Chapter 11

A 'Shifter's Story

They reached the boulder, with Rowoon leaning against it as Daniel went around to fetch the bag of clothes he had hidden nearby. Once in human form and dressed Daniel came back and looked expectantly at Rowoon.

"Well," said Rowoon as he scratched the back of his head. "It seems I have a lot to tell you then," he said. "It would seem so," said Daniel as he leaned against the boulder. "That was a surprise to say the least," he said. "In our animal forms we can sort of tell when a 'shifter finds their mate," he said. "It's more obvious in human form, but Jaehyun was lucky to pull you away when he did," he said. "Mm," said Rowoon as he sighed.

"Well," he said, looking up at the sky. "What do you remember of your earlier days before you started changing?" He asked. "Not very much," said Daniel as he tilted his head to the side in thought.

"Ah, I remember," he said after a few minutes. "We grew up together," he said, turning to Rowoon. Rowoon smiled slightly, nodding a bit. "We grew up together, and after you started changing you didn't want to involve me in this because I had my little brother to take care of," he said. "Ah, Taeyang," said Daniel as he nodded.

"So we drifted apart and I ended up with who would become my first coven," said Rowoon. "Inseong was the leader and the oldest, then Youngbin, then Jaeyoon, then Dawon, then me, then Taeyang and Hwiyoung was the youngest in our group," he said. "We were all turned into vampires over the course of a few years and that's when we met again," he said. Daniel hummed. "It was shocking to see you and your coven," he said.

"We were trying the vegetarian thing, and since it was apparently just you, we came to an agreement, a promise as friends really, to leave each other alone as long as my coven didn't hunt humans," said Rowoon. "Ah yeah," said Daniel. "That didn't last very long did it?" He asked. Rowoon hummed in response.

"For the record, I was doing my job," said Daniel as he sighed. "So I didn't break the promise first," he said. "We were in grief," said Rowoon as he looked down, sighing a bit. "I found out from a note from Inseong telling us who was after them," he said. "I didn't want revenge but Taeyang did so," he said, shrugging.

"Instead of going after me he went after my mate?" Spat Daniel as a growl ripped through him. "He couldn't exactly kill you when you were my mate," said Rowoon. "I'm pretty sure your insanity would've increased twofold for this," he said. "It doesn't matter," said Daniel as he growled lightly. "I spent years of searching for you and him to exact revenge but now I can't because of stupid 'shifter laws," he said, going and punching a tree.

"It's not too late to kill me," Rowoon said quietly, looking away. "Hell no," said Daniel as he turned and walked over and grabbed Rowoon by the shoulders, forcing Rowoon to look at him. "I finally have peace," he said. "You know how long Woojin had to deal with my insanity after my mate died? 50 years," he said. "50 long god damn years," he said.

"Revenge is the last thing on my mind right now," he said, letting go and stepping away, turning away to stare up at the sky. Rowoon hummed in response as he nodded.

"Come with me," he said suddenly. "Eh?" Asked Daniel, yelling in surprise as Rowoon picked him up and ran off. "What the hell?! I said ask before doing this again!" He yelped as Rowoon laughs.

Rowoon stopped suddenly, finding a large meadow of sorts. "Oh god, are we reenacting Twilight?" Daniel asked in horror as Rowoon put him down. Rowoon laughs as he went to sit in the middle with Daniel coming to sit beside him. "And I'm going to see you sparkle now," Daniel said with a snort. Rowoon grinned, showing his fangs. "You know it doesn't work like that in real life," he said. "I found this while hunting, it seems like a good spot to relax a little," he said, shrugging.

"Are you going to zoom around and boast about how much stronger you are compared to me?" Asked Daniel as he shook his head in amusement. Rowoon chuckled some. "Nah, I'm prideful but not that prideful," he said. "However," he purred, sending a shiver up Daniel's spine. "I do want to do something else," he said, grinning at the groan that escaped Daniel. "Eager?" He asked. "Very," said Daniel as he chuckled some.

 

~



"Damn it Jaehyun," yelled Haechan as the smoke alarm went off in the house for the 10th time. Mark when to open all the windows while Haechan went to beat a sheet over the smoke alarm to get it to shut off. "I think I prefer the blood ers cooking at this point," said Winwin as he went to see what he could save food wise. "I wonder how you survived without us," he said, laughing at Jaehyun's pout.

"Let me do the cooking," said Johnny as he went into the kitchen and booted Jaehyun out. "Why don't you try and find your brother," he called. "I'd rather not," said Jaehyun as he sighed. "I think I know why it's taking them this long to get back," he said.

"I don't think you want to go any farther into that subject," said Zuho as he chuckled some. "We got kids here," he said. "I am not a kid!" Yelled Haechan. Mark sighed, shaking his head in amusement. "Let's just enjoy dinner without them, at least I can tell it's edible," he said, snickering. "Come on," whined Jaehyun as he stomped off to his room.

 

~



Daniel and Rowoon came back a few hours later, clothes slightly out of place and hair messy. "Well damn," said Johnny when he saw them. "Looks like you two had some fun," he said, laughing some at Daniel's blush. "Well," Rowoon said, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. Daniel dragged him off to their room, to avoid any further embarrassment and questions from everyone.

They were surprised by Taeyang as they entered Daniel's room. "God damn it," said Daniel as he took a deep breath. "Sorry," said Taeyang as he grinned. "Had to ambush ya'll, I'll go back to Yuta's room now," he said, zooming passed them and heading back to Yuta's room.

"Well, we won't get that kind of privacy for a while," said Rowoon as they laid in bed that night, with Daniel sprawled across his chest. "Mm," said Daniel as he chuckled some. "We need to keep an eye on the humans disappearing," he said. "I think it won't stop but it'll die down now that we've made our presence known," he said. Rowoon nodded.