Chungha

I promise you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Nayoungiee, what should I do?’, I asked Nayoung who is sitting on her bed while reading a book.

I’ve been panicking in our room for quite a while.

Nayoung just role her eyes at me and went back reading.

‘Just cancel your date with Huihyeon’, she said with her eyes still fixed on her book.

‘I can’t, she will surely get angry, we’ve been fighting a lot these days because of Sejeong’, I said as I remember how we’ve been fighting and arguing these days.

Huihyeon had been really sensitive especially to the things that involves Sejeong. She’s been telling me to stay away from Sejeong which annoys me causing us to argue from time to time.

‘Then tell Sejeong that you can’t accompany her anymore’, Nayoung said closing her book this time.

‘I can’t, I don’t think I can do that’, I said as I look down.

‘Why though? Sejeong will definitely understand if you say you can’t go’, she said while looking at me.

‘I know she will, but she will probably get hurt if I suddenly back down’, I answered.

‘Besides, I think she needs someone right now’, I added as I remember the sadness and fear lacing Sejeong’s voice that midnight.

‘Then asked either of them to change the schedule’, Nayoung said.

‘The problem is Huihyeon would probably get annoyed if I tell her to move our meeting time because of Sejeong and I don’t really have any idea where Sejeong going take me’ I said.

‘You should ask Sejeong so we can plan it out’, Nayoung said getting frustrated as me.

‘I don’t know, I don’t want Sejeong to think that she’s burdening me, she was very hesitant when she asked me’, I said and buried my face to the pillow.

‘You have a point but you have to choose one’, she said as I just let out a sigh.

 

‘You should wear something comfortable for tomorrow, I already plan where we are going’, Huihyeon excitedly told me which made me guilty as I already plan to accompany Sejeong instead.

‘You sound excited’, I said.

‘You bet I am, the athletics competition will be starting soon so the preparations is making me really busy’, she said frowning probably trying to get my sympathy which made me smile. Huihyeon rarely acts cute so her acting like a kid is really adorable for me.

‘A-actually, Huihyeon I--’, I said trying to get her attention but get cut off by her excitement.

‘I’m telling you, you will really going to like it’, she said happily. Seeing how happy and excited she is I just can’t bring myself to reschedule our date so I just nod at her.

‘What are you saying again? Sorry for cutting you off, I just can’t hold my excitement’, she said as she looked at me with her smile still plastered on her face.

‘Nothing, it’s not really important’, I said before our teacher come to class.

 

I was so preoccupied with Sejeong and Huihyeon that I can’t get myself to focus in class. I just look at the window of our room trying to distract myself from my thought only to see Sejeong and Naong bickering at the hallway. They probably got kicked out from class again. I just let out a sigh before Sejeong turned her head to look at me meeting my eyes. She immediately smiled at me while waving her hands which just earned a kick from Naong making them fight again. They must’ve been so loud for Mr. Lee to come out from their room to scold the two. I finally understand why the whole school calls them dumb and dumber, but they are so adorable regardless.

‘Should I just tell Sejeong that I can’t go instead? She will probably understand right?’, I thought to myself as I peek to Sejeong again who is now laughing with Naong.

 

‘Hey did you tell Huihyeon yet?’, I heard Nayoung said as she sits down beside me. We are now at the dance club’s room taking a break from practice.

‘Not really, I’ll probably just won’t go with Sejeong instead’, I said as I felt her staring at me seriously.

‘Huihyeon just looks so excited this morning and I just can’t bring myself to break it’, I added which made her nod.

‘That can’t be help, but when will you tell Sejeong?, She’s probably busy on her shift at the café’, Nayoung said.

‘I’ll probably just message her later, I don’t think I can tell her personally’, I said.

‘If that’s what your decision then I’ll support you but I really think it’s better to tell her personally’, Nayoung said before giving her hand to help me stand up and announced that break is over.

 

“Sejeongie, I’m really sorry but I don’t think I can make it tomorrow”, I finally sent after revising and editing my message for the nth time.

“I’ll make sure I will definitely make up to you, I promise”, I send again thinking that my text wasn’t enough.

“It’s ok, don’t think about it too much”, she replied. I was about to reply when another message came.

“Is that why you look so stress this morning? I noticed that you’ve been sighing a lot in your class XD XD”, I read and typed another message.

“Not exactly but it was part of the reason, I’m really sorry T-T”, I send after I finished typing.

“Just treat me for a meal later and please don’t think too much about it”, I read feeling relieve that Sejeong seems really fine with it.

“Okay, I won’t”, I send again. We continued to message each other about random things until we decided to call it a night.

‘Is this really the right choice?’, I asked myself as I held my phone tighter.

 

‘Hey are you okay?’, I heard Nayoung asked before she takes another bite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter