Epilogue

A 'Shifter's Story

Life with Jisoo wasn't easy, but they did make it work. Jaehyun wasn't too thrilled on having a human drinking vampire in his pack but Jisoo at least made the effort to become vegetarian with Chani's careful guidance.

Daniel made a promise with Jisoo. "If you can manage one year as a vegetarian, I will marry you," he said. "We've been engaged for years," he said, taking out his engagement ring, the one that he had given to her years ago. "Keep this on you, and look at this if you feel like you want to hunt humans," he said. Jisoo took the ring, putting it on her finger.

"I won't disappoint you," she said. "Good, because you're under Chani's care, I have a long term mission in Europe with Woojin and Hongseob," said Daniel. "I'll be back in a year or so," he said. "I'll keep my word to stay a vegetarian," said Jisoo. Daniel nodded. "I know you will," he said. "Good luck then," he said. "Stay safe," said Jisoo as she kissed him. Daniel moved away, smiling. "I will," he said before leaving.

The coming months were hard on Jisoo as she focused on her goal. Chani was there every step of the way, keeping her in line and updating Daniel every few days. Daniel focused on his mission, knowing if he interfered in anyway it would mess up somehow.

 

~



"Come on," said Chani as he turned to Jisoo. "We need to get going," he said. "Where are we going?" Asked Jisoo. "You'll see," said Chani as he chuckled some. "It's been a long year though," he said. "Ah, it has," said Jisoo as she shook her head. "Come on, we're going to the airport," said Chani. "Oh, he's back?" Asked Jisoo. Chani nodded. "Mind driving?" He asked as they reached Daniel's Jeep. "Sure," said Jisoo as she got in the driver's seat. Chani got into the passenger seat and Jisoo started the jeep and drove off, heading to the airport.

"You know," said Jisoo as she drove. "I think he's going to be surprised, you dyed your hair back to brown," she said. Chani laughs. "I didn't like orange, red fits Zuho though," he said. "He convinced me because otherwise he'd be the only one who stood out," he said. "Well, he is older than you," said Jisoo as she chuckled. "I guess," said Chani as he chuckled some.

They soon reached the airport and they went to wait for Daniel at the terminal where he was coming out from. After a few minutes Jisoo could see Daniel coming towards then and she ran into his arms. "Oof, hey there," said Daniel as he hugged her. Jisoo hummed as she buried her face into his chest. "It's been a long year," she mumbled.

Chani hung back a little, smiling slightly. "Ah!" Said Daniel when he noticed Chani. "You dyed your hair!" He said. Chani chuckled. "I did," he said. Jisoo giggled. "I convinced him to," she said. "He did it at the 6 month mark," she said. "Ah, so you did make it," Daniel said, looking down at her. "I did," said Jisoo as she smiled up at him. "Good, because I have something for you," said Daniel as he moved away.

"I went back to my parent's estate to see if I could salvage anything," he said, getting down on one knee and taking out a box. "We've been through so much in the past year, and I wanted to do this," he said. "I wanted to properly propose to you," he said. "I know part of me will still want Rowoon to be here, to see us get married and let him know that the happy ending we've been seeking is finally here," he said, scratching the back of his head. "But I'm willing to push passed that for the happy ending we both deserve," he said.

"So, Jisoo, will you marry me?" He asked. Jisoo put a hand over , contemplating it for a full minute. "Yes," she finally said, moving her hand showing that she was grinning. Daniel beamed and put the ring on her finger while Chani cheered.

"You're gonna get more crap from Jaehyun now you know," said Chani. Daniel snorts. "Well, at least I can cook," he said. Chani chuckled. "Still hasn't burned down the house yet," he said. "I know," said Daniel. "Well, let's go then, I got a present for Jaehyun too," he said. Daniel grabbed his luggage before heading out to the jeep with Jisoo and Chani. Daniel drove home with Chani in the backseat and Jisoo in the passenger seat, a comfortable silence passing between them.

Once home everyone came out to see them, with Haechan yelling his congratulations while tackling Daniel. Winwin and Yuta tackled Daniel, making him fall to the ground in a dog pile, also yelling their congratulations. Jaehwan jumped in with Seongwoo and Jihoon just for the hell of it.

"Alright alright," said Daniel as he grunted, pushing his body up and making everyone fall off his back. "Where's Jaehyun?" He asked. "Here," said Jaehyun as he walked over with Wonpil.

"You have a letter addressed to you," said Daniel as he handed the envelope to Jaehyun. "I didn't open it but," he said, shrugging. "Mom wrote this?" Asked Jaehyun as he took the envelope, examining the front of it. "I think so, it probably happened after I left," said Daniel as he shrugs. "Also this is for you," he said, handing Jaehyun a ring. "Found it next to the letter," he said. Jaehyun nodded. "Thanks," he said. He went inside to read the letter.

After unpacking and getting his clothes through the washer and dryer Daniel took a walk with Chani. "I assume you're going to head out after today," he said as they walked. "Yeah," said Chani as he shrugs. "It wasn't easy with her but it was worth being patient for," he said. "One day I'll come visit, but not anytime soon," he said. "I hope so, Zuho's been mopey since I got back," Daniel said with a chuckle. "He'll get over it," Chani said, laughing some. They stopped by a river to relax a bit before Chani had to go.

"Ah, this is where you guys went," said Jisoo as she walked over. "Are we needed back at the house?" Asked Daniel as he turned his head to look at Jisoo. "No," said Jisoo. "Just needed to be away from the house for a little while," she said. Daniel nodded and turned to look at the river. "I want to have the wedding out here," he said. "If you want," he added. "It's a beautiful place," said Chani as he nodded. "Yes," said Jisoo. "I wouldn't mind that," she said.

After another hour Chani checked his phone. "Well, I better go then," he said. "Good luck to you," said Daniel as he nodded to Chani. Chani smiled. "Have a happy marriage you two, you deserve it," he said. "If you ever have kids, I'm going to guess through adoption, name one of them Seokwoo okay?" He asked. "That's Rowoon's human name," he said. Daniel nodded. "Will do," he said. Jisoo nodded in agreement.

"See you around then," said Chani before he leaped across the river, landing on the other side. He turned and waved before using his vampire speed to run off, leaving Daniel and Jisoo alone.

"We should go then," said Daniel as he turned to Jisoo. "Unless you want to hunt first," he said. "No, we can head back," said Jisoo before she headed back with Daniel following after her.