Chapter 1

A 'Shifter's Story

Daniel was just getting done with killing his latest vampire, snorting and rubbing his snout with his paw. The constant nagging in the back of his mind of kill kill kill finally faded away to a dull ache in the back of his mind. Mark had come with him on this hunt to distract the vampire Daniel had been assigned to as he tossed a pair of clothes in Daniel's direction. Daniel changed back and put the clothes on as Mark went to get the item required.

"You know," said Daniel once he was dressed. "I don't understand how you can sit there and watch me kill your own kind," he said. Mark snorts. "I'm just doing what I do," he said. "Besides, you do this to get back at the vampire who killed your mate right?" He asked. Daniel nodded. "I don't know why I didn't kill them back then but I want to get my revenge," he said.

"Do you even remember who they were?" Asked Mark as they headed out to the Jeep. "No, but I know their voice," said Daniel as he scratched the back of his head. "Ah, that's why it took you up to this point and you still haven't found them yet," said Mark. "It's not like I don't remember that time," Daniel said sighing. "No issues there," said Mark. "Let's get this turned in and we can go home," he said. Daniel threw the item into the bag they were using to store each item from the hunts before he got into the driver's seat. Mark got into the passenger seat and Daniel started the Jeep before driving off, heading to Boston.

"Oh, hey guys," said Minho as he opened the door to Joshua's pack house. "Done with missions?" He asked. "Yeah," said Mark. "Mind if we stay for a couple days?" He asked. "Sure," said Minho. "Though it would've been nice to get a warning ahead of time," he said, scratching the back of his head. "Who's at the door?" Called Minhyuk. "Daniel and Mark," Minho called back. "Yeah let them in," called Minhyuk. Minho nodded and let them in.

"How long are you staying?" Asked Minhyuk. "A couple days, Mark hunted already so," Daniel said, shrugging. "A deer," Mark said, shrugging. "Okay," said Minhyuk. "You two can have the room upstairs at the end of the hall on the right," he said. Daniel nodded and went to get their things before going to get settled down and text Jaehyun telling him that they were in Boston for the next couple days.

"I think he was gonna say no," Mark said suddenly as he played a game on his phone after laying down in bed. Daniel snorts. "It's a good thing Minhyuk and Joshua knew who we were," he said. "If they weren't here well," he said, shrugging as he laid down beside Mark and checked his text messages.

"Who do you know here?" Asked Mark. "Other than Minhyuk and Joshua? Dowoon, Wonwoo, Mingyu, Ryeowook and Siwon," said Daniel. "The others must've been out on missions because the house is empty except for those two," said Mark. "Joshua works at the bank, Dowoon and Wonwoo went to visit Sungjin, and Mingyu, Ryeowook and Siwon went to get dinner," said Daniel as he showed the text he was just sent. "Also DK and Minghao are in their room," he said. "Mm," said Mark.

They were called down to dinner a couple hours later, though Mark respectively declined a plate of food. "Oh, hey Daniel," said Joshua. "Hi there," said Daniel. "Missions?" Asked Joshua as he noticed Mark. Daniel nodded. "No worries," said Joshua. "You're turning in your missions tomorrow right?" He asked. "Yeah," said Daniel. "We'll be out of your hair after tomorrow, Mark wanted to get some shopping done before we returned home," he said.

"No need to hurry," said Joshua. "I know you might feel uncomfortable here but," he said, shrugging. "You're welcome here as long as nothing goes wrong," he said. "Can't kill a 'shifter's mate," said Daniel. "I think you know that law very well," he said. Joshua lightly tilted his head to the side. "I guess I do," he said. The atmosphere started to become tense as both Joshua and Daniel seemed to have a staring contest, each daring each other to make one wrong move.

It was broken by Ryeowook and Mark pulling them both away from each other. "Well, two main alphas in the same house is going to be a problem it seems," said Ryeowook. Daniel snorts. "I'm not the main alpha of my pack though, Jaehyun is," he said. "You have the alpha genes," said Joshua as he shrugs. "It passed down to Ryeowook too but since I'm older well," he said, shrugging.

"We'll be out of your hair in the next couple days," Daniel said again as he sat down to eat dinner with the others in the livingroom while Mark sat in the loveseat and played on his phone. "No worries," said Joshua. "Take your time," he said. "Just keep a leash on your friend here," said Mingyu as he didn't look up from eating. "Don't want any accidents happening," he said.

"Is that a challenge puppy?" Mark asked, a small hiss escaping him. "Mark," warned Daniel. "Mingyu, leave him be," said Ryeowook. "Don't want our guests thrown out onto the streets do you?" He asked. Mingyu sighed, shaking his head. "Good," said Ryeowook as he went back to eating.

"This isn't going to end very well," grumbled Mark as he went to help Daniel wash dishes. "Well, we need to keep ourselves behaved," said Daniel. "They welcome any vampire hunters to this place but we need to respect the fact that it is still their pack house," he said. "Just keep it cool and we'll be gone in the next couple days," he said. Mark nodded.

They were left alone that night, which was a welcome sight to the both of them. "I need to hunt as soon as we get home," Mark said, sighing. "Well, I need to keep tracking down that vampire," said Daniel. "Moonbin's been helping but," he said, sighing a bit.

"I could help you know," said Mark. "And get Haechan on me for getting you in more danger than usual? No thanks," said Daniel. "I'm surprised he even lets you go with me on these hunts," he grumbled. "Eh," said Mark.