I'll See You At The End

To Bbyu Or Not To Bbyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae quietly snuck back into his dorm, careful not to wake up the hyungs. To his surprise, when he stepped into the house, the lights were on and Eunkwang was sitting on the sofa, waiting for him.

 

Sungjae: Hyung... I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have snuck out, I...

Eunkwang: Did you get to meet her?

Sungjae: Huh...?

Eunkwang: Did you meet Sooyoung? Is she doing alright?

Sungjae: Yea...

Eunkwang: Did you get caught on the way?

Sungjae: No, I don't think so...

Eunkwang: That's good then, go sleep

Sungjae: Huh...? Hyung, you're not gonna scold me for sneaking out...?

Eunkwang: What are you a 6 year old? Why would I scold you for going out in the middle of the night... 

Sungjae: But...

Eunkwang: I know how you feel Sungjae-ah, there's nothing wrong with going to see the person you love...

Sungjae: Hyung... What am I going to do... I get the feeling that as long as I keep staying next to Sooyoung, she will just keep on getting hurt... Everything was fine before, but now all these things are happening because of me...

Eunkwang: It's not you fault maknae, it's never your fault when these things happen... They just, do... It's part of an idol's life... 

Sungjae: I just, I can't bear to see her get hurt... I just can't...

Eunkwang: Well then it's up to you to decide what the right thing to do is... There's no right or wrong here, as long as it feels like the right choice to you, then that'll be the right choice, it's entirely up to you...

Sungjae: What if the right thing to do is something that I don't want to do...? 

Eunkwang: If it really is the right thing, then over time, eventually, things will fall back into place, things will return to where they belong...

 

Sungjae thought long and hard about Eunkwang's wise words. He picked up his phone and stared at his wallpaper, it was the photo he had taken with Joy on the beach back in Hainan. He looked at his own smile, then looked at Joy's smile. 

I can give up my smile for yours...

 

Just like that, morning has arrived. Sungjae didn't get a wink of sleep, but it was time for the meeting, the meeting between Cube Entertainment and SM Entertainment to decide on how to respond to the reports. Sungjae dragged his heavy heart and weary body off his bed and went to get ready for the day. 

Sungjae arrived at the SM Entertainment building along with his manager and a Cube Entertainment representative. A huge crowd of reporters gathered at the door, waiting for the two companies to release their statements. Sungjae clenched his fists and took a deep breath, then pushed the door open. As he entered the meeting room, Joy was already sitting in there, along with her manager and the SM Entertainment representative. He could see that Joy was twitching nervously in her seat. They both let out a little anxious smile as their eyes met. The meeting began immediately as soon as Sungjae took his seat. 

 

SM Representative: First of all thank you for coming, we are gathered here today with the two of you to address the recent dating rumors surrounding you.  

Cube Representative: Both companies have decided to respect your opinion and agreed to support you

SM Representative: That's right, so now, let's begin

Cube Representative: Between us, is it true that the two of you are dating?

 

The room fell silent. Joy and Sungjae exchanged nervous looks. Just as Joy was about to speak, Sungjae interrupted her.

 

Sungjae: No, we're not dating

 

Joy's eyes opened wide in shock. 

 

BTOB Manager: But from what I know, you were...

Sungjae: *Determined* Not anymore, we were, but as of today, we're officially broken up, so please tell the media that the dating rumors are false, and that we are just close friends, I was at the hospital because I was worried about my friend, that's all...

 

Joy's voice shook as she tried to speak. Words were barely able to come out of .

 

Joy: O... Oppa...

Sungjae: That's all for today, than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter