Sejeong

I promise you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘So Sejeongie, whats your relationship with Chungha?’, I was greeted by a question as soon as I entered the dorm.

After catching up with Chungha unnie, I told her I have to go home immediately as I remember that I promised Sally to help her with her homework in Korean literature.

‘I heard you cried’, Mimi unnie teased me which made me frown as I know that I will have to deal with their teasing for weeks if Im lucky and months if not.

‘Chungha unnie, was my childhood friend in Anyang. It probably has been more than 10 years since we saw each other’, I said looking for Sally.

‘By the way, wheres Sally? I promised to help her with her homework’, I asked as I can’t see her.

‘Soyee already helped Sally with her homework don’t worry. We thought you would come home late so Soyee volunteered to help her instead’, Nayoung said answering my question.

‘So mind spilling some details about your date?’, Mimi unnie said moving her eyebrows up and down.

‘What date are you talking about? We just went out to catch up and reminisce, that’s all’, I said trying to ignore her teasing.

‘Besides, it looks like Chungha unnie already has someone’, I bitterly said while remembering the conversation I heard from the gang a while ago.  

 

‘Shut up giant, Im not talking to you’, I heard Somi said arguing with Doyeon again.

‘All of us will probably melted already by just Sejeong unnie’s stare. By the way my ship is sailing’, so Kyulkyung is shipping me with Chungha unnie? Don’t worry Kyulkyung I shipped her harder with me more than and longer than you do, I thought while I continue listening to them.

‘Congrats to you, still can’t understand why you shipped them ’, As expected from Doyeon, just wait and see. Someday I will ruin your plan if you ever tried to make a surprise event for your girlfriend.

‘Honestly, I think I will prefer that Yase over Huihyeon unnie’, Somi said which suddenly caught my attention, ‘Is there something between Chungha unnie and Huihyeon’, I thought to myself slowly changing my mood.

‘Really?’, Kyulkyung asked shocked by Somi.

‘Sorry unnie, but your bae can be a bit scary’, Somi said while looking at Chungha unnie which earned a nod from the other girls.

‘Are they dating or what? Out of all the people why it has to be Huihyeon...again’, I thought bitterly.

‘Is it Huihyeon?’, Naong unnie asked which surprised me.

‘How did you know?’, I asked.

‘By Huihyeon, do you mean your cat-look-a-like teammate in athletics who almost got you kicked out from the team?’, Mimi unnie asked.

‘Sejeong ain't actually officially belong to the team anymore’, Naong said, which is true because after I become a National representative, the school decided to let me have a different training program to the athletics club. I don’t have to join to the other competition anymore as I already have secured on the National team.

‘So is there anything between them?’, I asked trying to be hopeful.

‘Well I’m not really sure, I heard that Chungha turndown Huihyeon’s confession but not officially’, Naong said which made me disappointed and jealous at the same time.

‘I guess it’s safe to say that they are in a mutual understanding or get to know each other phase?’, Naong added.

 

Its already 4 in the morning and I should be preparing myself to go for a jog, but I still haven’t slept at all. The whole Chungha and Huihyeon thing is still bothering me. I close my eyes and force myself to sleep but I was reminded of the promised that I made with Chungha unnie in the past instead. An innocent promise we made where I think I am the only one who is serious about it.

‘The princess married the prince and they live happily ever after’, I closed the book as I finished reading the last line written in the story. I look at Chungha unnie who is now in deep thought after I read her a story.

‘Unnie, are you ok?, didn’t you like the story?’, I asked trying to get her attention.

‘I like it don’t worry, I was just thinking how lucky the princess is to have a prince that is willing to marry her despit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter