Sejeong

I promise you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Mind telling me why you’re in this kitchen this early', I heard Haebin unnie asked. I turned around to see her standing with her hands folded in front.

'C-cooking?', I said nervously startled at Haebin unnie's sudden appearance. Haebin unnie has always been gentle and caring but she can also be a bit intimidating at times especially when it’s about kitchen. She doesn't really like it when someone makes a mess on the kitchen being the mother figure that she is.

'I can see that but why exactly?', she said raising one of her eyebrows towards me.  

'I just want to cook something for everyone as an apology for giving all of you a hard time', I said honestly. I can see her expression soften as she went closer to me and hug me shortly. Though it’s short, I can’t help but feel touched knowing that she's the not the type that show her affection through skinships.

'Don't be sorry, we are family here so it’s only natural for us to understand each other especially when one of us is having a hard time', she said patting my back.

'Thank you unnie', I said appreciating her words.

'Now can you give me that beautiful smile of yours? I miss seeing your bright face', she said which made the corners of my lips automatically turn upwards forming a genuine smile.

'But Sejeong-ah, as much as I appreciate your effort to cook for us, I still can’t trust you with the kitchen so I can't really leave you alone', she said which made me giggle.  

'It's okay, I need some expert to guide me anyway, I don’t want to ruin everyone’s breakfast', I said honestly knowing that I will fail without anyone’s help. She gently smiled back at me putting an apron as she patiently guided me in cooking.

 

'Are you sure this is edible? I don’t really have faith on your cooking skills', Naong said full of doubt.

We are now eating breakfast and fortunately I succeeded in cooking thanks to Haebin unnie's help. I tried really hard to stop myself from adding things to the food wanting to serve everyone a delicious meal. I just can’t believe that they are doubting me right now thinking that it might not be edible and I even tried so hard to make it look delicious.

'Sorry Sejeong unnie but I want to have a good breakfast', Hyeyeon said as she inspect the food.

'Can I eat a cereal instead?', Sally said smelling the food.

'Yah, I worked really hard on this', I said whining.

'Do we really have to eat this', Soyee said putting down her spoon.

'It's edible don't worry. Sejeong worked really hard to make everyone a delicious breakfast', Haebin unnie said convincing everyone to eat.

'Well if Haebin unnie said so, I guess this is safe to eat', Mina said with doubt still apparent in her voice.

'I'll trust you Haebin with this', Mimi unnie said as she tried the food.

'So how was it? Yummy right?', I asked moving my eyebrows up and down as I watched them chew their food.

'Did you really made this?', Naong said giving me a doubtful look.

'Of course, can you please stop doubting me', I said giving her a frown.

‘Ok ok, I believe in you. Just stop frowning’, Naong said taking another bite.

'Should I cook our dinner later?', Mimi unnie suggested out of nowhere.

'No', all of us said in sync.

'Why? You let Sejeong cook so why won’t you let me cook too?', she said frowning at Haebin unnie.

‘Sejeongie is tolerable while you don’t really listen to me’, Haebin unnie said shutting off Mimi unnie.

‘That’s so unfair, I want to cook too’, Mimi unnie whines making all of us laugh. Seeing all of them laughing and enjoying their morning I can’t help but feel touch and happy. I am really blessed to have everyone in my life.

 

'Sejeong unnie?', Yoojung's voice greeted me as she opened the door. After having breakfast with my unnies and dongsaengs, I immediately left to go to IoI dorm as I was planning to go to school with Chungha unnie.

'Morning', I greeted her with a big smile as she let me entered the dorm.

'Are you here to fetched Chungha unnie?', she asked. I was about to answer her when Doyeon and Somi suddenly join us.

'Do you even have to ask her? She’s obviously here for Chungha unnie', Somi said as if Yoojung ask something ridiculous.

'Chungha unnie ain’t here tho', Doyeon said sitting beside Yoojung.

'W-what?', I asked thinking I heard her statement wrong.

'She left the dorm early with Sunmi unnie', Doyeon answered.

'Didn't you tell Chungha unnie that you're going to fetched her?', Somi asked.

'I was planning to surprise her, who's Sunmi by the way? I said curiously. Chungha unnie isn’t really the type to be late but wasn’t also the type to go early as she really value sleeping.

'A very pretty girl with long legs', Doyeon said wiggling her brows.

'Chungha unnie's ex-girlfriend actually', Somi added getting me off guard.

'Chungha unnie has an ex-girlfriend?', I asked surprised as Chungha unnie never mentioned about her having an ex before.

'Of course, Chungha unnie isn't like you who just flirt around with girls', Somi said as she rolled her eyes.

'Why does everyone assumes that I always flirt around with girls? I was just being friendly', I asked getting offended by them.

'Friendly…Yeah unnie..say that after you stop winking to every pretty girls you see', Doyeon said shaking her head.

