Sejeong

I promise you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Sejeong-ah, are you really serious about choosing Huihyeon as you're training partner?', our coach ask for the nth time already. I just nod at her as I was busy playing on my phone. It's been awhile since I was put again under her care but all the times we spent together are enough for us to have a strong bond.

'I know Huihyeon is our best player here but the others are good enough to train with you too. I don't want you to engaged on another fight again', she said still can't believe my decision.

'I know but I still want Huihyeon to train with me. Besides it will also be a good opportunity for her to train with other National athletes and a chance for her to be noticed by the administration', I told her putting my phone back on my pocket after losing the game.

'It is a good opportunity but I can't let the two of you fight again especially that the competition is already starting. Both of you could lose your chance to represent our country if you two get in trouble again.

'We won't, don't worry. I just think it's already time to end this cold war between us so please trust me on this', I said convincing her.

After talking with Chaeyeon, my mind was filled with Huihyeon. I decided to finally end the cold war between us thinking that we can never avoid each other especially that she has high chance to be on the National team too. Aside from that I've been noticing Chungha unnie being sad and down these days with how Huihyeon always ignore her.

'Ok, if that's what you want but please try not to get in trouble', she said finally agreeing on my decision.

'Thank you unnie', I said from excitement forgetting to call her coach.

'That's coachnim for you', she said pinching me from my side as I let out a yelp.

 

'1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2,', we chanted as Huihyeon and I  jog around the school for warm-up.

'Sejeong sunbaenim, Huihyeon sunbaenim, fighting!', some of our hoobaes in school shouted as I smiled and formed a big heart with my arms for them making them scream excitedly.

'Yah! wait for me', I called Huihyeon who continue running completely ignoring me.

'Yah, didn't I told you to wait for me?', I said catching my breath as we finally reach the gym.

'Don't order me around just because our coach assigned me to be your training buddy', she said with irritation evident on her voice. She probably really hate this idea.

'And don't call me yah as if we're friends. I’m still the captain of this team', she added bumping my shoulder with hers.

'How long will we continue to be like this', I asked her holding her arm to stop her from walking away from me.

'We can't ignore each other forever', I added as I saw her close her fist and turn around to face me.

'I could ignore you as long as I want so stop coming at me telling me to fix everything. Like I told you before there is nothing to fix in the first place', she said as she gripped my shirt tightly.

'Then punch me', I bravely say directly looking at her eyes.

'If you really think I stole you're position as the school's ace then punch me', I told her and notice our teammates watching us.

'S-shut up', she says gritting her teeth suppressing her anger.

'If you really believe that it's my fault that Chaeyeon fell in love with me then punch me', I said again.

'Shut up', she said again this time louder with her voice filled with anger but I didn't stop.

'If you are really angry with me because Chungha unnie chose me over you then punch me', I said louder and felt a hard punch on my cheek making me fell on the floor.

'I told you to shut up', she said getting on top of me with her right fist ready to punch my again.

Our teammates and coach was about to stop her but I gave her signal not to so she stop our teammates instead.

'If you think that I’m truly at fault then punch me until your satisfied', I said closing my eyes for another punch but felt a tear dropped on my face instead.

'I- I ah I-I’m sorry', she said letting me go from her gripped.

The gym became quiet as our coach looked at me and signal our teammates to leave us alone. I just stare at Huihyeon crying her eyes out and waited for her to finish. It was my first time to see her cry as she always been strong and hard headed. All I could do was offer my handkerchief to her which she unexpectedly accepted.

After crying, we didn't talked much and just help each other stand up. Words aren't needed anyway for us to understand that both of us wanted to be friends again.

'Don't get me wrong, I still hate you', she says coolly as if she wasn't bawling with tears a while ago.

'But let's try to get along again', she added and offer her hands to me.

'After that punch? Don't expect me to like you too', I said taking her hand as both of us laugh together for the first time in a while.

Our coach dismissed me from training to go to the clinic and punished Huihyeon to run 3 times around the school for punching me. She actually gave me a choice if I would want her to be punished or not but feeling the pain on my cheeks I chose the latter.

 

'Did you got into another fight again?', Naong asked as soon as I enter the classroom.

'Who hit you this time?', she asked again looking at my swollen cheek covered with plaster.

'Huihyeon', I said and saw her expression changed from being worried to irritation.

'Where is she? I swear I'm starting to lose my patience on her', she said angrily standing up probably to go to Huihyeon.

Naong may act dumbly most of the time but she can be scary when she’s angry. In addition she cares a lot and is very protective with the ones she loves.

'Yah, sit down. I was the one who provoked her and it ended in a good way so don't worry', I told her as I hold her arm to stop her from leaving.

'R-really? That's good then...', she said getting back to her sit.

'Naong-ah', I called hesitantly thinking if I should ask her or not.

'Something wrong? You sound hesitant', she said with concern in her eyes.

'N-nothing’s wrong, just want to ask you something', I said to stop her from worrying.

'If it’s about , you don't really have to be hesitant', she said smirking making me flustered.

'W-what are you t-talking about?? I wasn't even thinking of ', I said a little bit loudly getting the attention of our classmate as Naong laugh at my embarrass state.

'You don't have to be defensive', she said still laughing her off.

'What do you want to ask anyway?', she finally ask getting her composure back.

'I was supposed to ask you to accompany me at the hospital but never mind, I'll just ask someone else', I said showing her a paper containing a permission to go out of school early with the signature of our school nurse.

It was actually only for me so I could go to the hospital for more examination to ensure that my cheeks wasn't hurt badly but I pleaded our school nurse to allow me to go out with someone knowing Naong would want to go home early too.

'Yahhh, forget everything I told you earlier and take me with you please', she pleaded as I continue to that I changed my mind already.

'You know that I'll be stuck with my father until tomorrow right? So please let me have some time to enjoy myself before I go', she continued to plead making sorts of faces to convince me.

'Ok, just stop with those faces. It wasn't even cute', I said earning a hit from her.

 

'Does Chungha know?', Naong asked with her eyes focused on the road. We are on our way to the hospital now with Naong driving.

'Not yet, I'll be meeting her anyway', I said looking at my cheeks with my phone.

I texted Chungha unnie earlier telling her that I won't be able to eat lunch with her as I have to go to the hospital for health examination. I purposely didn't tell her what happened this morning so she won't be worried.

'Going on a date?', she asked with a teasing tone.

'Yup, we're going to watch some movies later. Got something to recommend?', I asked since I don't have any idea what to watch.

'Don't have any. I was too busy these days to be updated', she said which is true. Unlike me, Nayoung has been busy with exams preparation, upcoming archery competition and family business so I'm the one who's been filling her cafe duties this time.

'Why don't you watch at the dorm instead? Hana unnie just bought bunch of DVD's yesterday. You can even use the TV I bought for our room', she suggested.

'Maybe next time, we already agreed to watch at the mall later', I sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter