Chapter 13

A 'Shifter's Story

The next morning was a bit different for everyone. Daniel was the first to get up, going to make breakfast as he ran into Jaehwan on the way to the kitchen. After a few tense seconds they went into the kitchen, Jaehwan starting the coffee maker while Daniel got the ingredients he needed for breakfast.

One of Jaehwan's packmates walk into the kitchen, rubbing the back of his neck as he stood there awkwardly. "Get some coffee," Daniel said, sighing a bit. "Breakfast will be ready in a bit," he said as he turned to the stove. "Seongwoo," said Jaehwan as he tilted his head to the side. "I guess," muttered Seongwoo as he went to get a cup of coffee. Jaehwan's other packmate, who Daniel vaguely remembered was named Jihoon walked into the kitchen grumbling about early mornings.

Jaehyun walked into the kitchen with Wonpil smelling food. "Ah, he does cook better than you!" Said Wonpil. "You owe me 10$!" He said. Daniel snorts. "Of course I do," he said. "Half my meals weren't fast food," he said, earning a slap across the back of his head from Jaehyun. "Hush," Jaehyun grumbled half heartedly as he sighed.

Slowly the others made it into the kitchen just as Daniel got done with breakfast. "Get your food," said Daniel and everyone went to get breakfast before going to sit in the livingroom to watch tv. "Did they not come back from their hunt yet?" Asked Jaehyun. "No," said Daniel. "I was alone when I woke up this morning," said Daniel. "Same," said Haechan and Yuta. "I think Rowoon mentioned that they were staying away while the dogs are here," said Johnny.

"A rag tag bunch eh?" Asked Jaehwan. "How'd you manage this?" He asked. Jaehyun snorts. "I don't need to," he said. "They know their place, they're not kids," he said. "They respect who the leader is, and even if my brother can be hard headed at times he understands when he needs to step down from something," he said.

"And your vampires?" Asked Seongwoo. "For the record," Daniel said, a small growl in his tone. "They don't have to be here," he said. "We gave them the choice to stay or not," he said. "Only Mark and Taeyang are really bound here because Haechan found his mate in Mark while Yuta found his in Taeyang," he said. "And your relationship to Rowoon?" Asked Jihoon. "He found his mate in me," said Daniel. "You were there when I found my mate," he said.

"You've gone soft Daniel, it's no wonder why Jisung kicked you out after you lost your mate," said Jaehwan. "Say that again puppy?" Snarled out Daniel as he put his plate down and stood. "You heard me," said Jaehwan. "Daniel, back down right now," Jaehyun said, his alpha voice coming forward. Daniel backed down as he inclined his head though he glared at Jaehwan.

"Insulting my pack is one thing, but insulting my family is another thing entirely," said Jaehyun, thoroughly pissed off now. "Learn your place puppy," he said, getting up and going into the kitchen to finish eating breakfast.

"Ooh I'm so scared," Jaehwan said with sarcasm. Daniel growled and grabbed Jaehwan by the shirt and threw him outside. "That's it puppy," he spat. "One on one right now," he said, throwing off his clothes and changing before launching himself at Jaehwan. Jaehwan moved out of the way, changing in the process as he attacked head on, their snarls ripping through the air as they wrestled around.

"This idiot," said Jaehyun as he went to see what was happening. Seongwoo and Jihoon sigh as they stood outside with Jaehyun. "Jaehwan's always tried to be better at everything that Daniel was good at," said Seongwoo. "He was actually really jealous that Daniel had found his mate, along with finding another one and he has yet to find his own," he said. Jaehyun snorts. "Mating is subjective when the mate in question is a vampire from what Mark has told me," he said.

"I'm betting that Daniel wins this fight," said Jihoon. "He's my baby brother," said Jaehyun. "He'd bring shame to the family if that wasn't the case," he said with a snort. "Also, he's a vampire hunter so if he gets killed, well," he said, shrugging. Seongwoo looked in horror as he blinked in realization. "Damn it Jaehwan!" He shouted. "Always want to be better than Daniel, all because Jisung looked up to him," he said, sighing.

"Take it to the forest before the neighbors call in a complaint," said Jaehyun as he shook his head. Daniel complied, dragging Jaehwan by the neck away from the view of the house.

"You think that's a good idea?" Asked Seongwoo. "Well," said Jaehyun as he scratched the back of his head. "He can't exactly kill him right now," he said. "With 'shifter law and everything," he added to clear any confusion. "No way," said Jihoon. "Who?" He asked. "We'll see them soon enough," said Jaehyun. "Let's go finish breakfast then," he said, heading back inside with Seongwoo and Jihoon following after him.

Jaehwan and Daniel tumbled to a stop after half an hour, both panting as they look at each other. Jaehwan bared his teeth in a grin and Daniel did the same as they heard footsteps. "Oh, it seems we stumbled upon the two wrestling," Rowoon said with a snicker as he walked over with Zuho. "We don't have any spare clothes so," he said, shrugging. "Back to the house with us, the others want one more trip of hunting," he said. With that everyone went back to the house.

"Ah, Jaehwan," said Seongwoo as he came outside with some clothes. Jaehyun came outside and threw some clothes at Daniel before going back inside. Daniel snorts before grabbing the clothes and going to change. Seongwoo shook his head and tossed the clothes at Jaehwan before going inside. Jaehwan went to change and put some clothes on before heading inside with Daniel, Rowoon and Zuho.

"The others wanted another hunt before coming back," explained Rowoon as Jaehyun gave him a questioning look. "Also these two are a thing," he said, gesturing to Zuho and Jaehwan. "Ah, it's quite obvious in human form," Daniel said with a snicker.

"Want to explain the outburst and fighting earlier then?" Asked Jaehyun. "Just a play fight," said Daniel. "I won, again," he said, shrugging. "You did not," grumbled Jaehwan. "Good to have you around again Jaehwan," said Daniel as he grinned. Jaehwan chuckled some.