Twenty Two

It's Not Fine

 

Everyone knows that Taeyeon doesn’t drink much. But nobody (except the members) knows it's because of that one time she did.

 

One fateful day, the soshi girls decided to have a little drinking session at the dorm. Well, it’s not exactly little, but to seasoned drinkers like Sunny and Yuri, it was child’s play.

Taeyeon had abstained from alcohol ever since that one time before where she almost came out to the members. She didn’t, but as the words prepared to come out of , she immediately sobered up and vowed to never drink again. 

 

This time, she had decided to let loose a little because if anything happened, Tiffany, Sunny or even Sooyoung was there to shut her weak up. She informs Tiffany in advance.

 

That day, everyone happened to be free, even those who had schedules ended early and they were able to arrive at the dorm before dinner. Being the resident drinkers, Sunny and Yuri were tasked to obtain the liquor. (Even to this day the other members would say that it was a mistake.) Because they entered the dorm with a trolley. Literally the one you use in a supermarket because it was too heavy for them to bring up by hand. 

“Let me unload this and then I’ll head back to the supermarket to return it.” Yuri informs when the other members were standing there, mouth agape as she carries two cartons of beer down and at least twenty bottles of soju.

Nobody was complaining though, because it had been awhile where they were able to just let loose and drink to their heart's content.

Everyone was seated in the living room obediently, waiting for someone to start. Sunny takes a bottle of soju and shakes it, before knocking it with her elbow and spinning the bottle and unscrewing it like a professional, which earned cheers. 

When Taeyeon took the first shot, apart from the little face warming, she felt that it was still okay. Better than she had thought. Carrying this energy, she took five more shots, oh boy was she regretting it now. Her face flushed a deep red and the room was spinning lightly. She felt as if it was like those third person views in shooting games. Like she was controlling the character from a screen. 

She needs to pee. 

She stands up, and steadies herself. 

“Are you okay?” Tiffany asks worriedly. Taeyeon nods three times and regrets almost immediately because the room spins faster. 

She tries to walk straight to the bathroom but it’s like her body has a mind of its own. She staggers and clutches the door handle tightly as she reaches. She then shows a thumbs up to the worried members before heading in and doing her business.

When she comes out, someone pushes a can of beer in her hands and forces her to take a few gulps which she does. She sits back down beside Tiffany and tries to pay attention to the television that was showing a random variety show. 

 

After doing a few more shots, she feels herself blabbering about things she really meant deep in her heart, slightly unable to control .

“Yoonayah, you’re so beautiful. Never listen to anyone who says otherwise.” Yoona had a toothy grin, fully feeling the compliment.

“Sooyoungah, you’re so kind. You’re kinder than the kindest person on earth! I hope Kyungho treats you like the queen you are.” Sooyoung shyly swipes her hand in the air.

“What about me!!!” Hyoyeon whines.

“And me!” Yuri waves her hand.

“Yeah me too!” Tiffany pouts. Sunny rolls her eyes at the three of them who were high as kites. Seohyun chuckles softly at the sight.

 

“You.” Taeyeon points at Hyoyeon. “You are our pride. Girl’s Generation could never be Girl’s Generation without you. I hope you never forget that!”

 

“You,” Taeyeon brings her attention to Yuri.

 

“You are so ing hot! Everyone, say it with me. So ing hot!” Taeyeon claps her hand at the harmonisation.

 

“And you,” She finally turns to the girl beside her. “Are the love of my life.” She moves in to capture Tiffany’s lips. Tiffany froze. 

“Can you put in more effort in kissing me?” Taeyeon groans impatiently. She then notices everyone’s silence and then moves back in shock. Oh .

 

Oh no oh no oh no no no no. 

 

“.” She curses lightly, immediately sobering up a bit. She leans back and scans everyone’s shocked faces. 

“I…” 

“I’m sorry.” Taeyeon tries to get up and leave but Tiffany holds her down. “It’s okay.” Tiffany whispers.

“I guess, it’s time to tell you that we’re together.” Tiffany grasps Taeyeon’s hand tightly, and faces the other members. 

 

“Oh my. It took me a while to process but congratulations! I am happy for you!” Seohyun speaks up.

“Damn, finally.” Yuri pats Taeyeon’s back.

“Yeah! It’s about time!” Yoona teases.

“I can’t believe I didn’t figure it out sooner.” Hyoyeon’s eyes widened as she remembered the fact that Taeyeon and Tiffany were always sleeping together whenever she came over to stay the night.

 

“So you guys are okay with it?” Taeyeon looks earnestly in their eyes, searching for any disgust that they might have felt.

“Of course.” Yuri reassures and Yoona, Seohyun and Hyoyeon nod in agreement.

“Although, maybe you shouldn’t drink when you’re with people out of this group, in case this happens again.” Sooyoung suggests.

Taeyeon agrees. 

“But for now, let's get you faced! It’s Tiffany’s problem anyway!” Sooyoung laughs and pushes a shot into Taeyeon’s hand. “Cheers!”

 



A/N: hope yall liked this! Its one of my faves hehe thanks for reading and have a great one!