mark pouted even more, “There’s no way I would surrender so quickly, my-Queen Hyori would be disappointed in me, so will the council, Hyun-woo, my friends, my mate” he said whispering the last two words. “They went through so much for me, I owe them a lot and besides I made the decision to take back the kingdom, although I kinda was hoping for more time.”

“So what are you gonna do?” Lady Hyoyeon asked

“Good question” Mark muttered. He brought his knees to his chin and tried to think, however he didn’t have as much time as he though the did. 

It was a few minutes later that Lord Top entered in his cell and he looked happy, “Queen BoA has agreed to giving you a chance to be a part of our Kingdom.”

Mark stared at the vampire, “Yeah and all I have to do is betray the council, my friends and my mate.” He scoffed

Lord Top grinned, “Exactly!”

Mark looked at him in disbelief, “I was being sarcastic, there’s no way in hell I’m gonna betray everyone!”

Lord Top frowned at Mark, “I don’t understand why you choosing to side with them, this is not your battle. You don’t have to continue to be loyal to them anymore.”

“And that’s where you’re wrong!” Mark slowly stood and with confidence he made unwavering eye contact with him, "This has everything to do with me and I will fight Queen BoA until it is me on the throne.” Like lightning an idea struck him, “Yeah that’s it” he muttered, grinning, “Tell Queen BoA this, I challenge her to a duel and if she wins, I will willingly became her servant and tell her everything she wants to know.” He stated

Lord Top wanted argued back but he could see bright determination shining in his eyes. Mark truly wants to duel the Queen. Lord Top bit his lip, hesitating hoping he would change his mind but it seemed he was wrong, “Fine if you want go out the hard way, then I’ll tell her but I warn you the Queen more powerful than you would ever know and you will regret it once you see a difference in power.”

Mark smirked, “I doubt it would be me, doubting my choices.” Lord Top gave him a confused look, could it be this child is something more? Without saying anything he left the cell and locked it and headed back to the Queen.

“What kind of plan is that?!” Lord G-Dragon yelled to Mark. “How are you gonna escape when you’re beaten within an inch of your life?!”

Mark stood up and towards the bar of the doors, “I know it’s not the greatest plan but for now it’s something and maybe it can help me take these damn cuffs off.” He sighed

The four Elders stared at the young vampire, “Do you believe actually you are more powerful than the Queen?” Lady Tiffany asked

“I was told I was because of my mother and father, although I don’t even know who he is.” Mark pouted, “But I believe my powers can give me some advantage towards the Queen.” He said confidently.The four Elders could only stare at him, while having the same thought, ‘Who is this man?’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lord Top gritted his teeth as he and a couple other vampire guards headed back down to the dungeon. He was surprised when Queen BoA actually approved of Mark’s request of a duel and even more so when she told him to bring the remaining Elders. Lord Top could only suspect that she had a plan and most likely he wasn’t going to like it. 

Actually any plan that involves endangering Mark wasn’t one he was going to like. As much as he hated to admit it, Lady Jea was right, he was in love with Mark. He was just so beautiful and his smile was just magnificent. He wouldn’t mind getting to know him. 

But now Lord Top was in trouble, if Queen BoA plan involved hurting or even killing Mark would he continue to stand by his Queen’s side or abandon his Kingdom for the sake of a beautiful man? 

As he and the other guards entered in the dungeon; Lord Top opened Mark’s cell while the other guards took the four Elders, “Just where the hell do you think you’re taking us?!” Lord G-Dragon yelled

“Shut up!” One of the vampire guards yelled to him. Lord G-Dragon frowned at the guard, thinking that they wouldn’t be so bold if he wasn’t wearing the cuffs.

Mark looked confused as to why they were also taking the Elders; he turned around and looked at Lord Top to ask him but he merely hushed him, giving him no answer. Going back up, Mark noticed that they weren’t going to the same direction of the throne room. 

After going through some many corridors, Mark couldn’t help but wonder where they were going. Finally they seemed to reach their destination and Mark gasped at the sight of the big room they were in. There was a large ring in the center of the room that was a couple feet off the ground. It seemed as if all the vampires under Queen BoA was in the room standing, surrounding the ring with the Queen seating and her clan leaders standing off a few feet away from the ring on a higher platform.

“What is this?” Mark wondered

“This is the duel you asked for.” Lord Top replied

“Yeah I get that but I assumed it would just be the Queen and I. Are we preforming some show?” Mark joked

“You didn’t truly think you would get to be alone with the Queen, did you?” Lord Top raised an eyebrow

“I suppose it would too good to be true.” Mark muttered under his breath. 

Lord Top lead him to the ring while the guards made the Elders stand by the ring. Queen BoA moved from her seat and walked to the ring, “Before this challenge begins, I’ll give you one chance to surrender before I humiliate you.” Queen BoA smiled

“I’m not backing down.” Mark glared

Queen BoA merely shrugged, “You’ve had your chance.” She waved Lord Top away and he moved to stand with the clan leaders. 

“Aren’t you gonna remove these cuffs?” Mark asked as he lifted his handcuffed hands.

Queen BoA laughed, “That’s definitely not happening, but I’m gonna let this duel be fair and I won’t use my powers either. We’ll be fighting the old-fashioned way, with swords.” 

Mark took a deep breathe, for once he was thankful that Hyun-woo made him do those sword-fighting and fencing lessons. The Queen waved her hand and two vampires came up with swords in their hands and handed the swords to them. Mark took the sword and removed it from it’s scabbard and saw it was a longsword but it seemed as if it hadn’t been used. He looked up and noticed that the Queen held a claymore which seemed to be the same length as his own.

The Queen smiled, “Do you like my sword? It’s made by pure steel and dipped in the blood of Angels, the thing that could kill full-blooded vampire.”

Mark paled, “You mean-”

“Yes this is the sword I used to kill the four Elders and even Queen Hyori and her child.” Queen BoA smiled even wider when she revealed that. Mark could feel his blood boiling and his eyes shift before the seal of the cuffs activated and forced them back to normal. “Ho? Does hearing about the Elders make you angry or is it hearing about Queen Hyori?” Mark growled even more at that last statement giving her an answer, “Why? She was a weak ruler and deserved death.”

Mark gritted his teeth; he can’t lose his cool, not if he wanted to beat the Queen, “I have my reasons.” He growled

Queen BoA narrowed her eyes, and made the first move towards Mark, striking him at every angle and Mark barely dodged and blocked each one. Either the Queen lied to him about using her powers or she's naturally quick. With the seal it made it difficult to block the strike but it wasn’t impossible. 

The crowd cheered at each strike the Queen made and seemed to be even happier when Mark almost got stabbed at his side. Lord Top gritted his teeth and Lady Jea had to pinch him as a reminder that he isn’t suppose to show sympathy towards Mark. Lord Top couldn’t help himself, if anything he wanted to run over and help him or at least remove his handcuffs so he can have a better advantage over the Queen.

It seemed without his powers Mark wouldn’t find any openings as she always moving quicker than Mark could see. Queen BoA used her swift moves to slash his leg; the pain of the slash gave Queen BoA to slash his other leg making him kneel on the ground.

Queen BoA laughed, “It seemed that this duel had no point, without your powers you as worthless as a human.” She raised up her sword and before strike again, the doors of the room burst open with many vampires, elves and witches and transformed werewolves. “What the hell?!”

Mark smiled at who he saw, “Def!”

“Mark!” Def growled as he raced towards Mark.

“You idiots! Stop them!” Queen BoA yelled at the vampire spectators. They all sprung to action to attack the trespassers. Mark watched as he saw his guards fight off the vampires however it seemed there was more of Queen BoA vampires than Mark’s guards, “What a weak attempt of a rescue.” She laughed

Mark paled as he saw Def, Chen and Sehun suddenly cornered by vampires. He looked down at his leg and saw that his wound wouldn’t allow him to help his mate and guards. “This truly is a pathetic attempt.” Lord Changmin chuckled and everyone except Lord Top and Lady Jea laughed.

“I don’t think it was that bad.” A familiar voice said and everyone turned around to see Hyun-woo with the members of the council.

“Oh my god, it really is the council.” Queen BoA paled.

“Hey hyung’s!” Mark saw his roommates with weapons in their hands riding the backs of werewolves. What the hell were they doing?!

“Everyone stand down! Queen BoA put down the sword and step away from Prince Mark!” Hyun-woo yelled. 

Every vampire on the side of the Queen instantly dropped to their knees. They knew the power and strength of the council and if they wanted to live it was best of they do as they were told. 

Queen BoA eyes turned red, “What the f? Why are you protecting this child! He doesn’t deserve to be King!” She swung her sword downward and Mark was too slow to lift up his sword again. Def raced towards him but it seemed like he wouldn’t make it. However Queen BoA was pushed out of the way.

Queen BoA fell to the floor but when she looked up she gasped at what she saw, “Seung-hyun, are you mad?!” Lord Top kneeled down to Mark level and unlocked Mark’s cuffs. “What the hell are you doing?!” 

