Touch

Nu'est One Shot

jr-2.jpg

When you’re 10 you started to see bruises appearing on your body. On your knees especially. You started freaking out, consulting your mum. Only then it made you calm down. She told you that this is how you’re link to your soulmate. By touch apparently. Anything that appears on his skin would appear on yours, like wise. And according to your mum, your soulmate is a clumsy one. You could feel the pain as well when the bruise arises. Letting you know that, somewhere on this earth, where your soulmate is. He fell down again. You sometimes wonder if you would ever get to see your soulmate first, before he accidently killed himself. Growing up you have been fixated on finally getting to see your soulmate.

It was when you’re 14, bruises started to come less. You’re just glad that your soulmate finally learned how to walk properly. And stop getting himself in danger. It was in fact replaced by random sentences or lyrics on your wrists. You have no idea where those lyrics or sentences came from. You tried searching it up, but nothing came up. You never dared to write on your skin to talk to him. You know you could. But you enjoyed just looking at what he wrote for you instead. Sometimes it was sentences to get you through your day. Sometimes it was random stuff like greetings to let you know that he is well and alive. While other times it just blew you away with the way he writes lyrics.

Only when you’re 16, you started dating a boy from your class. Soo Bin. It felt so right, you didn’t know if he was your soulmate or not. Both of you have a habit of wearing sweaters and coat. But neither of you cared. Living in the moment, not knowing if each other was your own soulmate. It was only after 2 years of dating, you finally had to urge to know. Because you truthfully hoped that it was him. All the sentences and lyrics written on your skin every day, you wanted it to be him. But not everything goes your way.

When you’re 18, you experience your first ever heart break. It was just a normal day like any other. But today you have decided to do something you’re scared of. Contorting your doubts. Walk to your boyfriend’s place, you have no idea how this is going to turn up. Knocking on his door, he opens up looking surprise. Not knowing what you are doing here. Looking up at him you took his hand to yours. Pulling his sleeves up. Only to meet with a clear wrist. No writing, nothing of sort.

Soo Bin: What are you doing here?

Y/N: What do you think of soulmates?

Soo Bin: Wh..what?

Y/N: You found yours, didn’t you?

Soo Bin: What do you mean?

Y/N: You have been distanced lately. It’s not hard to put two together.

Soo Bin: I..

Y/N: It’s okay.. I guess this is it for us then. I just wanted to come here to confirm some things. Looks like I was right.

Walking away, leaving him stun at the door. Walk got yourself back home. Locking yourself in your room. Diving straight on your bed. You pulled your sleeves up looking at those words you had written long before going off to his place.

‘Goodbye Soo Bin’

Tears filled your eyes as it blurred out your vision. You have no idea how long you cried. But you only know that when you woke up. On top of those smudged words you had written on your wrist before, that was a sentence that filled the hole in your heart.

‘As time goes by, this is the place you should be.

Even if my greed grows and I get trapped in my dreams.

My choice will be the same.

You got my bet. You don’t need to love me.’

Because you know that, at the end of your day. Your soulmate is still there, waiting for you. And you know someday. Both of you would find each other eventually.

-

When Jong Hyun was 11 he got random paper cuts and he was finally relived. Looking at the scars, he smiles to himself, knowing somewhere out there was his soulmate. He always felt bad for his soulmate. Because boy was he clumsy. He could never walk properly and go a day without falling down until he was 15. He secretly questions himself if you would hate him for putting scars on your legs. Not on purpose.

When Jong Hyun was 15, he was worried. Because he has never seen any drawing appear on his skin. He even asked his mum if he even has a soulmate. Doubting it, even know he knows clearly, he has one. Because he started writing on his skin. Hoping to get a reply back, but he never did. And all his mum said was that his soulmate must be shy. So, he never gave up. He wrote lyrics on his wrist when he got inspiration. And wrote sentences and quotes for his soulmate to read. Even though he knows that he might not get a reply back. He didn’t care. At least he knows you’re reading it somewhere.

