Chungha

I promise you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Are there any more suggestions or clarifications?', Nayoung asked looking at each of us. We were having a group discussion for our incoming project that would be submitted by the next 2 months. I know it’s quite too early to start but Nayoung said it would be better to start sooner since most of us has a lot of activities and incoming competitions to train and study for. The meeting was honestly quite awkward for me since Huihyeon was part of our group. She didn’t even acknowledge nor gave me glance throughout our discussion which hurt me a bit because I really miss talking and spending time with her.

'So I guess everything is settled now? If you have questions and suggestions or needed any help feel free to ask me or any members. I hope everyone will do their roles and assigned task well', Nayoung says dismissing the meeting. Huihyeon just stand up and went out immediately not even bidding everyone goodbye. I just sighed feeling sad of what happened to us. I don’t blame her though, she must be hurting right now.

'Hey, don't worry everything will be ok between the two of you. Like what I told you before, just give her some time', Nayoung said patting my back as she pulled me to the cafeteria.

'Stone Nayoung, Chungha unnie', I heard Sejeong shout as soon as we enter the cafeteria. Seeing her enthusiastically waving at us made me feel better. I felt myself smiling immediately as I went to sit with her.

'Here, we already ordered for the two of you', she says handing me a tray of food.

'Sejeong actually ordered only for Chungha at first. She forgot that Nayoung is with you', Naong said making Sejeong kick her.

'So I was the one who ordered for you instead', Kyulkyung cutely says batting her eyes to Nayoung. Meanwhile Nayoung just patted her head and thanked her making her eyes form hearts.

'You haven't eaten yet?', I asked after noticing that Sejeong's plate is still untouched.

'Nope, I was waiting for you', she said sweetly as she feeds me a spoonful of her food.

'Yes, she was waiting for you while eating mine instead', Naong said making everyone laugh.

'Seriously, Sejeong unnie is such a whipped girlfriend', Doyeon says teasing Sejeong.

'Not denying it though', Sejeong said while winking making Somi throw her fork at her.

'Please stop being disgusting unnie', Somi said rolling her eyes. Sejeong was about to argue with Somi but I stop her by feeding her some food. We just continue eating and joking around with mostly the kids bullying Naong.

'You weren't standing in the hall way this morning. Did you attend Mr. Lee's class?', I asked Sejeong as I eat the last piece of my food. I didn't really eat that much and mostly feed Sejeong  since I don't have that much appetite and seeing her eat well already makes me satisfied.

'You make it sound like it’s a normal thing for us to be kicked out by Mr. Lee. I did attend his class, I even took notes', she proudly told me with still filled with food.

'Everyone was really dumbfounded when Sejeong participated in class. Even Mr. Lee was flustered when she answered everything right and got a perfect score in our quiz. I really thought I was having weird dreams again. I was actually expecting her to fall asleep since she got home around midnight’, Naong said making everyone surprised not believing what they just heard.

'Really? Sejeong unnie? Participating  in Mr. Lee's class? That doesn't make sense honestly', Mina said making Sejeong glared at her.

'Believe me. I even forgot to answer my own paper when I saw Sejeong confidently answering hers. Good thing she took mine and answered it for me', Naong said giving fist bump to Sejeong.

'That’s nice to hear. Sorry for doubting you', I said pinching Sejeong cheeks making the kids whined telling us to stop flirting in front of them. We talked a little bit more until we heard the bell rang indicating all the students to come back to class.

'Oh right I just remember, teacher Kahi wants me to give this to you', Nayoung said handing a small notebook to Sejeong.

'She says it was from your coach', she added before we bid them goodbye.

'What was that?', I asked Nayoung as we entered the classroom.

'Probably a new set of training exercises she has to follow before her official training starts', she said as we sat on our respective seats. The class was a little bit boring this time since most of the faculty are busy today with the upcoming competitions and academic activities.

 

'Chungha unnie, can you please pick up Choi Yoojung from the floor!', Doyeon shouted as she keeps telling Yoojung to stop lying down on the floor.

'Unnie, I dont think I can go on anymore', Yoojung said lifelessly as if her soul just left her.

Examinations are coming up so Yoojung is completely drained from all studying, not to mention that Nayoung cut off our dance practices for a week in preparation of examination day so we can’t relive our stress through dancing.

'Take a break for a while, Sejeong says her training is over and she'll be bringing ice cream when she gets here', I said making them excited.

'Sejeong unnie is still training? Shouldn't she be preparing for exams?', Sohye asked closing her book for a while as everyone decided to take a break. Sejeong isn’t really starting her official training yet but it was a bit stricter than before with the athletics club's coach supervising her. But I’m honestly a little bit worried since she's training with Huihyeon because the last time they were together cause a huge commotion. I don't want to see them punching and physically hurt each other again.

'She doesn't really have to study that much, I mean she’s a National athlete so the teachers will never give her a failing grade. It won’t really be that advantageous for the school to fail her', Somi said which is true. With the number of Sejeong's absences and being late, she should be dropped out already. But as Somi says it won’t be advantageous for the school to fail her not just because of the sponsors but can also cause complications with the general public since she’s really popular.

‘Besides universities are already lining up waiting for her to graduate. She already got her future secured as long as she doesn’t met with accidents’, Doyeon added.

'Makes me regret quitting taekwando', Somi said sighing. Somi was actually a taekwondo player since she was a kid and even a black belter but she quit after entering high school reasoning she got bored of it and realize she loves dancing more.

'Nayoung unnie, don’t we have any privilege as dancers? We also bring glory to this school', Yoojung asked Nayoung who’s still absorbed to what she's reading.

‘We do but not like Sejeong’s. We have our own facility and are financially supported by the school and that’s more than enough honestly’, Nayoung said without taking her eyes off the book she’s reading.

 

‘Besides, Sejeong unnie is an athlete not a dancer. She’s competing for the country not just for the school’, Doyeon said rolling her eyes off Yoojung.

 

‘Just go and study Yoodaeng’, Sohye said laughing.

 

'How about you unnie? Don’t you have any privilege as the owner of this school?', Yoojung asked looking at me.

‘Not really. It’s actually more of a burden on my side as I have to study extra hard and prove everyone that I’m deserving for my grades’, I said while checking my phone for Sejeong’s message.

'I guess being the owner isn’t really that advantageous', Yoojung said flopping on the floor again making Doyeon more irritated.

 

'What is my baby Yoodaeng doing on the floor?', Sejeong said catching everyone’s attention.

'Sejeong unnie!', Yoojung excitedly says as she jumps towards Sejeong. Good thing that she's an athlete so she managed to catch Yoojung and carry her.

'Took you awhile to get here unnie, that kid is not listening to us and keep lying on the floor', Doyeon said irritated. Yoojung just gave her a tounges out making Doyeon more irritated.

'Calling her a kid makes you sounds a e though since she's your girlfriend', Sejeong says laughing.

'What about you then? Don’t you call Chungha unnie your baby sometimes?', Doyeon said.

'Not really, Chungha unnie is the one who keeps referring me to a baby. Babe sounds ier honestly', Sejeong said which I didn’t deny since I do call her that sometimes especially whenever she acts adorable.

'Really unnie? You call her a baby? You know what, I’m not even going to comment anymore, Somi said rolling her eyes at me.

'Well Sejeong is a baby though', I said pinching Sejeong cheeks and giving it a peck making the kids complain.

'How’s your training?', I asked Sejeong as we watch everyone started to dig in the ice cream and snacks  she brought.

'Tiring as usual', Sejeong says leaning her head on my shoulder with her voice asking for sympathy.

'We still have to study though', I said making her groaned at the idea.

'Why won’t we have a cuddling session instead? It sounds more interesting, isn’t it?', she asked moving her eyebrows up and down making me pinch her arm.

'Stop tempting me', I said as both of us laugh. We joined the others shortly before we decided to go back to our study session. I didn’t actually need to study that much anymore since I already mastered everything but I promised Sejeong to help her study since I was the one who forced her.

'I can't believe I'm seeing Sejeong unnie really studying instead of flirting', Sohye said as she watch Sejeong answers the exercises I gave her.

'Well I did came here to study', Sejeong said as if she didn’t suggested to have a cuddling session earlier.

'You could've join Naong and Hana unnie. I’m sure Hana unnie is making Naong unnie study too', Doyeon said sitting beside Sejeong.

'No thanks, Hana unnie can be really strict. I bet Naong is the one who wants to join here. Besides, Chungha unnie gives me kisses every time I get the answer right so I rather be here than with them’, Sejeong said making Doyeon nod at her agreeing on what she said.

 

'You aren't really going to stay for dinner Sejeong unnie?', Sohye asked Sejeong pouting as she wanted her to stay longer.

'Nope penguin, I still have cafe duties', Sejeong said patting Sohye's .

'I'll say hi for Mina for you, don't worry', Sejeong added with her ajhussi laugh.

'Here, please study these in advance if you have time later and underline the things you can’t understand. You can also call me if you have any questions', I said giving her the notes I prepared for her.

'Thanks unnie, I'll probably ask Naong or Hana unnie instead so you can sleep early', Sejeong said smiling at me. I honestly feel disappointed as I want her to rely on me first but I understand that Sejeong probably feels like she's burdening me already.

'So I guess I'll just see you tomorrow', I said kissing her cheek before bidding her goodbye.

 

The examination day came and Sejeong was so cute panicking before as she keeps asking what if she fails the exams so i try to reassure her from time to time. Naong on the other hand was amused seeing Sejeong panicked and said that Sejeong doesn’t usually bothered by the exam as she already accepted failing even before seeing the test papers.

'You'll do well', I said reassuring her giving her a fighting pose before we separated.

The exams weren’t pretty hard for me. And reading each question, I believe that Sejeong might ace the exams as most of the contents were emphasized during our study sessions. I was able to leave the class earlier as our adviser teacher Kahi allows us to leave after you finish answering. I went to the cafeteria as everyone agreed to meet there after the exam.

'As expected, Mr. Lee's and Ms. Choi's exams are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter