Nightmare

Can't Help Falling In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While cuddling with my favorite person on the couch, somebody interrupted us and when we looked, it was the doctor.

 

"We did our best, but he didn't make it. We're very sorry."

 

Those words I heard from the doctor made me feel numb, my eyes can't even move properly. I just stayed on my position, staring at the doctor as my vision were starting to blur because of the tears trying to escape on my eyes. My mouth was just trying to open to speak, but then will close again for I can't find any word to say. 

 

Lisa immediately moved closer to me and hugged me tight while I still can't move. Eyes widened with full of tears flowing, jaw dropped, and my whole body is shaking. 

 

"I'm here, love. I'm here."

 

With that my body finally responded with everything happened just now as I held her very tight and sobbed while she rested my head on her neck and patted my back.

 

"A-abeoji..."

 

"He's in heaven now, love. I'm sure he's there with Him."

 

"He's in the morgue now, Jisoo. Again we're very sorry."

 

The doctor said and he left.

 

Just in time the doctor left, Jennie and Chaeyoung went back. 

 

"What happened?"

 

Jennie asked and sat beside me who's still clinging to Lisa. I can't speak properly as my sobbing aren't stopping so Lisa told her everything. Jen covered her opened mouth using her hand and leaned to my back as she tried to hug my waist.

 

"I can't believe this."

 

She said and joined me on my crying session. She's also close with abeoji since both of our father were friends before. We were playing together on my house and abeoji will give us snacks and will also join in our game. Abeoji treated her just like her own daughter that's why I know how it also affected Jennie. 

 

Chaeyoung pulled Jennie to her so that she can comfort her girlfriend. Chaeyoung cannot control her tears anymore since among us she's the one who cries easily so she also cried along with us. But not as loud as mine and Jen's.

 

Even though my knees were weak, we went to the morgue as the doctor said that abeoji is here. The moment we enter the morgue I saw a figure lying on the bed with a blanket covered in it. 

 

"Is that really my father?"

 

I asked the other person inside. 

 

"Mr. Kim's daughter? Yes, that's him."

 

Tears were starting to flow again as I walked closer to the figure. And my heart felt like it's literally breaking into pieces when I removed the blanket and saw my father, his eyes were closed and his body was so pale and cold as ice. 

 

"Can you leave us for a moment? Please?"

 

The guy nodded and started to leave and left the four of us with abeoji.

 

"Also you, guys."

 

They also went out of the morgue, but except for Lisa who was staring at me.

 

"You too, love."

 

"But-"

 

"Let's give her some time alone, Lis. Let's go."

 

Jennie said and held her wrist.

 

"I'll be waiting just outside."

 

Lisa said and started to walk out of the room. I looked again at my father and the never ending tears started to flow again.

 

"Abeoji..."

 

I said in between my sobs.

 

"You told me that you'll be fine right?"

 

I held his cold hand and gently caressed his hair.

 

"You told me not to worry. You said you wanted to meet Lisa, right? She's outside, abeoji, you can meet her now."

 

I stared at him and waited for his answer though I know that he wouldn't anymore.

 

"Abeoji, wake up please. We still have a lot of things to do."

 

"Abeoji..."

 

My voice were started to crack as I leaned closer to hug him, not minding anymore if his body were so cold and pale. Tears can't stop flowing down to my face.

 

"How dare you leave me just like this?"

 

I felt anger, sadness and hurt in one time. My mind was still on its process on accepting the fact that he's already gone, and will never go back to life again.

 

"What about the picnic you were planning? What about my upcoming graduation? You wanted to go up on stage during my ceremony, right?"

 

"Now...how?"

 

"How can you do that if you already left me out here?"

 

"A-abeoji...wake up now please? You can just say that this is just a joke, that you're just pulling up a prank. I won't get mad, I promise. I just...I just want you to...to wake up."

 

I stood up and wiped the tears as I held the blanket on him. But before I covered it on him, I kissed his forehead and leaned again for a hug. The never ending tears of mine started to flow again.

 

"You're so unfair for leaving me like this, abeoji. But remember that I still love you no matter what. I just hate the fact that you left me so early now that I'm just starting to take care of you. I hope you'll enjoy your second life up there, with Him. Let's meet again after...60 years? I love you so much, abeoji and damn. I already miss you and your silly jokes."

 

I went outside and saw the three girls sitting on the bench, patiently waiting for me. Only Lisa stood up because Jennie was sleeping on Chaeng's lap who's also sleeping too while she's resting her head on her arms leaning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter