Revelation

Can't Help Falling In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's talk somewhere else."

 

Abeoji said as he told Lisa to go ahead first. Lisa nodded and held my hand first before leaving but I have no strength to look at her or even speak. My mind still in shock because of him. He looked at me worriedly and guided me to go outside. 

 

We sat on a bench on the garden outside the hospital. I just sat there on silence still in shock. He rested his hands on mine and caressed my knuckles. I can't look at him straight so I just stared on his hands, letting myself not to cry.

 

"Jisoo..."

 

Abeoji, why?

 

Why did you planned to keep this as a secret to me?

 

Do you really want to suffer alone?

 

Those were the words I want to say to him, but my mouth can't open to speak instead I felt the tears falling down from my eyes. He pulled me and I sobbed as I burried my face on his chest. 

 

"Don't cry Jisoo, please. I'm sorry."

 

His voice cracked when he said those words. I tried to look at him and saw him looking up above, with tears also on his eyes. 

 

"Why, abeoji?" 

 

Finally I can speak.

 

"Are you that sick?" 

 

We both released from the hug and faced each other. His eyes with the usual happy look now is filled with sadness, and it makes me hurt to death.

 

"Brain tumor. I'm sorry really honey for keeping this from you. I just don't want you to be hurt and also to suffer. I know you. Once you know that someone important to you is in a bad condition, you will do everything just to help them. I don't want to see you my treasure to be like that because of me."

 

"That's not enough reason to keep this as a secret! I'm still your daughter! I have the right to know this!"

 

I can't take the hurtness I felt inside so I shouted at him in between my sobs. He then pulled me again and tried to calm me down but my self is not cooperating with him. He just tapped my back and played with my hair gently as I burried again my head on her chest while crying. 

 

It lasted for some minutes more before finally I calmed down and stopped from crying. Abeoji bought a cotton candy from the vendor who just passed by and gave it to me. He still knows that this is my favorite.

 

"Now are we good?"

 

"Nope. Tell me all about it and please, let me help you. You don't have to do this alone, abeoji. I'm here to help you. We can do this." 

 

"Thank you, sweetie. It all started actually two years ago. Remember when I passed out on the oval field? That's when it started but it was just a small tumor."

 

"That day you told me that it's just because of the hot weather."

 

I'm in the urge to cry again but I managed not to and just continued eating. It pains my heart hearing that he's already suffering for long but did not even told me about it. While me at that time is just waisting everything I have. 

 

"Yes, and I'm sorry again for lying. And then as I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter