Book Three- Chapter Two

You're Mine

It had been two weeks that Kyungsoo became one of the EG staff yet Chanyeol never want to meet him. Even when they met by coincidence, Chanyeol would stare at him and did nothing. Neither smiled nor greeted him. It was like Chanyeol didn't know him. It was like Chanyeol couldn't recognize him anymore. Kyungsoo felt sad. He felt like he had waste his whole time waiting for Chanyeol when that guy already forgot about him finally. 

Kyungsoo knew that Chanyeol had returned from China but he didn't know that Chanyeol had become the CEO of EG, the company he worked at. Even Jessica and Lay didn't tell him about it. He could accept it but all he just couldn't accept was the way Chanyeol treated him, making him like outsider. 

Kyungsoo was so busy thinking about the way Chanyeol treated him that he didn't realize it was lunch time already. Other staffs already went out to the nearest restaurant, leaving him alone. He only realized it when his stomach started to growl. He felt hunger but he didn't have appetite. His mind was only thinking about Chanyeol. 

Suddenly, Kyungsoo's phone rang. The sound caused Kyungsoo to startle. He let out a sigh. He looked around him and turned to look at his phone. Yoona called him. It was the third call. Kyungsoo picked up the phone when Yoona called him for the fourth time. 

Yoona called Kyungsoo to ask him to grab lunch with her. She missed Kyungsoo already even though they had met each others three days ago. Kyungsoo wanted to reject the invitation as he didn't have appetite but Yoona kept forcing him to go out with her. 

So, here they were, at Yoona's restaurant. They ordered none other than kimbap, Kyungsoo's favourite food. 

Yoona stared at Kyungsoo. That guy didn't  even touch his kimbap. He seemed in problem. Yoona felt guilty as she thought that Kyungsoo behaved like that because of her. She stopped eating. She took a tissue in front of her and wiped . 

"Kyungsoo, I'm sorry! "Yoona apologized Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo didn't give any response. It caused Yoona to feel more guilty. She held Kyungsoo's hand. Kyungsoo startled. It caused Yoona to shock too. She let out a sigh of relieve. 

"Yha! What's wrong with you? "Yoona scolded Kyungsoo. She even slapped that guy's hand. 

Kyungsoo screamed out of pain. He looked at the annoying Yoona. 

"What? "Kyungsoo asked. 

"Yha! Why are you like this? You don't like to have lunch with me? "Yoona asked. She felt guilty for slapping Kyungsoo's hand just now. 

"No! No! I'm glad with that but.. "Kyungsoo stopped his next sentence. He thought twice, whether to tell Yoona or not about Chanyeol. 

Kyungsoo looked at Yoona. That beautiful lady didn't do anything. She replied the stare and waited for Kyungsoo to continue his next sentence. She lifted up her left brow. 

"I'm one of the EG staff, "Kyungsoo told Yoona at last. 

"Seriously? Chanyeol is the CEO, am I right? "Yoona shocked. She asked Kyungsoo. She was so shock that she didn't realize they she already stood up. 

"Yha Yoona! Please sit down! "Kyungsoo told Yoona. He felt ashamed with Yoona's spontaneous reaction. 

Yoona who just realized about it, looked around. She let out a relieve sigh. Their table was located at hidden spot where not everyone could see them. She turned to look at Kyungsoo and waited for Kyungsoo to answer her. Her face was still in red of embarrassment. Kyungsoo shook his head. 

"What a shame! Yes, he is! "Kyungsoo answered at last. 

"Then, why your face looks like you have problems? Does Chanyeol can't recognize you? "Yoona asked Kyungsoo again. 

Kyungsoo lifted up his head quickly. He was quiet amazed with Yoona who could guess in just one try! He nodded his head slowly. His head slowly went downward, staring at the cold kimbap. 

"It's because he is so busy with works and his engagement which is just around the corner! "Kai intterupted. He was from somewhere. 

Both Kyungsoo and Yoona shocked! Not because of the appearance of Kai, but because of the news! Kyungsoo's heart felt like being shaken after hearing the word engagement from Kai. He felt like his life had been ruined! Chanyeol leaved him without any word. No wonder he acted like he didn't know Kyungsoo! He would be other's husband sooner! 

"Who's that girl? "Yoona asked Kai. She knew that Kyungsoo wouldn't ask. She also knew that Kyungsoo was sad - really sad right now! 

"His own secretary, Hyoyeon! "Kai told her. He looked at Kyungsoo, whose face turned to paler. 

"I don't believe you! Hyoyeon is my best friend and she never tell me about it! "Yoona yelled at Kai. She just couldn't believe outsider as Hyoyeon, her best friend hadn't tell her anything. 

"What a pity lady! How can she tell you when she is so busy with the preparation of the engagement? "Kai answered Yoona calmly. He then leaved both Kyungsoo and Yoona. 

Yoona turned to look at Kyungsoo. She felt sympathy toward that guy. She might be happy for both Chanyeol and Hyoyeon. She also felt happy as Kyungsoo would be solo, so she would have a chance. But staring at Kyungsoo's face caused her to feel more sympathy than happy. 

"Don't worry Soo! This news needs to be verify by both Chanyeol and Hyoyeon themselves. I'll call Hyoyeon to ask her about it, "Yoona persuaded Kyungsoo. Her heart felt hurt with the fact that she sincerely would help Kyungsoo about the news. 

Kyungsoo stood still. He only nodded his head. He thanked Yoona for offering her help. He smiled to Yoona although it was a fake smile.