Chapter 16: Meet the parents part 1

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Shin Hye-ah, are you listening?" Shin Hye's thoughts were stirred and she snapped her head up like she just woke up.

"Uh, what?" Shin Hye absent-mindedly asked. She was too deep in thought that she didn't hear her mom was asking her a question. She was having dinner with the whole family. She was thinking on how she will introduce her boyfriend to her parents without them getting mad.

"I said didn't you had a photoshoot with the guys last week?" Her mom said.

"Yes I did." Shin Hye smiled at her mom. Her mom looked at her like she's some weird stranger. "Eomma wae?"

"Nothing. It's just that, normally when you have something with the boys you would talk non-stop about how your day went. But you are just sitting there with your deep thoughts." Her mom analyzed her.

"Ah, uhm, I was just, aah." For the first time in her life, Shin Hye stuttered in front of her parents. Shin Hye's oppa just rolled his eyes and shook his head. Since he is Shin Hye's only sibling, she tells him everything happening to her and in return, he keeps it as a secret, if it needs to be kept as a secret.

"So, Eomma, you said that you would be hosting a dinner tomorrow night. Who did you invite?" Shin Hye's oppa asked their mom. He was able to redirect the topic. 

" Oh really? Why didn't I know this eomma?" Shin Hye asked.

"It's because you're too busy spacing out." Her oppa . He was lifting up his glass so that he could drink.

"Well, since you are not saying anything about your day with Geun Suk, I might as well just ask him directly." Their mom said. Upon hearing this, Shin Hye dropped her spoon on the floor and her oppa choked on his water.

"What's with the reaction kids? Are you that excited? I'm not." Shin Hye's appa spoke for the first time.

"Eomma wae?" Shin Hye asked.

"What? I thought you'd be happy to spend time with him. I thought you like him?" Her mom aked her.

"I did. Liked him. Past tense." Shin Hye said. Her oppa nodded his head.

"Who do you like then now?" Her appa asked.

"Appa no. We are not gonna talk about boys while having dinner." Shin Hye said to her dad. Her dad laughed only. 

"But he agreed to come already. I can't just say that the dinner is cancelled. That is so impolite." Their mom said.

"But eomma," Shin Hye didn't get to finish her question. She thought that this is her chance to be able to say to them what's happening. "Eomma, what if, I already have a boyfriend, and he suddenly came while Geun Suk oppa is having dinner with us."

Every one became quiet and was looking at only her.

"Well I just hope that that is just a hypothetical situation honey. We don't want that to happen in real life." Her mom nervously laughed it off. 

"Hihihi yes eomma." Shin hye faked laugh and continued on with her dinner.

As soon as dinner was over, Shin Hye immediately went straight to her room and closed the door. She was pacing back and forth while holding her phone. Until now, she still don't have any idea on how to tell her parents about her secret boyfriend. 

"Ottoeke? How am I supposed to tell them? Should I bring Kyuhyun with me while I tell them? Waaaah otteoke?" Shin Hye said to herself. She was deep in thought when her phone rang all of a sudden. "Ah chincha! Oh! It's Kyuhyun-ah! Ottoeke? Should I also tell him about the dinner? Ottoeke?" Shin Hye let it ring for a while until she decided to answer it.

"Yo-yoboseyo?" Shin Hye answered.

"Shin Hye-ah? What's wrong?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Nothing I was just, uhm. So what's up?" Shin Hye casually answered.

"Uhm, you left your ipad with me remember? How are you gonna get it from me? We'll be going to China on Saturday and don't you have schedules too? Right?" 

"Yes. Oh my god yes! My ipad! I need it for school. Ottoeke? Why am I having so many problems today?"

"What?! What problems?!" Kyuhyun sounded like he was in a state of panic.

"Problems like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter