Chapter 30

Part of Me

Originally Mark had planned to only stay with his family for only two and half weeks but time seemed to fly faster than he thought. Mark begged the council to let him stay a few more days and they easily consented however the only obstacle was Jaebum as he knew it would be a little harder to tell the werewolf. 

However, surprisingly Jaebum was okay with it. Mark wondered if Jaebum was still trying to leave South Korea to see him but Jaebum dismissed that idea and said he understood that he just need time to be with his family and Jaebum will wait for him. 

The Tuans were happy for the few extra days they had with Mark and although they had done a lot in the two and half weeks with going all around L.A to amusement parks, fairs, and the boardwalk. They still wanted to go many other places with him, making everyday an outdoor adventure. But soon it was time for Mark to leave and although they didn’t want him to go, they promised to make plans to come to South Korea for Mark’s coronation and also to meet Jaebum.

Just like when he left L.A the first time, there was another smothering hug. But being they were going to see Mark again soon, it wasn’t as sad as the first time. Mark, Chen and Sehun hopped back on the plane and soon found themselves back in South Korea. Jung-hwan picked them up and they headed to the Vampire castle. 

Mark lifted his phone thinking of calling his mate telling him he landed but decided to instead wait till he shook off his jet lag before Jaebum would suffocate him. However it would seem his plans was changed as once he entered the castle he jumped back in shock hearing ‘SURPRISE’ and having confetti blasted in his face.

“W-What the hell is this?!” Mark sputtered, he wasn’t expecting anything so he didn’t think to have his guard up.

“Your welcome home party!” Jackson grinned. Mark smiled as he jumped to hug his friend. He didn’t think he would miss the guy but surprisingly he did.

“Yah what about us?!” Jinyoung and Youngjae shouted together. Mark laughed and hugged the two of them together.

“What are you guys doing here?” Mark wondered

“Uh we live in this country.” Youngjae snorted.

Mark rolled his eyes, “No ya smartass, I meant what are you doing here in the castle? Shouldn’t you be with your families?”

“Uh we spent practically two weeks with them, I think they’ll be okay without us.” Jinyoung deadpanned

“Yah! Your human friends didn’t plan this alone!” Lord Shindong yelled

Mark turned his head to see the council and Hyun-woo standing to the side, he must’ve had tunnel vision and only saw his friends, “What are you guys doing here?”

“What? We’re not allowed in your castle anymore?!” Lord Siwon growled

“After all we did for this kid, he’s no longer wants us around.” Lord Shindong scoffed

Mark laughed, knowing that the two werewolf clan leaders were joking, “Yah you know that I didn’t mean that!”

Queen HyunA smiled and ruffled his head, “Well while you were on vacation, we’ve been renovating.”

Mark gave her a confused look, “Renovating what?”

“We’ll show you later, right now is cake time.” Hyun-woo smiled and just as he said that Jaebum came in wheeling in a giant cake.

“Bummie!” Mark giggled as he jumped into his mate’s arm’s.

Jaebum laughed, “Hello love.” The two mates stared into each other eyes and was unable to look away.

“Yah! You can be lovey-dovey after we have our cake.” Youngjae huffed. The two mates laughed and as Jaebum put Mark down, Jinyoung was cutting the cake. As the cake was being passed around, Mark couldn’t help but smile at the happy scene around him. Humans and supernaturals, together in one room talking. His friends must’ve come by the castle repeatedly to be so friendly with the Council, Elders and some of guards. 

This must be what his previous mother dreamed of when she brought up the Unity Treaty; he could only hope that one day the Hunters will come to an understanding and make that dream a reality. Mark sighed, it’s moments like this when he wished his previous mother was alive so he could know how to be a great leader like her.

Jaebum draped his arms around Mark’s shoulder sensing his mates changed in mood. His werewolves senses have sharpened in the past three weeks and with thanks to his parents for the training, he was now able to sense his mates mood changes.

“What’s going through that mind of yours?” He asked

Mark shaked his head, not wanting to bring down the atmosphere of his welcoming party, “It’s nothing love, just thinking too hard.” Jaebum looked at him as if he wasn’t convinced, “Honest baby, everything fine and I’m really happy to be back.” He smiled. Jaebum just raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything else.

The party continued with playing the Mafia game. The guys had to explain the rules to them as some of the council wanted to play. It was an interesting sight to see the Clan Leaders, and the Kings fighting to prove their innocence as if it was a real life situation. The Queens had to constantly remind them it was merely a game but Mark had to say it was pretty funny.

As the day was changing into night and the curtains and shields were being raised from the windows, the party was slowly coming to a close, however the Council seemed to have another surprise for him. They lead through several corridors that ended to two large double doors that went down a spiral stone staircase. 

Mark slowly became nervous as to the location of their destination and he looked back at his friends and mate wondering if they knew about this surprise but at the look of their faces they too were curious as to what the surprise was. 

Finally they reached to the last step and they gasped at the sight in front of him; up on high raised platform stood a stone coffin surrounded by roses of different colors. There were designs decorating the coffin and Mark suddenly feeling brave moved closer to look at it. As he reached the base of the steps he could see words written on the coffin.

Pulchritudinem Robustam Lamia Subito Regina Quae Abstulerat

“What does that mean?” Jinyoung wondered 

“The mighty beautiful Vampire Queen who was taken away from us so sudden.” Mark then gasped, “It can’t be.” He turned back and faced the Council, “How is this possible? I thought her body was reduced to ash?”

The Council and Hyun-woo shaked their heads, “No” Hyun-woo replied, “Queen Jia casted a spell to preserve her body against time.”

“Wait who is it?” Jackson asked 

Jinyoung and Jaebum elbowed him while Youngjae gave him a hard look, “It’s his previous mother.” Jaebum whispered and Jackson gasped mouthing the words, ‘No way.'

“Where has her body been all this time?” Mark wondered

“In the tombs beneath my castle” Queen Taeyeon answered, “We felt that now that the rightful heir had reclaimed the throne it was only fair to bring her back home.”

For so many years he had wondered about his appearance, and he wasn’t sure if the description Hyun-woo and the Council was accurate and now he finally will get to see her. He felt his heart raced as if it was going to jump out of his chest.

“You don’t have to look at her now, little prince.” Lord Siwon said, he probably hear his racing heart.

Mark shaked his head, “No it’s okay.” He took his first steps to the coffin and it felt like an eternity before he reached the platform. His shoes crunched on the roses and slowly his eyes fell upon her. A woman with black medium length hair dressed in a red laced dress and red lipstick, with folded hands above a single white rose while she laid on a sea of red petals. She looked as if she was merely sleeping. 

He was wrong, the council and Hyun-woo description of his mother was 100% accurate and his previous mother was truly beautiful. He stared at her for a long time as a deep emotion swelled up inside him. This woman was his mother. Someone who loved him when she couldn’t even see him. He felt tears sting his eyes as he remembered that she will never wake up and they will never met.

Mark bowed his head to her whispering thanks as he did so a few drops of tears fell from his eyes and dropped on her face and lips. He sighed sadly as he gave his mother one final look. He came down from the platform and headed back to the others when he thought he heard a noise coming from behind him. That’s impossible. It was probably the rats, after all they were underground.

However it seemed the noise was also concerning the werewolf members of the Council, Hyun-woo and even Jaebum. Turning around his heart raced as he suddenly felt unable to breath. What the hell. 

A fair hand peeked out of the coffin before it had pulled up a body, everyone around him gasped while Mark dropped on his a. Was this some kind of joke? Were they playing a prank on him?Turning back to everyone, he knew it wasn’t as they all looked either shocked, completely dumbfounded. It wasn’t a trick, this is really happening.

“Mother?” 

Hyori stared at Mark with glowing red eyes and bared her fangs him, she jumped out of her coffin and ran down to Mark. Queen HyunA intercepted her and Hyori bit down on her neck, drinking her blood.

“All better Hyori?” Queen HyunA asked while patting her back after she felt Hyori had drink her fill. 

Hyori pulled away from Queen HyunA as she her lips. She looked around at everyone, “What’s going on? Why did I drink your blood? Who are some of these people?”

Queen HyunA smiled, “Why don’t you tell me?”

It took Hyori a moment to process some of the memories that raced through her and it would seem she finally got it when she fell to her knees. “Did I really die? Has it truly been 2,000 years?” She gasped. 

Queen HyunA and Queen Suzy kneeled down to pull Hyori up, “It was seem you need more time.” Queen Suzy said, “Let’s go upstairs and we’ll discuss everything.” The two Queen lead Hyori out of the room while the rest of the Council followed.

Mark was still on the floor when Jaebum picked him up carrying him bridal-style. He was still in shock and can barely register the feeling of being lifted. “What the just happened?” Youngjae wondered

“That is a good question.” Hyun-woo replied

“How is she aware of the time difference?” Jinyoung wondered

“When we, Vampires, drink other people's blood, we can see the memories of them.” Hyun-woo answered

“That is so cool.” Jackson gasped, “BamBam and Yugyeom are gonna be so mad when they find out they missed all this.” He mumbled

Coming back upstairs, several more gasps could be heard and it wasn’t long before the entire castle learned the truth that the Ancient Vampire Queen Lee Hyori had come back to life. The Council and Elders had all stood in one of the large living rooms with the guards crowding the doors staring at them in shock. Hyun-woo had to push them away so they could have some privacy. 

Queen Suzy, Queen HyunA and Hyori had sat in one of the couches while Jaebum had placed Mark in the couch across from them and sat with him along with Jinyoung, Jackson and Youngjae. Everyone else either sat in any available seats or just stood. The room was in completely silence.

“I have to say” Lord Shindong said trying to break the ice, “this not at all what we expected happen.”

King Taeyang snorted, “We didn’t expect anything happen.”

Hyori could only shake her head, “BoA she-she killed me. I trusted her and she killed me!” She said in fury. She then placed her hands on her stomach, “My baby! Don’t tell me he’s died too?!” She shrieked 

Everyone looked at each other; 2,000 years of Queen HyunA memories must be a lot for her since she has yet to remember her son. “Hyori, your son is here.” Queen Suzy said pointing to Mark.

Since he entered the room, Mark stayed quiet unsure of how to make of everything. Once Queen Suzy pointed to him, he looked up from the floor and looked at Hyori, “Uh h-hi?”

Hyori stared at Mark, “Yi-En?”

Mark nodded, “Uh-I heard so much about you.”

Hyori released a short laugh, “Oh my god, look at you. You look pretty good for a 2,000 year old.” She then gasped, covering , “Oh my goodness, I almost attacked you. I’m so sorry but I was running on instinct.”

Mark shaked his head, “It’s alright, I understand. Also I’m not 2,000 I’m only 20.”

Hyori gave a confused look, “I don’t understand.”

“Queen Hyori maybe you should take a moment to look through Queen HyunA memories.” Queen Chaerin suggested.

Hyori shaked her head, “I’ve tried but it’s just too much and most of it I just don’t understand.”

“Then perhaps you guys should tell her everything.” Jinyoung suggested and everyone agreed.

“I’m sorry, who are you?” Hyori asked Jinyoung.

“Oh I’m a friend of Mark, I mean Yi-En.” Jinyoung replied, realizing she might not know Mark name.

The Council then began to explain everything that has occurred since BoA killed her. Hyori emotions ranged from sadness to rage to happiness. When they finally finished, Hyori had her head on her hands. “Oh. My. Goodness. I can’t believe all that happened.”

“I know, the past 1,980 years was completely boring until Prince Mark was born.” Queen Suzy smirked

Hyori laughed and then looked up at Mark, “This must be so strange to you. You already seem to have a nice family and now-”

“This is a little strange but honestly I am happy that this happened.” Mark interrupted and Hyori looked up at him, “For so long I have wishing to meet you.”

Hyori eyes widened in surprised, “Really?”

Mark nodded, “The stories I heard about you made me so curious and however it became possible for you to come back, I’m grateful. I’m really glad your back, Mom.” He said with that winning smile.

Hyori smiled as tears sting her eyes. After hearing the entire story and hearing that her son was reborn in another family she suddenly felt like her existence was unnecessary. Yi-En has a wonderful family, he has a mate, he taken control of the Kingdom and already made contact with the Hunter leader which will eventually lead to the Unity Treaty being reinstated. Is there a reason for her to even be here? They don’t need her. Her son has already grown up to be all that she wanted. Yi-En doesn’t need her.

However once Yi-En spoke about him wish to meet her, she felt disbelief. Could he really be happy with her resurrection? From the look on his face, she had a feeling that everything he said was genuine. She couldn’t be happier about that. Even though she didn’t raise him or watch him grow like she wanted as least he still cares for her and wants to know her as much as she wants to know him.

“Okay I think the next thing we have to talk about is how the hell was Queen Hyori resurrected?” Lord Siwon wondered

“I can’t help but sense that you never planned on resurrecting me.” Hyori said with a small smile

“No offense, Hyori-nim but we didn’t think it was possible.” King Taeyang explained

“Exactly only-” Queen Taeyeon stopped and then her eyes widened, “Queen Hyori who is Prince Mark’s father?” She asked quickly

Hyori tilted her head, till a realization came on her face, “Oh right, I have Jia swear a vow of silence until I was ready to announce it. Yi-En your father is Song Joong-ki.”

The room was silent till Shin-dong spoke, “Song Joong-ki? Song Joong-ki?! Prince Mark’s father is Song Joong-ki?”

“You have no idea who Song Joong-ki is, do you?” Lord Daesung asked, crossing his arms

“Not a clue.” Shin-dong admitted and everyone rolled their eyes.

“Song Joong-ki was Jia’s half brother.” Lord G-Dragon revealed, and Mark gasped in this revelation.

“I didn’t know Queen Jia had a half-brother.” Queen Taeyeon said, surprised

“Well of course not, he was an abomination in the eyes of the Coven. I mean half witch and half vampire, it was unheard of at the time due to the fact that our people were still fighting each other.” Queen HyunA explained

“Not to mention he was a very troubling man, Hyori how could you even be with him?” Queen Suzy wondered

“It was an accident!” Hyori argued

Everyone gave her a confused look, “You know I never understood that. How on earth do you accidentally sleep with somebody?” Mark said and Jaebum shrugged.

“Okay now we know Prince Mark is half witch, but how does that explain Hyori-nim resurrection?” King Taeyang wondered.

It was quiet before Queen HyunA remembered something, “One of the abilities Jia mother had was healing, maybe it was passed onto Mark?” 

Queen Taeyeon gasped, “Of course, when a witch is overcome with emotion and a product of that falls on someone it could restore that being.”

“So you mean when I cried….” Mark began

“You brought your mother back to life.” Hyun-woo said finishing his sentence.

“Holy crap.” Youngjae mumbled

“BamBam and Yugyeom are really gonna be so pissed when they come back and realized they missed all of this.” Jackson snorted

“Well now your abilities make complete sense to us now and starting tomorrow you’ll start lessons on magic.” Hyun-woo said

Mark groaned, “Oh come on Hyun-woo.”

“Prince Mark from what we’ve seen you have a lot of magical power, it would benefit in the future as King to have a handle on your powers.” Queen Taeyeon said. Mark sighed but knew that she was right and had no choice but to agree.

“Wait is Mark soon to be King?” Jaebum wondered. With Hyori now alive, does that mean she will take the throne again? Everyone seemed to have the same thought and looked to Hyori.

“What? Did you want me to back on the throne?” She asked

“Honestly we aren’t sure.” Lord Seung-hyun said

“Well I’m in a new time period and this world that I have awaken from is mostly different than from 2,000 years ago. So it’s safe to assume I will be completely lost.” Hyori smirked. “Knowing you guys, you’ve probably trained Yi-En from birth on how to be King and with what you told me, it sounds like he will be a wonderful ruler. Yi-En should continue as King. I will merely be an advisor to help if I can.” 

Mark was shocked by her statement, because he assumed his mother would have wanted to be back on throne. However his shock turned into delight knowing that she will stay and guide him through his reign. He always dreamed of having her counsel and now it’s truly happening. Maybe she has some advice on how to turn the Hunters on their side.

“I would be happy to have you, Mother.” Mark smiled. Hyori heart leaped at hearing her son not only call her ‘mother’ but also to the fact that he wants her as an advisor. “But there’s one more thing I have to know. Where is my father?” Mark wondered

Those who came into authority after Hyori death, shrugged as they never heard of the man before but Hyori answered his question, “As Suzy said, your father was a troubling man and as punishment for his horrible tricks he was sent into Dimension 9 to jail but he escaped and disappeared somewhere in Dimension 3.”

Jaebum, Youngjae, Jackson and Jinyoung stared unblinking at Hyori words, “There’s actually other dimensions?” Jaebum mumbled

“Well yeah” Mark said as if it was common knowledge.

“Excuse you, if we haven’t forgotten we just learned supernaturals existed four months ago. No one updated us on what was fact or still a myth.” Jinyoung huffed with mock offense. Mark giggled as he leaned against Jinyoung’s body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just as Jackson said, Yugyeom and BamBam were very pissed when they come back and found out everything they had missed. They made Mark promised to wait for them next time anything like this were to ever happen. Mark agreed but they all knew that it was impossible for that to happen.

News of Hyori resurrection spread throughout the supernatural world as well as news of Mark being the one to bring her to life with his abilities. The reputation of the Vampire Kingdom increased tenfold and the council guessed that other beings would probably think twice before thinking of touching the young vampire prince.

A month passed and soon Mark’s coronation would take place. His family were flown weeks before the coronation and were ecstatic to not only see the castle but also meet Jaebum. However you can imagine their surprise when they were greeted by Hyori. Mark wasn’t sure if his two mothers would get along but he was pleased to see that he was wrong and that if anything Mama Tuan thanked Hyori for Mark even though the circumstance wasn’t great. 

While his siblings toured around the city, his parents mostly stayed in the castle to give Hyori a detailed story of his life. They even went as far as to make one of his witch guards to create a portal to L.A so they could grab every photo album and tapes of him. While he groaned watching his clumsy younger self, he couldn’t help but smile as he watched Hyori reaction. 

It was obvious that she wished she could have experience being a mother first hand but watching the tapes of him, settled her wish to at least seen him as a child. He was happy that Mama Tuan could at least provide that for Hyori. 

Mark’s coronation was a grand celebration, the council really went to town with it. Mark was dressed in a red and black suit as he walked down the aisle of the throne room. Hyori was at the platform with Hyun-woo who was currently holding his crown on a black pillow and his robe. The crown was completely all black with silver and red jewels decorating it. 

Once Mark got up the steps and stood on the platform where he cited his vows to the vampires, his Kingdom and the council. Hyori made him kneel as she took the crown from Hyun-woo and place it on Mark’s head. She then took the robe and draped it on his shoulders, she gave him her hand and as he took it he rose and walked over to the throne and stood in front of it.

In a clear and bold voice Hyun-woo shouted, “All hail to our King Yi-En Mark Tuan!”

The audience responded, “Hail to King Yi-En!”

There was a reception after the coronation but Mark chose to retire to his room. He dropped on bed and let out a huge sigh. He heard the door open but he didn’t have to open his eyes to see who it was. “How could the new King not go to his own coronation party?” Jaebum smiled

“I’m the King and I do whatever the hell I want.” Mark said

Jaebum laughed, “Only been King for an hour and already being irresponsible.”

Mark huffed as he sat up, “That’s what they get for putting a twenty year old on the throne.”

Jaebum grinned as he pulled Mark up to him, “You looked amazing today and it made me smile at the fact that this was the man I would be spending the rest of my life with.”

Mark blushed but his head shot up when he heard the whole sentence, “What?”
“Mark I don’t think I can ever see myself with anyone else but course I haven’t. Not since that day the four of us went out and being mates made it clear that you and I were made for each other.”

Mark gasped silently, “Does that mean…?”

“Yes I want to complete the mating ritual with you. Do you want to?” Mark nodded, too speechless to speak, “I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” Mark whispered. The two leaned their heads in together and kissed each other slowly and gently as if it was their first. However just like the first night they confessed, they missed the dazzlingly display of the stars in the night as the moon glowed brightly shining down the couple. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Epilogue

“And the Vampire King and the werewolf knight lived happily ever after.” 

“Grandpa, again.” The little girl with fairy pajamas begged with pleading eyes with the covers tucked under her chin.

The man with gray hair and beard smiled at his granddaughter, “Sorry Rena but it’s way pass your bedtime.”

“Aww, Pappy Jackie would let me stay up.” Rena pouted

Jinyoung laughed, “And that’s exactly why I’m the one putting you to sleep tonight.” He leaned down and kissed Rena. “Goodnight, little one.”

Rena yawned, “Goodnight Grandpa.” Her eyes slowly closed and within minutes she fell asleep. Jinyoung got up, her nightlight and closed the door.

Jinyoung groaned silently as he slowly went down the stairs one at a time, and walked towards the living room, “You’re getting old, Jinyoungie.”

Jinyoung scoffed at his intruder, “Shut up Jaebum-hyung, not all of us can be 25 forever.” He sighed. Mark had stopped aging at 25 and being mates caused Jaebum to stop at 25 as well, not as if anyone could tell. Mark would always look younger than how he appeared and as a werewolf, Jaebum age had slowed down making him look as if he was 23.

Jaebum laughed, “Youngjae is.”

Jinyoung snorted, “Youngjae made his choice but I like how I am.”

Jaebum nodded; due to the groups match-making skills Youngjae finally fell in love with someone. Im Yoona is a very beautiful elf and a personality to match. She and Youngjae were practically made for each other. Along with studying music he was also study magic with Yoona and it came to be a surprise to the other six as they always assumed either BamBam or Yugyeom would be interested in the supernatural world. But since graduating those two have either busy with each other or their careers.

Elves, anyways, have a very long life expectancy as their aging process was extremely slow and Yoona was still in her early twenties. After becoming a successful songwriter and singer and getting married, Youngjae ultimately chose to step down as a singer and just worked as songwriter hiding away from the public. He under-what through the de-aging and life long spell with Queen Taeyeon and Queen Suzy to stay young and live as long as Yoona so the two would be happy together. They just recently celebrated their 33rd wedding anniversary although in the eyes of the public they’re a young married couple.

“So did you break into my home just to chat?” Jinyoung wondered, although it wouldn’t be the first time this has happened.

Jaebum just shrugged, “I was on my way to pick up some food for Mark and I thought to make a detour here. I haven’t seen you guys in while, how have you and Jackson been?”

Jinyoung walked over to his couch and dropped himself on the chair, “He’s fine, we’re fine. You know he just opened his own fencing school in the area.” Jinyoung and Jackson got married in their mid-twenties and still going strong 40 years later.

Jaebum nodded, “Yeah I know but it amazes me that he still has enough energy to do that when he’s also working as a health teacher.”

“I think Youngjae’s been smuggling him some of his energy potions.” Jinyoung shrugged

Jaebum snorted, “You make it sound like he’s doing something illegal.”

Jinyoung shaked his head, “No not illegal just cheating. Other sixty-five year old men are walking around with canes while he still doing back flips.” He laughed, “Our sons, Doyoung and Felix have trouble keeping up with him. Because of magic potions our 30 and 25 year old boy’s can’t keep with their 65 year old father.”

“That’s the power of magic.”

Jinyoung just shaked his head, “So what about you and your husband?”

Jaebum smiled as he thought of his husband of 44 years, “He’s good but that’s mostly because he’s on bedrest and making all the guards do nightly errands for him.” Jaebum had noticed that Mark was exhausting himself over the Hunters. Even though they finally signed the Unity Treaty 10 years ago, they still have some Hunters stuck in the old ways of killing every supernatural. 

Jinyoung raised an eyebrow, “Shouldn’t that be your job?”

“Hey some nights he wants authentic Philly cheesesteak or Chicago-style pizza. I can’t go to States and comeback in an hour but our other guards can.” Jaebum defended.

Jinyoung sighed, “I can’t believe you knocked him up again. What is this your 15th kid?”

Jaebum narrowed his eyes, “First of all, I can’t help it. He’s too y to be left alone.” Jinyoung gagged. “Second of all” Jaebum continued, “what kind of uncle are you that you can’t keep count of your nieces and nephews? Third, this is number 14.”

“Oh please he looks like he’s having twins, again.” Jinyoung snorted, remembering the last time he saw Mark.

“Yah, don’t let him hear you say that. You know how insecure he get’s when he’s pregnant.” Jaebum frowned. “The last thing South Korea needs is another Tsunami heading this way. I don’t think the council can handle knocking a wave that big again.”

“I’m pretty sure your super-powered kids can do it.” Jinyoung smiled

“Nope number 1 to 9 went away for trip in another dimension and 10 to 13 are still too young to do that.” Jaebum sighed

“Jaebum-hyung how do you not know your kids names?”

“I know it but it’s better to just call them their number.” 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “Anyways, are you going to BamBam’s fashion show in France next week?”

“Yeah, I gotta pick up Yugyeom in England since he just opened another dance school there.”

“I always knew those two would make it big but I think Youngjae’s smuggling them some energy potions as well.” Jinyoung frowned

Jaebum groaned, “Would you let that go already?”

“It’s not natural for bunch of sixty year olds to have this much energy also why the hell aren’t I getting any?” 

Of course that’s what this is all about. “You’re a lawyer what the hell do you need magical energy potions for?”

“Some cases are tougher than others. Plus I’m taking care of my granddaughter so I need as much energy as those maknae’s.”

Jaebum rolled his eyes, “Fine I’ll drop Youngjae hints that you want some of those potions too.” He turned to leave.

Jinyoung grinned, “Thank you.”

Just before he reached the door, he turned back to Jinyoung, “By the way, why do you tell your grandkid about me and Mark?”

Jinyoung smiled as he shrugged, “What can I say it’s a beautiful love story for all generations and genders.”

“Okay but werewolf knight?” Jaebum said with a raised eyebrow

“Sounds better.”

Jaebum laughed quietly, “Take care of yourself Jinyoung.”

Jinyoung merely smiled, “See ya, werewolf knight.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Jaebum returned to the castle with bags of food, he found his husband in the living room talking with Hyori while she was held their daughter, Jinsoul on her lap. Jaebum could feel Def swell with pride at seeing their mate heavy with child, even though this is Mark’s 11th pregnancy (being two of them was of him carrying twins), apparently the wolf could never get tired of seeing him like that. 

Jaebum was sure that the two adults already sensed his presence way before he entered in room but his daughter was the first one to acknowledged him. “Papa!” She cried and jumped off Hyori lap to ran to Jaebum who placed the bags on a nearby table and pick up the five year-old child.

“Hi number 12, what are you doing still awake?” Jaebum wondered as he placed Jinsoul on his hip.

“I wanted to wait up for you.” She laughed 

“Aww that’s sweet of you, hun but it’s time for little werewolves to go bed.” Jaebum said as he gently bopped her nose. Jinsoul face immediately turned into a pout as Jaebum carried her over to where Mark and Hyori was sitting. He kissed the side of Mark’s head before greeting Hyori, “Hi, Hyori I didn’t know you were in town.”

A year after Mark’s coronation, Hyori decided to travel to the other dimensions to find Mark’s father, Song Joong-ki as it seemed right that the man should know he has a child. It’s been over forty years and she has yet to find him. “Yes I wanted to visit my lovely grandchildren but of course I’m kinda sad only three of them are here.” She sighed.

“Mother, they’ll be back in a week.” Mark said sounding as if he had repeated this to her multiple time.

Hyori sighed, “Fine. Come on Jinsoul, now that your Father is back let’s go to bed.” 

Jinsoul looked sad as Hyori took her in her arms, “Good night Papa, night Daddy.”

“Night sweetie.” Mark smiled as the two walked away.

“Good night number 12.” 

Mark gave a look to Jaebum, “Jaebummie, stop numbering our kids.”

“Yeah sorry baby but after number 8 and 9, I had no choice.” Jaebum shrugged

“And who’s fault was it that I had twins?” Mark snorted

“Yours for being too damn y.” Jaebum smiled as kissed Mark’s cheek again.

“Shut up” Mark blushed, even after forty years he could handle Jaebum’s compliments especially he looks like a walrus.

“You still hungry baby?” Jaebum said ignoring Mark’s comment.

“No you took too long, so Jihyo got me New York styled cheesecake.” Jihyo was one of the witch guards that opened the portals to retrieve Mark’s out of the country food craving’s.

“Mkay I’ll put the food in the fridge for later.” 

Jaebum was just about to get up to do that when Hyun-woo appeared out of nowhere, “It’s fine I’ll do it. Good night, Your Majesty, good night Jaebum-nim.” He said as he took the bags from where Jaebum dropped it and left the living room.

“What the hell? Was he in this room the entire time?” Jaebum wondered

Mark shaked his head, “No he was next door.”

Jaebum sighed, even after all this time Hyun-woo remains loyal to Mark. Jaebum figured the man would retire but it would seem that he stay by Mark’s side till he dies. Well he can’t complain as long as Hyun-woo is around, Lord Top wouldn’t be able to try anything with Mark. 
Still after forty years, that damn vampire still tries to captures Mark’s heart. They’re married and have fourteen kids when will he quit?! Jaebum knows the man has taken many lovers but it seems Lord Top will forever try to get Mark. Damn vampire.

Mark shuffled himself up and off the couch, “Ready to go to bed love?” Mark nodded and waddled himself to their bedroom. Of course, like always Mark got tired and Jaebum happily carried him to their room. After removing his shoes, Mark got on bed and rearranged the many pillows on their king size bed to make himself comfortable. 

“So where were you all this time?” Mark wondered

“I went to visit Jinyoung.” Jaebum replied as he quickly changed his clothes for bed.

“Oh how is he?” It’s been a month since he last saw Jinyoung. With meetings, conferences and then being put on bedrest he wasn’t able to see much of his friends.

“He complained about Youngjae giving everyone his energy potions except him but other than that, he’s fine.” Jaebum replied

Mark smirked, same old Jinyoung. “I guess they still don’t know that Youngjae put a little life lasting in those potions.”

Jaebum shaked his head, “Jinyoung would flip out.” Jinyoung was adamant on aging without any magical assistance.

“Can’t blame Youngjae though.” Mark sighed, Jinyoung, BamBam, Jackson and Yugyeom were all in their sixties and even though it’s early in their old age, they could still be taken away. It’s inevitable and it would only be a matter of time before Youngjae, Mark and Jaebum will be the only one’s left till their time but that’s not for another couple thousand years. The couple can’t blame Youngjae for being selfish in wanting their friends to live longer.

“Let’s not think about this now, we still have some more time with them.” Jaebum said, Mark nodded as he his side facing Jaebum and placed a pillow between his large belly and Jaebum’s. Jaebum kissed Mark’s lips before laying a hand on his belly in a soothing motion. The baby stirred slightly meaning it must be asleep. 

Mark closed his eyes and began to settled into sleep but then Jaebum spoke, “Hey did you know Jinyoung tells his granddaughter our life as a bedtime story?”

Mark opened his eyes and furrowed his brows, “Seriously? Why?”

“He said it’s a beautiful love story for all generations and genders.” Jaebum snorted

Mark shaked his head, “I don’t know about that.”

“I don’t know, I think our story is beautiful.”

Mark looked at him, “Really?” He whispered, feeling himself tear up. Damn pregnancy hormones.

“Yeah, after all we are soulmates. We were made for each other.”