Not until 8 years later, since the day he started writing on his wrist. He finally got a reply back. He was lying on his bed reading some comic. Until he felt something pressing against his left wrist. Pausing everything, he stared at the words being written out. Fascinated about how his soulmate finally wrote something. Upon reading the words his soulmate wrote. He was confused. He read it over and over again. Why was his soulmate feeling like this? Who is this guy? Why are you saying goodbye to him by writing on your arm?

Until hours passed, he realised the words was smuggled. It was as if he could feel the pain that strike him as the words smuggled on his wrist. He finally understood the meaning of it. You’re trying to find out if the guy was your soulmate. He didn’t know how to feel about that. But he knew what he had to do. He knew that he didn’t want you to feel alone. So, he wrote the first thing that came to his mind.

 

‘As time goes by, this is the place you should be.

Even if my greed grows and I get trapped in my dreams.

My choice will be the same.

You got my bet. You don’t need to love me.’

-

Since then, random phrases and lyrics turn up on your skin more often than before. Comforting you and healing you in a sort of way. You even try replying it sometimes. Putting a ‘😊’ or sometimes even a ‘Thank You’. Because you know that your soulmate was trying to make you feel better. As if he knows that you’re sad or he could feel what you’re actually felling. And out of all the lyrics he had wrote so far one had caught your attention. And it has been your favourite one even up till now.

‘I’ll fly through thousand of skies, and in the end, you’ll come to me’

-

You’re running late. Definitely running late for school. But do you care? Nope. Not one bit. It was as if your feet have a mind of his own. Bringing you to the café even before you could think. You have no idea why you took yourself there. When you’re already late. You’re not the type of person who would be late or fancy to be late. But it was as if you feel it in your guts. Telling you that you need to go there now. So, you convince yourself that, since you’re already late, you shall just drop by the café on the way to school. To get your daily caffeine fix.

Walking into the café, nothing was out of the ordinary. There was a short queue infront of you. Getting into the queue and ordering your usual drink. You waited for your order to be called. Are you thinking too much? Maybe it was nothing and you’re wrong.

‘Ice Vanilla Latte’

Upon hearing your order, you walked up to the counter reaching for your drink. But instead, your hand was met by another. It was like a jolt of electricity sending up your arms. Jumping a little, you looked at the guy that you had accidently touched.

Jet black hair, sculpted face, dark eyebrow, deep set of eyes, pink full lips. He has two earing on his left ear. And the same expression of shocked was painted on his face. Both of you stood there observing one another. As if everyone in the background disappeared. And two of you was left. You saw his eyebrow scrunching a little, trying to understand what just happened. Mouth opening a few times as if to begin to speak.

Jong Hyun: As time goes by, this is the place you should be. Even if my greed grows and I get trapped in my dreams. My choice will be the same. You got my bet. You don’t need to love me

You look at him, trying to process what he had just said. Then it finally snapped. You looked at him eyes wide. That’s when he knew. He knew that you finally understand what was going on. He knew that he was right. He smiled. Because he knew that he finally found you. Eyes disappearing forming a crescent. Cheeks raising up as his front teeth showed. You swear you had never seen anyone’s smile as bright as his. Unable to control yourself, you busted out a smile. Looking at your future infront of you.

Jong Hyun: I’ll fly through thousands of skies

Y/N: And in the end, you’ll come to me

He took a step forward, closer to you. Lacing his hand to yours, as both of you felt another joint rising up your arm. But neither of you cared. He leans forward, forehead resting on yours. As his smiled wide as ever on his face. Yours the same. Heart feeling warmer and fuller. You finally felt at peace.

Jong Hyun: Hi

Y/N: uh… Hi..

Jong Hyun: I’m Jong Hyun.

Y/N: Y/N.

Jong Hyun: Y/N…. I finally came..

Y/N: You sure did…