잘자 내몫까지 (Midnight)

To Bbyu Or Not To Bbyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over the next couple of days, Sungjae spent his time scrolling through old photos of Joy in his phone. He also kept an eye on updates about Joy, and every time he saw a new photo, he would try to find out if Joy was still wearing the locket or not. Joy was busy with filming, but she always makes sure the locket is visible to others except when filming for the drama. Joy was getting ready to film another scene.

 

Stylist: Please take off that necklace, it's not part of the set of clothes the sponsor sent us

Joy: Alright, please give me a minute

 

Joy took off the locket, but realized she didn't have a single pocket in this outfit, she couldn't keep it with her. She ran to her dressing room and hid it inside her bag, then rushed back out to start filming.

After a few hours, the scene was finally completed. Joy thanked the producers and the staff. She was finally done for the day. Joy immediately ran to her dressing room to take out the locket, however, when she opened up her bag, it was nowhere to be found. She poured out all the contents from her bag and frantically looked for it, but she couldn't find it, it wasn't there.

 

Joy: Where is it...? Where could it be...? I can't lose it... I'm pretty sure this was where I had left it...

 

Her manager walked in to see the mess.

 

Manager: Sooyoung-ah, what happened in here...? What is this mess??

Joy: My locket... Unnie, have you seen it...? I can't find it... I'm sure I left it in my bag, but now it's gone...

Manager: Are you sure you didn't just misplace it? I'm sure it's around here somewhere

Joy: No I put it in my bag, then when I came back, it's gone... I can't lose it, it's very precious to me...

Manager: It's just a necklace, why is it so precious? 

Joy: It was a gift from... From...

Manager: From who? Your mom?

Joy: Yea...

Manager: I'm sure she'll understand, surely she'll know how clumsy her daughter is, always losing her things

Joy: No unnie... I need to find it, I need to...

Manager: It's getting late now, lets go back, if it's here you can look for it when we come back tomorrow

Joy: No, I'm not leaving until I find it... I can't walk out of this building without the locket on, if... if my mom, if she sees me without the locket on, she'll be very upset... 

 

Joy kept on searching through the room, but the locket was nowhere to be seen, it has completely vanished. Soon it was getting late and with no choice, Joy went home. She sat on her bed and stared out the window. 

 

Joy: Oppa... I'm sorry, I can't believe I lost the locket you gave me... I should never have taken it off... Oppa, please don't be sad if you see me without it... It doesn't mean I've forgotten you, its just that I've lost it... I'll find it soon...

 

Meanwhile, Sungjae was scrolling through updates of Joy, watching teaser videos of her drama. Seeing Joy being so intimate with Dohwan left Sungjae feeling bittersweet. He was glad she's doing well, but even though he knew it was just acting, seeing the two so close bothered him, especially when she is now no longer his to clai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter