Chungha

I promise you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Ch-Chungha unnie', as I heard her say my name, without any doubt I know who is this person in front of me. 

Her voice may have changed and matured but I can recognize this feeling I always feel whenever this person call me.

‘Sejeongie’, I said without hesitation and walk near her to envelop her in my arms.

As I hug her, I realize how much I missed her and suddenly all the longing, pain and disappointment I felt before had disappeared. 

I felt her sobbed harder so I release her from my embrace and look directly in her eyes, ignoring the stares of my friends and schoolmates. I wiped her tears as I mouthed the words I’ve always wanted to say to her but never had the chance to.

‘Sejeongie, I’m back. You can finally stop waiting’, I told her as I rested my hand on her cheeks.

‘I missed you’, I added still looking in her eyes. 

‘I-I missed you too Chungha unnie’, Sejeong says as she tried to stop herself from sobbing.

I hugged her once again and let her rest head on my shoulder.

 

‘Care to explain that scene we saw a while ago?’, Doyeon said with her eyebrows raised.

‘I can’t believe Sejeong unnie is capable of crying that hard’, Somi said looking at me.

We were now at the dance practice waiting for other members to come.

After making a scene in the hallway, Sejeong was called by Ms. Choi to come with her as she was punished to help in the library. But she promised to catch up with me later. And now here I am in the dance club's practice room being interrogated by my friends that has been waiting for my explanation since that scene with Sejeong.

‘I lived in Anyang for a while before we migrated to Texas', I said calmly.

‘And Sejeong was my first friend and only friend there’, I added.

‘Was that the time when you were blind unnie?’, Yoojung asked looking at me.

‘Yes. After I gain my sight again, I tried to reached out to Sejeong but my cousin said she had moved away from Anyang so I wasn’t able to communicate with her. Not until now.’, I said remembering the disappointment I felt from that time.

‘Must have been great to see each other again’, Doyeon.

‘Kyulkyung unnie must be happy for her ship’, Somi suddenly said which made all of us laugh, lightening the atmosphere.

‘You bet I am!!’, Kyulkyung said feeling excited as she enter the practice room.

‘But unnie, I thought you didn’t know Sejeong unnie when we were talking about her yesterday? ’, Kyulkyung asked sitting on the floor to join us.

‘I didn’t know that you were talking about the same Sejeong from my childhood, besides I didn't want to get my hopes up’, I confessed.

‘It was also my first time seeing her. I didn’t have any picture of her, so I don’t really have any idea of what she looks like.’, I added.

‘It’s a relief that you two met each other again then. You have plenty of time now to catch up with her.’, Nayoung said which made me smile.

‘By the way, wheres Mina? Why is she always late? ’, Doyeon asked looking around the room.

‘Probably eating again with her girlfriend’, Somi said.

‘Seriously, if those two got married all their money will probably be spent on their food’, she added.

‘Probably’, Doyeon said laughing.

 

After our practice we decided to go to the café in Mina’s Dorm. It is our favorite place to hang out especially after long practices. The foods they serve perfectly fit my taste and I personally love the friendly atmosphere they give. It just has this certain vibe that makes you feel at home and welcomed.    

As we enter the café we were welcomed by a smiling Sejeong who is w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter