Chapter 3

A 'Shifter's Story

Jaehyun came outside as soon as Daniel arrived with Mark. Woojin and Hongseob came out to greet them, though Woojin was the only one who understood the look of determination in Daniel's eyes.

"What the hell did you get yourself into this time?" Asked Woojin. "Well," said Daniel. "I had an encounter with a vampire who knew the vampire who killed my mate," he said. "Well, this is interesting news," said Woojin. "Why are they contacting you now?" He asked. "Especially after years of escaping your grasp," he said. "I don't know," said Daniel.

"Ah, Jaehyun," said Mark as he scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Do you mind if a coven of 3 come visit? They're erm, vegetarians," he said. "You couldn't've warned me first?" Asked Jaehyun. "We had to rush home because of the vampire that had passed on this message to Daniel, sue me," grumbled Mark.

"Who are they?" Asked Jaehyun. "Chani, Zuho and Rowoon," said Mark. "They'll behave, they just want to stop by and catch up for like a day," he said. "Their leader?" Asked Jaehyun. "Chani," said Mark. "You'll know them by Zuho's bright red hair," he said. "And Chani's orange hair, which I still don't know why they decided to dye their hair those colors but," he said, shrugging. "Alright," Jaehyun said after a couple minutes of thinking.

"What's happening?" Asked Hongseob. "Mark's friends are coming over," said Woojin. "Oh, I really need to work on my English," Hongseob said, scratching the back of his head. "Can't be as bad as Youngjae and Jooheon are with their Korean," Woojin said with a snicker. Hongseob chuckled some. "I need to work on mine," Daniel said, sighing a bit. "Hey, at least you can hold a conversation," said Woojin. "They still can't even do that? What the hell has Kisu been doing?" Daniel asked, laughing some.

"Well this is awkward," said Mark. "Indeed," said Jaehyun. "Sorry," Daniel said, chuckling some. "Let's get unpacked and prepare for our visitors," he said, going to get their things from the Jeep. Mark rushed to help.

Haechan dragged Mark into their room once Mark was done helping putting things away while Daniel went to do his laundry. Mark would do his later, so he just threw all his clothes into the washer.

"What brings you to the states anyway?" Asked Daniel as Woojin entered the laundry room. "Kisu, well Jisung, asked to check up on you," said Woojin. "I see," said Daniel. "He wanted to make sure you were okay," said Woojin. "You three seemed close prior to your departure to the states," he said. "Ah," said Daniel as he smiled slightly. "I told them about my past, it's different for them I guess," he said. "But I understand why they'd check up on me," he said, turning to the washer and checking on the status of his clothes before checking his phone for anything new. "But really," he said, looking up from his phone. "What brings you to the states? We all know you're strictly a European/Asian vampire hunter," he said.

Woojin turned serious as he tilted his head to the side slightly. "There's word of a rather large coven of vampires occupying the states right now," he said in Japanese in case people were eavesdropping. "Rumor has it that one of them might be your vampire," he said. Daniel narrowed his eyes.

"Well, this is different," he said in Japanese. "What's the cause of this?" He asked. "Apparently Italy's not accepting anymore vampires so any more Italy runs are now being held in the states," said Woojin. "As soon as we can pinpoint their exact location," he said. "Woojin, this isn't Italy, you have thousands of miles of surface to cover to find these guys," said Daniel.

"I swear to god if this ends up being the siege of Boston again," he said, a growl escaping him. "Hush," said Woojin. "We have this covered but you need to be careful, especially now with that message you were given," he said. "I know you want revenge but I need Mark's help on this one," he said. "He'd know who these guys are," he said. "Ask him yourself," said Daniel. "If I get involved Haechan's not going to be happy," he said.

They both look towards the doorway where Jaehyun knocked on the door frame. "Er, I hope I wasn't intruding on anything important," said Jaehyun. "No," said Daniel as he turned back to the washer and started moving his clothes to the dryer. "What's up hyung?" He asked. "Well for one," said Jaehyun as he tilted his head to the side. "I do speak Japanese," he said in Japanese. "But," he said. "If what you are saying is true we need to be extra careful then," he said. Woojin nodded.

"Where's Wonpil?" Daniel asked, speaking in English now. "Livingroom watching a movie with Yuta and Winwin," said Jaehyun as he shrugs. "Came to tell you that dinner will be ready in an hour," he said before leaving the laundry room. "Is there anything your brother can't do?" Asked Woojin. "Cook," Daniel said with a snicker. "I heard that!" Came Jaehyun's voice.

"But in all seriousness," Daniel said, returning to speaking Japanese. "I'll keep an eye out and ask Mark about this," he said. "I don't want to catch him in the crossfire," said Woojin as he put his hands in his pockets. "So if he wants to get involved it will probably end up with a death wish," he said. "Not everyone knows 'shifter law, this is going to get rather difficult," he said. After a bit they left the laundry room, Daniel going into the kitchen to see if Jaehyun needed help and Woojin to go find Mark and talk to him.

After dinner Woojin and Hongseob ended up in Daniel's room since it was the only room free. "Well, let's see how this goes then," said Woojin. "Hopefully nothing goes wrong yet," he said. Daniel hummed in response as he pulled out the second bed from under his bed. "There's your bed for the night," he said. "Get comfortable," he said before going into the bathroom to take a shower.