이별을 만나다 (Running Into Breakup)

To Bbyu Or Not To Bbyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days later, Joy finally had a day off. Joy rested on her bed while video calling Sungjae.

 

Sungjae: You finally get a day off but we still can't go on a date...

Joy: I'm sooo tired oppa, let me rest, I have script reading for the drama tomorrow, it's gonna last the whole day, it'll be so boring...

Sungjae: That's always the most boring part, it'll be a lot more fun when it gets to actual filming 

Joy: Why can't I be acting with you oppa, then it wouldn't be boring at all~

Sungjae: I know right, then I could sit there next to you and tell that Woo Dohwan to go away!!

Joy: Oppa, don't be like that, he's just being friendly 

Sungjae: Alright alright... Should I come with you tomorrow? I have nothing to do

Joy: No oppa, of course not! We can't be seen in the public like that, people will know...

Sungjae: Alright... What time do you get off work tomorrow? Can I come to your dorm and have dinner together? I'll buy your favorites~ Kimchi fried rice? Tteokbokki?

Joy: Sounds great oppa!!! See you tomorrow~

 

The next day, Joy went to the drama scrip reading. She greeted everyone brightly.

 

Joy: Good morning, good morning everyone~

Dohwan: Oh? Joy-ssi, good morning~

Joy: Good morning Dohwan-ssi

Dohwan: I have a request to make

Joy: What is it?

Dohwan: I want us to be closer for the drama, so we will seem more natural around each other when we actually film the drama... Can we speak casually? Can I just call you Sooyoung? And can you call me oppa?

Joy: You already did, you called me Sooyoung-ah at the awards show last time~

Dohwan: Haha yes that's right, you didn't mind right...?

Joy: No! Of course not, I wouldn't mind, oppa

Dohwan: That's great, do you have anywhere to go after this? Do you want to go grab dinner together? I know this really good restaurant nearby

Joy: Umm... Sorry, I can't... I uh... sorta promised the members I'd get back as soon as I can to have dinner with them...

Dohwan: Oh... It's okay, I understand...

Joy: Nono, it's just that I already made plans, maybe next time?

Dohwan: But if it's just your members, don't you eat with them all the time? Can't you eat with me tonight...? Surely they wouldn't mind?

Joy: Well, I... 

Dohwan: You're not just telling me you're eating with your members when you're actually going on a date are you? *Teased jokingly*

Joy: What...?? No, of course not...

Dohwan: I'm just kidding, don't worry, I envy you though, you get to eat with your members, you never have to eat alone, I always eat alone... How about tomorrow night?

Joy: Sorry, I can't... I have Red Velvet comeback promotions all week long, I'll be too busy to go out for dinner...

Dohwan: See, you'll be with your members all week long, can't I just have you for tonight?

Joy: Umm... I don't know...

Dohwan: Think about it first, then tell me when this ends *smiles*

 

Joy focused on her work and soon it slipped her mind. She worked extra hard and finally the day was over. It was 10pm and her stomach was growling. Just as she was about to leave, Dohwan came over and offered her a bottle of water.

 

Dohwan: You've worked hard today Sooyoung-ah, you did a really great job~

Joy: Thanks oppa, you too!

Dohwan: So have you decided? Are we getting dinner or not?

Joy: Oh, I almost forgot... Um... Wait, give me a moment

 

Joy pulled out her phone and messaged Sungjae. She felt sorry for Dohwan hearing as he always ate by himself, and she also wished to become more comfortable around each other for the drama. 

He's a pretty nice guy, I feel bad for turning down dinner... Sungjae oppa will understand right...? But Sungjae oppa must've been looking forward to tonight... And if I tell him I'm getting dinner with Doh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter