Chapter 9

Dangerously In Love (Michaeng)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Omo! Yours is blue? Assa! We're on the same group!" Chaeyoung said excitedly.

Mina just smiled as she saw how excited Chaeyoung is. She feels happy as well to be in the same group with her.

Then someone approached them holding a blue token.
"So, we're the blue team eh? Glad that you'll be my groupmates." The third member said.

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 9]

They both turned to see who it was.

"Oh, Jeongyeon-ssi, you're our third groupmate?" Mina asked.

"Yup. I'm glad that it's you two. This is going to be fun!" Jeongyeon said with a smiling face.

"Yeah right." Chaeyoung said sarcastically.

Jeongyeon sat in front of Mina. Then the teacher explained what the project is about. It's a research to be conducted on some of the historical places in Korea. Each team were assigned a historical place and they need to make a written report and a presentation about it.

"Changgyunggung Palace. Not bad. It's not far from here so it's accessible." Chaeyoung said as she looked at the paper where its written.

"Have you been there Mina-ssi?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Not yet. I don't really go out that much. There's a lot of places I haven't been to yet." Mina replied.

"Really? Then this is a good opportunity. We'll tour you to some epic places here in Seoul, right Chaeyoung?" Jeongyeon poked her with her elbow.

The three of us? Really? Chaeyoung let out a sigh.
"Uh? Yes. Of course."

"Great! I'm really glad to team up with you two." Mina said smiling.

Chaeyoung doesn't know if she'll be happy because she's groupmates with Mina, or annoyed cause Jeongyeon is with them. She's not really fond of her.

----------------------

After class..

"Let's go Mina-ssi." Chaeyoung grabbed Mina's bag and offered her hand to help her stand up.

"I'm really thankful that you're taking care of me but I can go by myself now. I'm bothering you too much already." Mina said apologetically.

"C'mon. We're friends, we should take care of each other. Not unless you don't consider me as one?"

"No, of course I do. You're the first person I befriended here. How could I not consider you as one."

Chaeyoung blushed. "Then no need to be embarassed. Let's go."

Mina stood up, she put her right arm on Chaeyoung's shoulder even before Chaeyoung held her. Chaeng just smiled with the sudden action, then she slipped her arm around Mina's waist to assist her walk. They seem to be pretty close now and comfortable with each other.

They chatted about ideas for the project while walking, when suddenly a car honked at them. They stopped and they saw Jeongyeon inside rolling down the window.

"Get in, I'll give you guys a ride." She's sitting in the back.

The two looked at each other, quite hesitant.

"C'mon now, what are you waiting for? Chaeyoung-a, are you really gonna let her walk like that?"

Chaeyoung looked at Mina, then down to her foot. She's right.
She sighed heavily, then turned to Mina with a smiling face. "Let's go."

Mina agreed. Jeongyeon opened the door and Mina got in, as usual Chaeng put her hand to protect Mina's head. She was about to go in as well but Jeongyeon stopped her.

"Just sit in the front Chaeng. It'll get too crowded and Mina might feel uncomfortable."

Really?! Like it's still so spacious! Urgh! Chaeng got upset.

Mina noticed Chaeyoung frowned. "No it's ok. Chaeyoung can still fit here."

"It's okay. I'll sit in the front." She said coldly and closed the door. She went to the front seat and sat beside the driver. She peeked at the rearview mirror and saw Jeongyeon moved closer to Mina.

What the?

"Where do you live Mina-ssi?" Jeongyeon asked.

"In Dunchong-dong, Gangdong District. Not too far from here."

"Really? So you're in the same neighborhood with Chaengie? Aah, that's why you're heading home together." Jeongyon nodded as she realized. "Ahjussi, you know where to go."

"Ne." the driver replied.

Chaeyoung was just listening then she saw on the side of her eyes that Jeongyeon laid her hand on Mina's lap.

"So, how is you sprain? Does it still hurt much?"

Mina was surprised but just ignored it. She thought maybe she's just too friendly and clingy to her friends.

"I'm fi-" Mina was about to reply but Chaeng interrupted.

"She's fine."

Both looked at Chaeyoung who's now staring at the window. Then Jeongyeon continued.

"I hope it'll get better soon. Chaeng and I will go to the place tomorrow. You can do some research at home so you can rest."

"No, I'll go with you guys. Its getting better now so I should be able to walk by then."

"Are you sure? I'm just worried you might hurt yourself again."

"I'll be fine." Mina smiled.

"By the way, give me your number so I can contact you." She handed her phone to Mina.

Chaeyoung's eyebrow raise with what she heard.

"For the project of course." Jeongyeon added.

"Sure." Mina put her mobile number and gave back the phone.

"We're here." Chaeyoung said. They're in front of Mina's appartment. She got out of the car and opened Mina's door.

Mina carefully got out with Chaeng assisting her. Then she bended and peeked at Jeongyeon who's still sitting inside.

"Thanks for the ride Jeongyeon. See you tomorrow." Mina waved goodbye.

"No problem." She waved as well. "Oh Chaeyoung, why did you get off already? Isn't your house still four blocks away?"

"It's ok. I'll just walk." Chaeyoung replied without even glancing at her.

"Oh ok then. Take care you two." then they drove off.

****

Mina noticed Chaeyoung's unusual behavior. What's wrong with her? She's been too silent since the ride.
"You okay Chaeyoung?"

"Huh? Yeah I'm fine." As she opens the gate for Mina. "Go inside now and rest. What will you eat for dinner?"

"Uhm. I still have some bread so I'll make a sandwich."

"That's not enough though. Anyway, go inside now. Make sure to lock the door."

She must be tired. "Ok, bye!" Mina smiled as she entered.

Chaeyoung walked, feeling so grumpy. She's really not in the mood. Then suddenly she received a text message. She checked her phone and it's from an unknown number. Who could this be?

'Take care. -Mina'

Chaeyoung's eyes widened, she didn't expect that. Then she realized she's smiling widely. No need for me to ask for her number.
She immediately saved it on her contacts. Those two words made her day. Her mood changed. She started humming happily until she reached home.

'Just got home.' She replied. She took off her shoes and threw herself on the couch, looking at her phone wating for a reply.

'Good. Rest now. Thanks for today.'

She's blushing while reading it, she suddenly grabbed a pillow and hugged it.

"Seems like you're in a good mood today?" A woman entered the living room.

"Mom?" Chaeng was surprised and quickly hid her phone. "You're home early."

"Well the meeting finished early so I had time to buy grocery. I'll cook Kimchi-jjigae for dinner."

"My favorite!" Chaeng suddenly remembered something. "I'll help you prepare." Then she got up and went to the kitchen.

"Aigoo, you don't have to."

"Eomma, can you add one more serving? I'd lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter