Bonus Chapter: The Adoption

A 'Shifter's Story

"Wait, you're actually considering adopting?" Asked Jaehyun as he saw Jisoo and Daniel browse through adoption papers. "Got a problem?" Asked Daniel as he glanced up at Jaehyun. "No no, it'd be nice to have a kid around," said Jaehyun as he smiled some. "I think mom and dad would be proud," he said.

"Thanks bro," said Daniel as he gave a sincere smile, getting up and hugging Jaehyun. Jaehyun froze before returning the hug, laughing some. "No problem," he said. Daniel grinned and moved away, grabbing Jisoo by the hand and dragging her out the door after grabbing his phone, car keys, and wallet.

"Little did they know," said Daniel as he got in the driver's seat of the jeep with Jisoo got into the passenger seat. "We're getting a puppy!" Said Jisoo as she giggled. Daniel nodded and started the jeep, heading to the animal shelter.

"We need to find one who's not scared," said Jisoo. "Ah yeah, they'd need to be used to us before they can meet the others," said Daniel as he drove. "I'd also rather find one with no name," he said. "I think it'd be easier anyway," he said. Jisoo nodded in agreement. "Let's go see if we can find a pup for us," said Daniel as he smiled. They soon reached the shelter and went to see the dogs.

After going through about 20 dogs the attendant finally came out with a beautiful border collie puppy with blue eyes."Ah, he's so beautiful," gushed Jisoo as she went up to the pup. It looked up at Jisoo with a curious look before her hand. "I love him," she all but squealed. Daniel went to pet the puppy, testing how it would react to his scent.

"I think we'll take him," he said, smiling at the puppy. "Does he have a name?" He asked, turning to the attendant. "No," said the attendant. "Perfect!" Said Daniel. "We'll definitely take him," he said, smiling. "Let's get the paperwork done then," said the attendant as they took the pup away and they went to get the paperwork done. After saying that they could come pick up the new puppy in a week Daniel and Jisoo left in high spirits.

When they got home Daniel had to drop Jisoo off so she could go hunt before Daniel went to get dog supplies, planning on keeping things quiet from the others for now.

Daniel got a call from Chani as he walked around Walmart, so he picked up as he looked around the pets aisle. "What's up?" He asked. "I heard you were getting a puppy," said Chani. "Ah yeah," said Daniel as he smiled. "We'll be getting him in a week, we found a puppy who isn't scared of us," he said.

"Why not a kid?" Asked Chani. "Ah, we're not ready for kids," said Daniel as he glanced around, spotting humans in the nearby aisles. "It's a border collie, I'll send you a picture of him when we pick him up," he said. "Are you gonna name him Seokwoo?" Asked Chani. "Yep," said Daniel. "He reminds me of him," he said. Chani chuckled. "I'll leave it to you then, I'm heading to Washington state to wind down a bit," he said. "See you," said Daniel. "See you," said Chani before he hung up.

Daniel paid for the dog food and a collar before packing the food into the trunk of the jeep. He closed the trunk before getting into the driver's seat, hanging the collar off the rearview mirror before he started the jeep and backed out of his parking space, going home.

 

~



Keeping the fact that they were bringing a dog home was rather hard to do, Daniel noticed as he hid the dog food in the closet only for Wonpil to find it the next day. They had to let him in on the secret after that, only if he didn't tell the others.

The day finally came where they'd bring little Seokwoo home, having brought Wonpil along so that he was used to Wonpil's wolf-y-ness a few days before.

Daniel was more and more excited when he got the call, saying their puppy was ready. "Jisoo! Wonpil let's go!" He called after getting the call. He all but ran out the door after grabbing his keys, phone and wallet with Jisoo and Wonpil following after him.

"He's a pretty puppy!" Said Wonpil as he got into the back after Daniel let him in. "Yeah," said Daniel as he moved the front seat back to its normal position before getting in with Jisoo getting in the passenger seat. Daniel started the jeep and drove off, heading to the shelter.

Wonpil was practically bouncing on his feet as the attendant brought the dog in, wanting to hold little Seokwoo first. Daniel put the collar on him before handing him to Jisoo who let Wonpil pet him as Daniel finished the paperwork.

"Hi little guy," Wonpil said in a baby voice as he pet Seokwoo. Jisoo giggled as Wonpil was acting like a puppy again. After some begging Jisoo let Wonpil hold Seokwoo, making sure he didn't drop the pup. Wonpil carried him in his arms, making baby noises as he nuzzled the puppy.

"Alright alright," said Daniel as he turned to Wonpil. "We can take him home now," he said. "Yay!" Said Wonpil as he twirled around, holding the puppy at arms length as he grinned. "Careful Wonpil," said Jisoo as she sighed. "Sorry," Wonpil said, grinning. Jisoo took Seokwoo back and they headed out to the jeep.

Once home Wonpil ran into the house yelling that they got a dog, with the others coming into the livingroom to see. "Puppy!" Said Haechan as he went to Seokwoo first. "He's not scared at all?" Asked Jaehyun as he observed Haechan playing with the puppy after Jisoo put him down. "No," said Daniel as he smiled. "I know you wanted us to have kids but, it'd be to risky," he said. "We went through 20 dogs before this one finally felt brave enough to approach us," he said.

Wonpil, Haechan and the others took their turns playing with Seokwoo for the rest of the afternoon, with Daniel taking him out to the backyard every hour. "In a way, Rowoon is still with us," said Jisoo as she came outside with Daniel one last time before the pup went to sleep in their room. "Yeah," said Daniel as he chuckled.

"Thank you, for going with the idea," he said, turning to Jisoo. "Part of me was against it at first," Jisoo admitted. "But as I got to know Rowoon from you and Taeyang I understand now why he was important to you," she said. "We got the happy ending we deserved," said Daniel as Seokwoo came to him. He bent down and picked up the puppy, nuzzling him.

"Let's take him to bed then," said Jisoo before she headed inside. Daniel followed after her with Seokwoo falling asleep in his arms.