Once the sealed cuffs were removed, Mark immediately felt recharged, and his cuts and bruises instantly healed. “What I should’ve done in the beginning.” Lord Top smiled

Mark looked cautiously at Lord Top, “Why?” He questioned

“Who can stand to see the person they love get hurt?” Lord Top smiled

“Excused me?!” Def growled as he finally reached the ring. 

Mark threw his arms around the werewolf, “Def!” 

Def nuzzled his fur against his mate happy to see him well and alive, “I’ve missed you mate.”

“I missed you too.” Mark smiled. When Mark stood up he saw Hyun-woo and the council members and the Elders coming up on the ring as well. Queen Taeyeon came up front and immediately placed sealed cuffs on the Queen, looking around Mark saw that the witches and elves also placed similar cuffs on all the clan leaders of the Queen while having the rest kneel on the floor with them all facing the ring. 

“So you all really would have a child like this on the throne than me?” Queen BoA hissed, “He is not worthy of the throne!”

“Silence!” Lord Seung-hyung commanded, “Don’t you dare speak that way of our Prince!”
“Prince Mark, did you not tell BoA of who you were?” Hyun-woo smirked

“Of course not, I was cuffed this whole time. It seemed kinda suicidal to reveal my true identity.” Mark shrugged

“True identity?” Lord Top murmured

“Yes I am Prince Mark Yi-En Tuan, son of the true Vampire Queen Hyori” Mark blushed, it felt so weird speaking this whole name like that. It’s so embarrassing. 

There was multiple gasped throughout the room, “I-Impossible!” Lord Changmin shouted

“Exactly I killed Hyori and her child! There’s no way she could’ve had another!” BoA shouted

“Well 2,000 years ago you were quite excited to finish off Queen Hyori that you didn’t realized that you actually missed the baby itself.” Queen Taecyeon revealed

BoA gasped, “B-But if that were true you would’ve had him take the throne centuries ago!” She yelled

“Queen Jia placed a reincarnation spell on Mark so that he may be reborn later. We didn’t expect him to take over 2,000 years to come back but I would say he’s worth it.” Hyun-woo smiled

BoA paled, no wonder the council were silent. All this time. All this time, they were waiting. She looked up at Mark face; she should’ve seen it. The fact that he was able to withstand the sun, the multiple guards from the council.The signs were there yet she ignored them, unable to believe that it was true.

“Prince Mark, what do you want to do with them?” Hyun-woo asked

BoA and her former clan leaders bit their lip in fear; Mark thought for moment, he had an idea as what to do with the former Queen and her clan leaders but he had no idea what to do with the remaining vampires that were under her rule. He was unsure how many were loyal to the former Queen and how many would happy switch sides and be loyal to him. 

As he thought about this, no one noticed one of the low leveled vampires was slowly crawling towards the stage. It was till he was at the foot of the ring that he jumped up and shouted, “For Queen BoA!” Aiming to lunge at Mark that everyone moved to action. However Mark was quicker and instantly his eyes glowed and with a wave of his hands the man disintegrated into ash.

The room erupted with screams and gasped at what they saw, “I-It was you who killed my runners months ago!” BoA gaped.

Mark didn’t want to kill the vampire but he was dead the moment he tried to attack him whether or not it was by Mark’s hands, “Is there anyone else who wishes to challenge me?” He asked. Everyone looked down at the pile of ash that was once their comrade; if they were to do the same their fate would be just like his. The vampires stayed quiet as their way of saying they completely surrendered.

“Send the former Queen BoA and the former clan leaders to the dungeon until I have decided a proper punishment for them. I will try to think of something for the rest.” Mark commanded and his guards took them away even including Lord Top and Lady Jea.

“I can’t believe you are actually Queen Hyori son, I thought her line ended with her.” Lord G-Dragon sighed, shaking his head. He then smiled as he looked at Mark, “I’m glad to see it didn’t, if you would, my prince, I would happily give my allegiance to you.” The Elder then kneeled in front of Mark and as did the other three Elders. 

Mark smiled, “Thank you, I would be honored to have you and I thank everyone else as well.” He said to the council.“For coming to rescue and helping me take back the Kingdom.” Mark then turned to his roommates that were coming up to the ring, “I actually can’t believe you guys came.”

“You thought you were surprised?! Jaebum was yelling in my head when he saw you guys!” Def groaned

“Well we couldn’t just sit back and wait for Jaebum-hyung to rescue.” Jinyoung scoffed

“Yeah we had to come.” BamBam added

“Honestly I was scared but I’m glad the fight was over before we had to do anything.” Youngjae revealed

“I’m not, do you know how much I was preparing for this?!” Jackson frowned

“Same” Yugyeom pouted.

Mark laughed, “Sorry guys.”