‘Or pat their while saying flirty words towards them’, Somi added.

'Anyway congratulations unnie, Chungha unnie already told us about the two of you this morning', Yoojung said changing the topic.

‘Awww she did?’, I said getting shy and feeling myself starting to blush.

 'You better not hurt Chungha unnie again', Somi said warning me.

'I'll try my best not too, I want to protect her this time', I said as I remember how much pain I caused to Chungha unnie. They just nod at me giving me their approval of our relationship.

'You should just go with us since Chungha unnie already left', Doyeon said as they went to their rooms to get their bags. Kyulkyung went to join us too.

 

As soon as we arrived at school, my eyes went to search for Chungha unnie but I wasn’t able to see her.

'What’s with that face? You were all smiley this morning', Naong said as she sat beside me.

'Did you get the chance to go here with Chungha', she asked noticing my mood.

'Nope, Somi said she already left with her ex-girlfriend when I got there', I said feeling down. I was honestly disappointed as I didn’t get the chance to go to school with her. And thinking that she’s with her ex is really disturbing. I can’t help but feel jealous.

'Chungha has an ex-girlfriend?', Naong asked surprised.

'Do you know her name?', Naong added. I paused for a little bit trying to remember the name as I tend to be forgetful most of the time.

'Su.. Sunhye?.. Sunji?..Sunmi?  I think', I said with uncertainty.

'You mean Sunmi unnie?', Naong said which got my attention.

'You know her?', I asked.

'I saw her once in the dance competition. She and Chungha looks so sweet but I thought they’re just friends though', Naong said as she searched for her phone out of her pocket and showed me some pictures posted under that Sunmi's account. They were indeed look so sweet and I felt myself getting jealous especially seeing how pretty she is.

'I was about to say something but got interrupted by Mr. Lee as he entered the room. I tried to focus on his lectures but the thought of Chungha unnie with her ex is honestly distracting.

Morning class has already ended and I immediately went to the cafeteria thinking that Chungha unnie is there. Even though I’m still feeling jealous, my desire to see Chungha unnie is bigger. As I arrived at the cafeteria, a lot of my schoolmates were greeting me. I just nod at them and gave them a smile as I was busy searching for Chungha unnie.

‘Sejeongie’, I turned around after hearing teacher Kahi called me.

‘Nice to see you here in school again’, she added as she pats my shoulder.

‘I miss you too teacher Kahi’, I sarcastically said knowing that she miss me a lot.

‘You’ve been working too much. Try to take a rest for a while and eat more you’re mochi cheeks are starting to disappear’, she said worriedly probably noticing me getting skinnier.

‘I will. Don’t want to make my lovable teacher worried about her favorite student’, I said with a big smile on my face.

‘You should. But Chungha and Nayoung are my favorite students though. You and Naong were just troublemakers that’s why I paid extra attention to both of you so don’t get the wrong idea’, she said teasing me.

‘Yeah yeah, teacher Kahi if you say so’, I said knowing that she just like us a lot and doesn’t want to admit it.

After bidding teacher Kahi goodbye, I tried to search for Chungha unnie again. As I scan the whole cafeteria, I felt my heart dropped as I saw Chungha unnie with a very pretty girl. I already thought Sunmi-shi is very pretty when I saw her in the pictures Naong showed me but she is way prettier in real life. If I wasn’t that jealous I would definitely want to be friends with her. I felt myself getting more jealous seeing them act very sweetly towards each other. They are even feeding each other while eating and I admit they do look cute together. Not being able to bear my jealousy I turned around and decided to go back to the classroom. I do believe that Chungha unnie loves me as much as I love her but I can’t help but feel disappointed thinking I was the only one who’s excited to see her.

 

‘You’re done eating your lunch already?’, Naong said as I entered the classroom.

‘You still haven’t eaten yet?’, I asked as I saw her get her lunch from her bag. Naong don’t usually bring lunch as we often buy food in the cafeteria but Hana unnie was being so sweet today and made Naong her lunch.

‘Nope, I was video chatting Hana unnie earlier’, she said.

‘How about you? You look gloomy again. You weren’t able to find Chungha?’, she asked which made me frown remembering the scene I saw earlier.

‘I did, but she looks so busy with Sunmi-shi. I don’t want to bother them so I decided to go back’, I said.

‘Sunmi unnie is here? I should greet her’, Naong said which made me frown more. Sometimes Naong can be a little bit insensitive. 

‘Why are you frowning? I know your jealous but Chungha is already your bae’, she said.

‘I know that, I just can’t help it you know’, I said sighting.

‘Don’t you feel jealous whenever me and Hana unnie acts sweet with each other?’, I ask her. Even though Hana and Naong are together it’s impossible that she never feel jealous towards us as no one can change the fact that I was Hana unnie’s first love.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter