Gotta Go My Own Way

To Bbyu Or Not To Bbyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a bright and sunny Monday morning, the sunlight shone through the windows into Red Velvet's dorm. Blinded by the beam, the Red Velvet members began to wake up. 

 

Wendy: Guys, its time to wake up~ We have a radio show to goto

Seulgi: Wow, what's the occasion? You're already awake Sooyoung-ah??

Joy: Yea unnie, help me out, which outfit looks better? I can't decide between these two, the first one is more of a pretty concept and the second one is a girl next door concept, is the first one too much? Or is it okay?

Irene: Who cares, we're going on a radio show, not a tv show, no one's gonna look at what you're wearing!

Joy: Still... just help me unnie

Wendy: Ya maknae-ah, stop sleeping and get up now, or else we're gonna be late!!!

Yeri: Okay okay I'm getting up now... And of course Sooyoung unnie cares about what she's wearing, she going on her date with her bbyufriend todayy~

Seulgi: Ohhh righttt, no wonderrr

Joy: Aish... just help me choose, come on!! First one or second one??

Irene: Second one, the first one looks like you're going to attend a wedding!!

 

Joy quickly put on the outfit and excitedly tried on different accessories. She looked at the couple ring and thought to herself...

Should I wear this or not? It's our wedding ring... But would it be weird to wear it now that we're not filming? What if oppa gets sad because I didn't wear it... I should just keep it in my pocket and I'll see if oppa wore it or not.

She smiled as she pulled out the tiny silver microphone earrings oppa bought for her on the first day they met. She remembered how awkward it was on their first meeting, but she was so moved to recieve such a meaningful gift. She began to tear up again at the thought of the first song Sungjae sang for her. 

A few hours later, Sungjae was getting ready to leave his dorm and meet Joy at the broadcast station. He stared at their wedding ring and debated on whether to put it on or not. At last, he thought of what his hyungs said that night, musterd up his courage and decided to put it on. He was a nervous wreck, but he is determined to ask Joy to become his girlfriend as it would be his only chance. He stared at himself in front of the mirror and tried different ways to confess to Joy.

 

Sungjae: Joy-ah, wanna date? Nononono... Sooyoung-ah, wanna become a real-life couple? Aish that's not it either, too direct... *in an aegyo tone* Noona~ Will you be my girlfriend...? Rarghhh nonono, what to dooooo... *pulls his hair*

Changsub: Ya Yook Sungjae, what are you doing in there? Stop occupying the washroom, get out!!!

 

Finally, Sungjae took a deep breath and gave mirror Sungjae a confident nod.

Yook can do it!!!

 

In front of the broadcast station, Sungjae was waiting for Joy. He was so nervous that he kept on turning his ring on his finger. He was so focused on picturing how to talk to Joy that he didn't notice when Joy walked out of the door. Joy smiled cheekily as she snuck up behind Sungjae and surprised him with a sudden backhug.

 

Joy: *cutely* Oppaaa~

Sungjae: Oh omg you scared me, you know I hate getting scared by things that jump out!!!

Joy: But you're so cute when you get scared, did you wait for a long time?

Sungjae: Nah not really, I just got here a few minutes ago

Joy: Really? Let's go then!

Sungjae: Not really, I waited for a long time, what took you so long??

 

Sungjae teased Joy as he pulled her into a half headlock half hug. Joy tried to fight off Sungjae by hitting him but Sungjae was much stronger than she is. As they continued to fight and bicker, they reached the restaurant. They sat down and the waiter took their orders. While they were waiting for the food to arrive, Sungjae took a quick glance at Joy's fingers, his face fell as he noticed that Joy wasn't wearing their couple ring. At the same time, Joy also tried to take a peek at Sungjae's hand to see if he was wearing the ring or not. Her heart jumped a little as she saw the ring on his hand, a little smile formed on the corner of . 

 

Sungjae: What are you smiling about?

Joy: Huh? It's nothing, just that, I noticed you're wearing the ring...

Sungjae: Ahh, but you're not wearing it...

Joy: I wasn't sure if I should wear it or not so I just kept it in my pocket here, I'll put it on

Sungjae: Yes you better, so everyone will know that Joy is my woman!!

Joy: What are you saying oppa, stop joking around *secretly smiles*

Sungjae: *takes a deep breath* Sooyoung-ah... Can I ask you something...? There's something I wanna talk to you about...

Joy: What is it...? Why so serious all of a sudden oppa

Sungjae: About us, what should we do...? Now that the show is over, what does that make us...? Where does our relationship stand...?

Joy: Oppa...

Sungjae: Do you see us as friends, or oppa-dongsaeng relationship, or perhaps, a couple...?

Joy: Oppa... I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter