Chapter 16

A 'Shifter's Story

Rowoon was regretting getting in touch with Inseong again as the next day Woojin and Hongseob arrived. He was trying not to show how restless he was as he focused on a game on his phone. Daniel went to see what he could plan out with Woojin and Hongseob, leaving Rowoon to himself for the next few hours.

Rowoon grabbed his phone, asking Daniel, Woojin and Hongseob if they wanted food with the intention of going to get food and talk to Inseong. "Sure," said Daniel. Woojin and Hongseob nodded. "I'll be back then," said Rowoon as he left the motel room, heading across the street to get food.

Inseong stood outside McDonalds, waiting on Rowoon. "You seem stressed," he said. Rowoon hummed in response as he stood in line, waiting on his turn to order. "I don't know what to do," he said, sighing. "I don't know whether to be on your side because you were my coven leader or side with them," he said. Inseong hummed in response. Rowoon went to take his order before going to sit down and wait for his order.

"Whatever you decide, be happy with it," said Inseong. "I've never held you back for anything," he said. "I know," said Rowoon as he sighed. He went to get the food when his number was called, getting drinks for everyone after asking what they wanted. "I'll see you later then," said Inseong as Rowoon headed out. "Yeah, see you later," said Rowoon as he headed back to the motel room.

"What took you so long?" Asked Daniel as Rowoon entered the room. "Eh, long line," said Rowoon as he put the drinks and food on the table. "So how are we doing this?" He asked as Daniel, Woojin and Hongseob got their share of food and their drinks. "We'll strike tonight," said Daniel. "I trust you won't be betraying us in the end then?" He asked. "I won't," said Rowoon. "I swear on it," he said. Daniel nodded.

"He seems restless," said Hongseob as he shrugs. "We're facing against his old coven leader, this is hard on him," said Woojin as he shook his head. "Think about it," said Daniel. "If you were dragged along to kill your old pack leader because of something they did would you stand by them or with your allies?" He asked. "It's a lot to think about," Hongseob said, nodding a bit.

"It's hard not to want to understand what you're talking about you know," Rowoon said from his spot on the bed. "We're still discussing mission details," said Daniel as he shrugs. "Don't worry too much," he said. "I see," muttered Rowoon as he sighed. Daniel chuckled some. "Don't worry too much," he said. "We'll see what happens when it happens," he said. Rowoon hummed in response as he looked at his phone.

After finishing their food Daniel went to get ready for the mission. "You coming?" He asked Rowoon. "Yeah," said Rowoon as he put his phone in his pocket. Daniel turned to Hongseob and Woojin, nodding to them. "Let's go then," he said. They headed out to the Jeep and Woojin's car and Daniel led them to the abandoned house that Inseong was in.

"Well, let's do this," said Daniel as he parked outside the house. Rowoon nodded. "Let's do it," he said, getting out with Daniel following after him. Woojin and Hongseob parked behind Daniel and got of the car, looking at the building.

"Leave it to some blood ers to find an abandoned building," said Hongseob. "Hey, we're in the presence of one here," said Woojin. Rowoon tilted his head in question at Daniel, who shrugs. "Don't worry about it," said Daniel. "Let's go then," he said, entering the building. Rowoon, Hongseob and Woojin followed after him.

Inseong was waiting for them in what would've been the livingroom, sitting on the couch. "Ah, so they send the bear cub and two puppies after me," he said, spotting them. "And of course, one of my own," he said, nodding to Rowoon. "Inseong," said Rowoon.

"I thought I killed you first," said Daniel. "Apparently not," said Inseong. "Didn't hit me in a good spot, though you tore me up pretty good," he said, lifting his shirt and showing claw marks on his stomach. "I survived the ordeal but I think you'd be surprised who else survived," he said. Daniel narrowed his eyes as he tilted his head to the side.

"But first," said Inseong as he rushed forward with his vampire speed, grabbing Rowoon by the throat and shoving him against the wall. "I have some beef with you my friend," he said. "Don't," Rowoon said when Daniel started the move. "This is between me and him," he said.

"I never thought I'd see the day a bear cub cares for someone like you," spat Inseong as he slammed Rowoon into the wall again. "I bet you he wouldn't care about you now, especially when his original mate survived," he said. "That's the surprise you were hiding?" Asked Rowoon as he shoved Inseong off him, rolling his shoulders some.

"I didn't think she survived the ordeal," he said. "Do you think it was me that was doing the killings? I'm not that desperate for someone to end my life," said Inseong as he launched himself at Rowoon, now armed with a wooden knife. Rowoon moved out of the way, careful of where the knife was pointed as he twisted Inseong's arm behind his back, ready to stab the knife into his kidney.

"Do it then Rowoon," said Inseong as he didn't try to fight. "Let Daniel finally have his peace," he spat, before reaching around with his other arm and stabbing Rowoon in the stomach with a wooden stake. Rowoon looked surprised as he drove the knife into Inseong's kidney, watching as Inseong's body turned to ashes.

"No!" Screamed Daniel as he ran to Rowoon, gently laying him down. Woojin and Hongseob looked surprised but went to find the object that Inseong had on him. "Don't remove the stake just yet," said Rowoon as he coughed. "I want these last few minutes with you," he whispered. "Don't," sobbed Daniel. "Don't die yet," he said.

"You knew didn't you?" He asked. "You knew this whole time that Jisoo was alive," he said. "I didn't actually," coughed out Rowoon. "You have to find her, and stop her before something worse happens," he said, bringing a hand to Daniel's face and wiping away his tears. "Tell Chani I'm sorry will you?" He asked. "I promised him I'd be safe," he said.

"Remember the necklace that I have? The one with the ring on it?" He asked. Daniel nodded. "It's Jisoo's engagement ring," said Rowoon. "The one you gave her, I kept it on me all these years," he said. "Give it to her when you see her again," he said. "I think... I think she will understand," he said as his body finally turned to ashes.

Daniel completely broke down, hysterical as he moved around the ashes until he found the necklace. He held it close to his heart as he sobbed. "No!" He cried. "Why, why," he continued to repeat as Woojin came over and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. He didn't know what to say, so he just tried to comfort Daniel by being close to him.