Chapter 8

A 'Shifter's Story

They soon made it back to the pack house, with Haechan dragging Mark out to meet them. "Hey hyung!" Said Haechan. "Hey Mark, Haechan," said Daniel. "Here," he said, throwing a bag at Haechan who yelled in joy before running back inside, leaving Mark to stand there and shake his head in amusement. "Well, your coven mates went hunting," he said to Rowoon. "Oh, they did?" Asked Rowoon. Mark nodded. "I was going to wait on you so if you want to hunt let's go," he said. Rowoon turned to Daniel who shrugged. "Your choice," said Daniel. "I'll get everything inside don't worry," he said. Rowoon nodded and went hunting with Mark. Daniel went to unpack the jeep and head inside to start a load of laundry.

"Did he behave himself while you were in NYC?" Asked Jaehyun as he went into the laundry room. "Yeah," said Daniel. "He's been understanding towards how we handle things as vampire hunters," he said. "That's good at least," said Jaehyun. Daniel nodded as he put his clothes in the washer.

"I'm surprised you didn't burn down the house," he said, snickering some. "I'm not that bad of a cook," Jaehyun said, scowling. "Yes he is," Johnny said, snickering as he stood in the doorway. "Come on now," whined Jaehyun. "And I'm the baby brother here," Daniel said, laughing some. "Wonpil went out to explore a little, I figured I'd let you and your vampires know," said Johnny as he shrugs. Daniel nodded and closed the lid to the washer. "Mark is out there too, I'm sure he'll keep them in line," he said. Johnny nodded and left the room.

"Where'd Taeil go?" Asked Daniel as he turned to Jaehyun. "Long term mission over in Africa," said Jaehyun as he shrugs. "He prefers to do them alone but," he said, sighing. "He does send updates every couple days though," he said. "Yuta and Winwin are dying for a mission, you know they hate being cooped up in the house," he said. "Well, I take mine as I get them, I'll take them along next time they get theirs," said Daniel. He headed to his room with Jaehyun going into the livingroom.

Rowoon came back after a couple hours with Wonpil and the others, Wonpil going straight to his and Jaehyun's room while Mark took Zuho and Chani into his room. Rowoon was left to go to Daniel's room where Daniel was watching a movie on his laptop that was connected to the TV he had in his room. "Hey there," said Daniel as he spotted Rowoon. "Hey," said Rowoon as he went to sit beside Daniel.

"How was the hunts?" Asked Daniel. "Eh," said Rowoon as he shrugs. "We were messing around really," he said. "Apparently Wonpil was lost when we found him because he was pretty far from home," he said. "We took him back though," he said. "I heard earlier," said Daniel as he shook his head. "Had Jaehyun yelling in disbelief," he said, laughing some. "Well, it's a pretty large area of land to cover," Rowoon said with a chuckle.

"When we were down in the subway station," Daniel started, trying to find his words. "Did you know him?" He asked, turning to Rowoon. "I knew his coven," said Rowoon as he shrugs. "They hunt humans but," he said, sighing. "Not a large coven by any means, at least compared to the Italian coven," he said. "They were the ones who used to live in Washington State," he said. "Ah, the ones the 'shifter dogs decided to run out?" Asked Daniel. Rowoon nodded. "They're just nomads now," he said, shrugging.

"Was your coven large?" Asked Daniel. "The one that was killed off? Eh, not really," said Rowoon. "There were 7 of us," he said. "I had a little brother, we were turned hours apart apparently," he said, shrugging. "It's nothing now, I'm glad I got my revenge," he said. "Who was the hunter that killed off your entire coven?" Asked Daniel. "I don't remember," said Rowoon. "I know he was brought to me blindfolded along with his mate and I killed off their mate in revenge," he said.

"That sounds like what happened with me," mumbled Daniel. "It could happen to anyone, you probably weren't the first to have that happen to you," said Rowoon. "Probably," said Daniel as he sighed. "Well," he said, getting up and going to pause the movie. "I'm going to shower and I'll be back in a bit," he said. Rowoon nodded and played on his phone for a little bit.

Rowoon could see the hunter being brought to him. Along with his mate. "Good job Taeyang," he said, smirking some. "Didn't take them long to find us," said Taeyang as he sneered. "Daniel do something!" Screamed the woman. "Ah ah," said Rowoon as he went up to the woman and tilted her head up. "You killed off my coven, now I get to exact my revenge," he said, turning to Daniel and walking over to him as he struggled with his restraints.

"It's a shame, I really wanted to see your mate alive and well after this but you broke a promise Daniel," he said, getting close to his ear. "Let her go!" Snarled out Daniel as he struggled with his restraints. "Alas I can't Daniel," Rowoon purred before moving away and turning to Taeyang. "Kill her," he commanded. "No!" Screamed Daniel. "With pleasure," said Taeyang as he attacked the human girl that was Daniel's mate.


Rowoon was taken out of the memory when Daniel came back into the room, dressed in a tshirt and a pair of shorts. "Ah, distracted much?" Asked Daniel as he chuckled some. Rowoon scratched the back of his head. "I guess," he said, turning his attention back to his phone. "Well, let's continue the movie then," said Daniel as he unpaused the movie and went to lay down beside Rowoon.

After the movie Rowoon turned his head to see Daniel fast asleep. He chuckled some and got up, going to turn off the tv and shut down the laptop before going to move Daniel to where he was laying under the blankets. He then got into bed and laid there, staring up at the ceiling and thinking again about that day, wondering where his baby brother was now.