Chungha

I promise you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is there something wrong between us? Please tell me", I sent another message to Sejeong hoping to get a reply this time.

‘15 minutes’

‘30 minutes’

‘1 hour’ had passed but I still haven’t got any message from her.

‘Please Sejeongie’, I said to myself as I scrolled up reading my past messages that I sent to Sejeong which was left without response from her.

“Sejeong are you okay?”

“Please talk to me”

“Did I do something that offended you?”

“Why are you ignoring me?”

I felt the tears slowly forming in my eyes feeling the pain again. I want to be angry with her, shout out her and blame her for making me feel this miserable, this clueless and this crazy. But at the same time I also want to see her, embrace her and kiss her knowing how much I missed her.

‘Why are you doing this to me?’, I said while looking at my phone screen with a picture of me and Sejeong brightly smiling at the camera.

‘I missed you’, I said again as I let my tears flow.

 

‘Chungha unnie, are you okay’, Yoojung asked softly with worried expression. I gently smiled at her, not having the strength to answer her.  We are now in the practice room  to prepare for our upcoming competition. I guess I must’ve look awful for Yoojung to be this worried.

‘I guess you still haven’t talked with Sejeong unnie yet’, Kyulkyung said sighing.

‘Mina can’t you talk with that jerk unnie of yours?’, Somi said as I felt her getting angry.

‘Ya! Let’s not call Sejeong unnie a jerk, we still don’t know her side yet’, Doyeon said defending Sejeong. I can’t blame her though knowing how close they are. Even though Doyeon always mock Sejeong together with Somi, I know how she admires Sejeong a lot.

‘With or without explanation, she’s still hurting Chungha unnie’, Somi countered back to Doyeon. I can feel the tension growing from them as they both clench their fist. Doyeon was about to say something when Kyulkyung interrupted them.

‘Can you two stop fighting, let Mina talk’, Kyulkyung said scolding the two. Kyulkyung may be a trouble maker with those two s, but she still acts as an unnie when she has to.

‘Mina, Had you had any chance to talk to Sejeong unnie? I haven’t seen her around lately’, Kyulkyung said looking expectantly at Mina.

‘Not really unnie. Even though we are living together I either see her busy with something or already sleeping’, Mina said as sadness can be seen in her eyes.

‘Even Naong unnie can’t have any proper conversation with her. The unnies also decided to give Sejeong unnie some time as we don’t want to trigger something’, she added.

'What do you mean by trgger something?', Nayoung asked with her eyebrows furrowing.

'Well.. Naong unnie kinda said something that made Sejeong unnie angry. I still remember the hurt expression on her face while saying something about Naong unnie will never understand her. She was even shaking while gritting her teeth and clenching her fist. So Hana unnie told us to just give Sejeong unnie some time to sort out everything with herself as we don’t want it to happen anymore', Mina explained sighing.

‘T-that’s sad’, Yoojung said with sadness lacing her voice. Everyone becomes silent probably not knowing what to say. Noticing how the atmosphere around us becomes heavy I decide to step up and cheer everyone.

‘Hey cheer up, let’s stop thinking of Sejeong for now’, I said as I feel suffocated by the atmosphere.

‘But unnie-’, Somi was about to say something but I interrupted her.

‘I’m fine, I still have all of you so don’t worry about me’, I said to Somi knowing how she's still worried for me.

‘Chungha’s right, let’s not be too work up with Sejeong for now. We have another competition to prepare for’, Nayoung said as she went to start the music. I stop myself from thinking of Sejeong and focus on dancing instead.

After the practice, I was able to drift my mind off Sejeong. The IoI gang and I went to the karaoke to release some stress. It was chaotic but fun at the same time. I appreciated their company and their effort to comfort me. But as soon as I laid down my bed I suddenly thought of Sejeong again. I just can’t help but think about her even though its painful. I guess I've fallen deeply in love with her that I can’t stop thinking of her anymore even if I want to. Not being able to think anymore, I decided to go out to get some fresh air. I carefully walk out my room not wanting to wake up Nayoung who is already sleeping.

While walking, I tried to empty my thoughts distracting myself from thinking too much about Sejeong. But it didn't help as I reach the park near our dorm. The image of Sejeong crying in park suddenly flooded me as I remember how she feels pathetic of not being able to go inside the hospital to see her mother alone. I sat on the swing and let my mind be filled with Sejeong getting tired in suppressing my feelings. I felt my eyes start to filled with tears. I didn't held it this time and just let my tears flow.

After crying so long I felt the weight in my heart getting lighter. I wipe my tears and started to sort out my thoughts. I tried really hard to think for every posible reason as to why Sejeong started to drift away. But no matter how much I think, I still cant understand Sejeong's actions towards me. My thoughts were interrupted as I felt that I'm not alone anymore. I can feel someone is looking at me probably curious why someone is still outside this late. I decided to just ignore it thinking that he or she will go away soon.

''Chungha unnie', A voice that I've been longing to hear called me. I felt my heart's rate rapidly increased, beating faster than it was.

'Sejeongie', I said as I raised my head to look at her direction. Seeing her again I realize how much I miss her. All the sadness, pain, anger disappointment I felt for her disappeared and was replaced by longing, love and relieve.

'Sejeongie, I missed you' I said in a very gentle voice, afraid that I might drive h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter