말해 (Tell Me)

To Bbyu Or Not To Bbyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After wrapping up "Goblin" and comeback promotions for "Movie". Sungjae finally had some time to rest. Meanwhile the members are also preparing for each of their solo singles for "Piece of BTOB". Sungjae who has never produced his own original song before is having a hard time coming up with ideas. 

 

Sungjae: Sami-ah, this is a disaster, I can't think of anything! What am I gonna do? The hyungs are all doing such a great job in their solos... Help me Sami, I'm so screwedddd

 

Sami leaned on Sungjae's feet and slept, ignoring Sungjae who was wrecking his brain trying to come up with ideas. Somehow no matter how hard he tried to look for inspiration, his thoughts always end up going back to Joy. At the end, he decided to use Joy as his inspiration and started writing his song. He rewatched a few of their episodes together on We Got Married to recall the memories and feelings. He realized that he was really happy back then, the way he smiled was always so full of happiness, it was obvious that he was in love. He remembered how beautiful it was, the feeling of being in love, it was like none of his worries mattered, because he was with the person that he loved. With that feeling, he started constructing the melody of the song. The melody is upbeat and relaxing, parallel to the feeling of happiness he experienced with Joy, the feeling of being in a paradise, because Joy was his paradise. Those memories were so precious and so sweet to him, that he couldn't help but smile. He tried so hard blocking out memories and anything related to Joy for the past few months that he almost forgot how special those times were to him. Throughout the next few weeks, he also began writing lyrics for the song as he became deeply immersed into those feelings.

 

Yook Sungjae - Paradise

I prepared this song for you, only for you

Listen to me baby, I will turn back your heart.

Because you're my paradise. Wherever I am, it's alright, as long as I am with you and this song

You're my la la la la la yeah. Whenever it is, it's alright, I just want to be by your side

Oh I don't want to leave my baby, I know what to do

I don't want to leave my baby, I know what to do

I don't want to leave my baby, I know what to do

Baby I'm sorry for everything

 

A couple of weeks later, Sungjae and Eunkwang guested on the show "Oppa Thinking". All of a sudden, the cast mentioned that his first love has left him a video message, surprising Sungjae. Eunkwang eyed Sungjae with a surprised look as if he was saying Ya maknae, did you know anything about this...?? Who is it? 

Sungjae looked at his hyung cluelessly as he started to panic, worriedly thinking who could it be. In the video message, at first it only showed the girl's hair and hands, with her voice changed so it would be hard to recognize. 

 

Girl: Umm... We have a close oppa-dongsaeng relationship ㅋㅋㅋ It was my first time doing a variety show, and when I didn't know what to do, he told me that I should just be myself, because I'm the sort of person that gave off good vibes 

 

At that point, Sungjae immediately realized it was Joy. He smiled in relief and laughed at the recollection of what he told her at the time. Meanwhile, Eunkwang still had no idea and looked curiously at Sungjae. Embarassed by the cheesy things he said and to hide the fact that he's blushing at the mention of Joy, he covered his face and laughed heartily. 

 

Joy: And it wasn't just an oppa-dongsaeng relationship afterall~<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter