Chapter 7

A 'Shifter's Story

Daniel went to kill his vampire the next day, bringing Rowoon along. "Here's what Mark did," he said, walking with Rowoon to the subway station. "He'd spot the vampire and distract them, striking up a random conversation with them and then I'll sneak up and kill them," he said. Rowoon nodded. "I know there might be a chance that you know this person, it's certainly a possibility, but my vampire is still out there and I want revenge," said Daniel. "No problem," said Rowoon.

They reached the subway station and Daniel bought a ticket for the subway before heading down with Rowoon following after him. Daniel hung back while Rowoon stood on the platform, the both of them pretending not to know each other.

"Rowoon? It's been a long time," came a voice. Rowoon turned towards the voice. "Ah, hello Hoya," he said. "What brings you to NYC? Decided to stop being vegan?" Asked Hoya. "Give or take," said Rowoon as he shrugs. "I heard you left Sunggyu and the rest of them," he said. "Yeah," said Hoya. "I got myself on the list, wanted to protect them," he said. "How thoughtful," said Rowoon as he nodded.

Daniel listened to the conversation as he nodded slightly. This wasn't his vampire. No such luck. He turned to Hoya and walked over. "Well, since you know you're on the list, do you want to die now?" He asked. "Ah, I thought I smelled a polar bear in the subway," said Hoya as he turned to Daniel. "Why not," he said, shrugging. Daniel threw his clothes off and changed before quickly attacking Hoya, dealing a fatal blow. Rowoon turned away as the body turned to ashes.

Daniel snorts and moved the ashes around with his paw and finding the object he needed and pushed it towards Rowoon who turned and bent and picked it up. He turned around to let Daniel change and put some clothes on before handing the cross to Daniel. "Huh, must be a personal item," said Daniel as he examined the cross. He went over and grabbed the bag to put the stuff they got from missions in before slinging it over his shoulder. "Ready?" He asked. Rowoon nodded and left the subway station with Daniel.

"How the hell did Mark endure this?" Asked Rowoon as they headed back to the apartment building. "I dunno," said Daniel. "He always said he was doing what he usually did so," he said, shrugging. "I don't know what he meant by that but," he said, sighing a bit. "Let's get food and go turn this in," he said. "You and your stomach," Rowoon said with a snicker. Daniel grinned before heading to Subway to get something quick. After devouring a loaded cheese steak sandwich, two bags of Doritos and a Dr. Pepper to go they headed down to the bank to turn in their kill.

"Mind staying out here?" Asked Daniel once they reached the bank. "Ah, sure?" Asked Rowoon. "It's nothing personal but," Daniel said, shrugging. "Just to er, keep things from getting out of hand in there," he said. Rowoon nodded. "No worries," he said. Daniel nodded. "Behave yourself," he said before going inside the bank.

Rowoon hummed to himself as he waited for Daniel, spotting Yoongi and Daehyun. "Ah, hello Rowoon," said Yoongi. "Yoongi," said Rowoon. "Where's Daniel?" Asked Daehyun. "Turning in his mission," said Rowoon. "He told me to wait outside so," he said, shrugging. Yoongi nodded and headed into the bank with Daehyun.

Daniel came outside, still holding his Dr. Pepper as he spotted Rowoon. "I see you met up with Yoongi," he said. "They were going in while I was waiting on you," said Rowoon. "I know, they told me," said Daniel. "Well, ready? I want to go to Times Square to see the Toys R Us," he said. "Did Haechan ask for something?" Asked Rowoon. Daniel nodded, chuckling some. "Let's go then," said Rowoon. Daniel nodded and they headed to Times Square.

Daniel went into Toys R Us and ran around like a kid in a candy store. Rowoon was left to wander around for a little bit, going to the electronics section to see what they had for video games.

He was still browsing the section when Daniel came over with a bag of stuff. "Got what you needed?" Asked Rowoon as he turned to Daniel. "Yep," said Daniel as he grinned. "Let's go, I'm hungry," he said. "Again?" Rowoon said, sighing dramatically. "Let's go eat then," he said before leaving the store with Daniel following after him.

After stopping by McDonalds to get Daniel's usual, they headed home. "We'll head home now if you want," he said. "Eh, it's up to you," said Rowoon. "I'm not in a hurry to get home," he said. "Not feeling thirsty?" Asked Daniel. "No, not right now," said Rowoon as he shrugs. "Alright, it's time to get packed I guess," said Daniel as they reached the apartment building. They went to pack up their things and bring it down to the jeep. Rowoon made sure the apartment was in order before they left, with Daniel texting Daehyun and Yoongi telling them that they were heading home. Daniel then texted Jaehyun saying they were on the way home as he got into the Jeep with Rowoon getting in the passenger seat. After making sure that everything was in order and Daniel had his first bite of burger Daniel started the jeep and headed home.

"They seemed nice," said Rowoon as he looked out the window. "Yoongi and Daehyun? They're used to me bringing Mark along so," Daniel said, shrugging. "They tolerate it," he said. "But they respect your decision to be a vegetarian," he said. "It's a long drive back home," he said as he leaned back in his seat, sighing a bit. "We'll manage," said Rowoon as he chuckled some. "Yeah, you're not the driver," Daniel muttered, causing Rowoon to laugh.