Chapter 6

A 'Shifter's Story

Daniel was called out on a mission a couple weeks later, being sent to NYC for this one. Instead of asking Mark to come with him, he asked Rowoon to come with him this time.

"Ah, missions you say?" Asked Rowoon when Daniel had asked him. "Eh, sure," he said. "We're only about 4 hours away but we'll be staying at someone's pack house," said Daniel. "Just behave yourself," he said. Rowoon nodded. After making sure Rowoon was fed enough to last the trip to and from NYC they headed off in Daniel's Jeep.

"So who owns NYC?" Asked Rowoon to pass off time. "Ah, you might have heard of Yongguk," said Daniel. "He's more famous than I am," he said. "Mm, can't say I have no," said Rowoon. "Is Yoongi in his pack?" He asked. "Yes, along with his mate Daehyun," said Daniel. "Yes, I know those two," said Rowoon. "Are they aware of me being mated to you?" He asked. "I told them that I was bringing a "vegetarian" vampire along for the hunt, they're used to me having Mark along so," Daniel said, shrugging. "We don't need to go to Boston after this," he said. "Dragon Enterprises, the bank we all use, is also here in NYC," he said. Rowoon nodded.

They reached NYC and traffic came to a standstill the closer they got to Yongguk's pack house. "Well, this is different," said Rowoon. Daniel chuckled some. "Well, it's NYC, nothing new here," he said. "So where's your vampire?" Asked Rowoon. "Subway," said Daniel. "But we need to stop by the pack house first and kind of let them know we're here," he said.

Once there Daniel got out of the Jeep, with Rowoon getting out after him. Yoongi and Daehyun were outside waiting on them. "Hey Daniel," said Yoongi. "Yoongi," said Daniel. "Daehyun," he said. "I heard you had a vegetarian with you, I guess this is him?" Asked Daehyun. "Hi," said Rowoon. "I'm Rowoon," he said. "I hope you won't cause trouble," said Yoongi. "I won't," said Rowoon. "Apparently I'm his mate," said Daniel. "So, 'shifter law would apply here I think," he said. Daehyun hummed in response. "As long as he doesn't do anything wrong," he said. "No worries," said Rowoon.

"Yongguk gave you apartment 3 on the 3rd floor," said Yoongi. "Thanks," said Daniel before he went to grab his things from the Jeep. Rowoon did the same thing and followed Daniel into the apartment. Daniel looked around the small space of the livingroom before going to see what bedrooms they had available. "Ah, a one bedroom apartment," he said, coming out of the bedroom. "Are you okay with that?" He asked. "Sure," said Rowoon. "I don't really sleep so," he said, shrugging. Daniel nodded and went to see what he could do food wise. Rowoon looked around the apartment, his curiosity getting the better of him.

"How hungry are you?" Rowoon asked suddenly as he popped his head into the kitchen. "Not really hungry at the moment why?" Asked Daniel. "I'd like to go to Central Park," said Rowoon as he shrugs. "Ah, sure," said Daniel as he turned to Rowoon. "Want to walk there?" He asked. Rowoon shrugs. "Up to you," he said. "Alright, let's walk then," he said, grabbing his phone to text Daehyun and Yoongi to tell them they were heading to Central Park before leaving the apartment with Rowoon following after him.

They made it to Central Park and Daniel found a place to sit and relax with Rowoon sitting beside him in the grass. "What brought you to want to come out here?" Asked Daniel. "Ah, the vibe of the werewolves were setting me off a bit," said Rowoon as he shrugs. "I didn't want to be there for much longer since you know, it's Yoongi," he said.

"They know 'shifter law," said Daniel. "As much as they don't like it they do respect that," he said. "You'll run into hunters who don't know 'shifter law but a lot of them know about it," he said. "You just need to be prepared for that, and I'm prepared for it," he said. Rowoon nodded.

"You know," said Rowoon. "I've never seen you in your animal form," he said. "You haven't?" Asked Daniel as he tilted his head to the side. Rowoon nodded. "We've been together for a few months now, I've never seen it," he said. "Huh," said Daniel as he nodded. "I'll show you at home then, well, our temporary spot," he said. Rowoon nodded.

Daniel's stomach growled, causing him to blush. "Well, time to get some food then," he said, laughing some as he got up. Rowoon chuckled and got up, following Daniel to the nearest food vendor in the park.

"Want anything?" Daniel asked, out of courtesy. "No, I'm fine," said Rowoon as he scratched the back of his head. Daniel nodded and got a hot dog from a food vendor before leaving the park with it with Rowoon following after him. "I'm going to be hungry again later but one hot dog is enough for now," he said. Rowoon nodded and they started walking back to the apartment building.

On the way home Daniel got McDonalds, once again asking Rowoon if he wanted anything. Rowoon declined, though he understood why Daniel was asking. They had to keep up the appearances after all. Daniel ended up with a Big Mac, 20 piece chicken nuggets and 3 large fries with a large Dr. Pepper before he left McDonalds.

After reaching the apartment Daniel went into the livingroom to eat his dinner with Rowoon sitting on a chair watching a movie with him. After the movie Daniel went to clean up and move the coffee table. "Well, if you want to turn around while I strip," he said, scratching the back of his head. Rowoon nodded and turned around. Daniel sighed and stripped down, throwing his clothes onto the couch before changing. He snorts, rubbing his snout with his paw.

Rowoon turned around and blinked. "Wow," he said, going up to Daniel and reaching out a hand. Daniel bumped Rowoon's hand with his snout, making a purr like sound. Rowoon laughs, petting Daniel. "Can I climb onto your back?" He asked. Daniel nodded. Rowoon cleared out the livingroom a bit more using his vampire speed before grabbing the TV remote and climbing onto Daniel's back after he laid down.

Rowoon hummed softly as he put on another movie and laid down on Daniel's back. "So soft," he whispered, feeling Daniel make a rumbling sound.