Twenty Six

It's Not Fine

 

The following months later, Taeyeon has accepted that it was okay to be missing Tiffany. As long as she was coping in the proper ways, it was human to miss the person that you love.

 

But as she had tours around the globe and new music was being released and promoted, there was not much time where she actually felt it.

 

She was set to go to Europe for busking filming and even though it was for work, she was quite excited. 

Before that, the cast met up for a few weeks to practise. Apart from her own songs, the producer suggested that she pick a few other songs to prepare.

When Paul Kim requests for a duet partner for his song ‘Me after you’, she immediately raises her hand and shows interest in singing the song.

Lee Juck suggests they do ‘Gee’ and everyone agrees. Taeyeon smiles shyly.

 

Taeyeon texts the soshi group chat.

Guys! We will be doing Gee in Begin Again! Thinking about all of you ♡ I wish we could do Gee together again! 

 

Seohyun: Nice! Can’t wait to see it! 

Sunny: Omg Gee! It’s been awhile.

Sooyoung: I thought you hate this song 

Yuri: Fr 🤣

Yoona: I miss you guys too! 

Tiffany: ♡

Of course Hyoyeon was nowhere to be found.

 

It was finally time to head to Germany. Taeyeon packs her luggage and gets a good rest before heading to the airport. She didn’t feel awkward meeting up with the other cast members as they were well acquainted during their practise sessions.

 

It was the second day of busking. It was time to do the duet together. Taeyeon had specifically requested the few lines that she would sing and Paul Kim gladly agreed.

He starts the song beautifully, as if a CD was played. His voice was crazy stable as he bared his feelings through the song.

 

After meeting me, are you happy too?

Taeyeon enters with her clear and gentle voice

 

I’m sorry that I have more that I couldn’t give you

She sings with much regret in her voice.

 

I am selfish and unstable

Paul Kim harmonises with her.

 

But I wanted to treat you well

She sings alone, hoping to convey her deepest feelings.

 

She knew that Tiffany probably would not see this. But she hopes that if she does, she is able to feel how Taeyeon truly felt about her.



 

Carrying all the feelings she had into the next day, she sang with all her might. Fueling on the adrenaline that came after singing ‘Like I’m gonna lose you’, she picks up her phone and creates a text message.

 

I miss you.

 

It was almost 12 am and she was a little flushed from the pint of beer she had just drank with the others.

Her finger floats above the send button, not being able to decide if she should press it.

it.

Her finger lands on the button and she locks her phone, before quickly throwing it to the other side of the bed as if she was playing hot potato. Her phone buzzes immediately, and her screen lights up.

She hesitates, before stretching to pick the phone and look at the notification. It was from Tiffany. She takes a deep breath before pressing on the notification.

 

I miss you too. Dearly.

 

Taeyeon’s heart warms as she reads the message. She locks her phone and lies on the pillow, staring at the ceiling and waiting for sleep to arrive.



 

They were now in the Netherlands for filming. They had just finished their busking and Taeyeon could not sleep because of the buzz that surrounded her after the ‘Gee’ performance. It was the first time coming to the country and being able to experience an unplanned bunch of people singing along with her was amazing.

She grabs a can of beer before heading to the living room where Paul Kim was. The rest had already retired to their rooms but evidently, Paul was also not tired.

He was sipping his beer when Taeyeon came and sat across from him. 

“Not sleepy?” He asks, surprised as Taeyeon was usually the one dozing off in the car.

“Nah, the adrenaline from the performance just now is still pumping in my veins.” She laughs.

“It’s so cool to be in a foreign country and so many people still recognise you. I’m envious of that.” He admits. 

“Until now I still can’t believe it. It’s crazy to me too.” She shakes her head in disbelief.

 

“Do you have a girlfriend?” They talked for a little more before Taeyeon asked, out of curiosity.

 

He presses his lips into a thin line upon hearing the question. Taeyeon could see the internal debate that he was having. It was giving the impression of  “should I tell her or not?” Taeyeon waits patiently for him to make a decision. 

He exhales and says slowly. “I don’t. But I had a boyfriend. He’s the bassoonist you met in Berlin.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened slightly, “oh, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to assume.” 

“It’s okay,” He waves his hand. “Do you? Have someone I mean.”

Taeyeon shakes her head. “I was with someone for a while. But we broke up because she went to the States and I couldn’t do long distance. It was too hard for me.”

The pronoun did not go unnoticed by Paul and he nods solemnly. “Long distance was what broke us too.” 

 

They then finished their beers and went to rest, feeling the new bond they had with each other. 

 


 

A/N: physically in 2023 mentally in ty’s begin again era :/