Chapter 12

Dangerously In Love (Michaeng)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The noise at the canteen got louder as a familiar person entered. All eyes are on her as she walked towards their direction. 

"Heol!" Sana exclaimed. "Wait, why is she coming this way?" She whispered to Dahyun. 

Mina got really curious and turned around to see who it was. Then she saw someone standing right in front of her. 

"Excuse me, are you the new girl?" The girl asked. 

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 12]

"Yeah. Sorry but who are you?" Mina asked looking at her. 

"Im Nayeon." She offered her hand for a handshake. 

Mina hesitated for a while, then took her hand. "Myoui Mina." They shook hands. 

"So, you're the new girl who took my throne when I was away." Nayeon said sarcastically with a smile on her face. 

"Eh? Excuse me?" Mina was shocked and confused. What is she talking about?

**** 

Meanwhile.. 

"Hi ssaem, Ms. Kim told us to bring this here. Where should we put it?" Jeong asked as they entered the faculty room. 

"Just put it on her desk." The teacher replied pointing to the direction. 

After organizing it on the table, they left the room and it seems chaotic outside. All the students were talking with each other like something's going on. The two got curious. 

"Hey, what's going on?" Jeong asked the student who just passed by. 

"She's back!" The student said excitedly. 

"Who?" Chaeng asked. 

"Nayeon. She's at the canteen. She went to see the new girl, Mina." 

Both were shocked and looked at each other like they had an understanding and quickly ran to the canteen. They were panting as they got to the scene. 

"Eh? Excuse me?" Mina said. 

Nayeon was about to respond but someone butted in. 

"Nayeonie??!" Jeongyeon asked in surprise. 
"Oh? Jeongyeon-a!" Nayeon smiled and went closer to Jeong. 

"What are you doing here?!" 

"Well I'm back obviously. Why? Aren't you pleased to see me?" 

"I—it's not that. I just thought you'll not be back until next month." 

"Well our program ended early. I purposely didn't mention it to surprise you. Surprise!" She said acting cute. 

Jeongyeon tried to laugh forcedly while scratching her head. "Oh is that so? But what are you doing here in the canteen?" she asked, pretty nervous. 

"I'm just checking out the transferee. I heard a lot of things happened when I was away specially when she arrived. I'm just curious that's all." She replied glancing at Mina raising her brows. Then she changed again to a cute expression. "Babe I missed you!" Clinging to Jeong's arms. 

Jeong laughed again forcedly. She's still shocked and nervous at the same time. "I missed you too. Oh by the way I need to talk to Ssaem about being late today. Let's go." 

"Gurae." They were about to head out when Nayeon glanced again at Mina. "Nice meeting you!" Then they left. 

Mina just smiled in response. 

After they left, Chaeyoung sat beside Mina. She was standing behind Jeongyeon the whole time. 

"Okay, that was intense." Dahyun said. 

"The queen is back." Sana added. 

"What was that about? Who is she?" Mina asked, very confused. 

"She's the Campus Sweetheart / The Queen, Jeongyeon's girlfriend." Dahyun explained. 

"She went overseas as an exchange student and now she's back after five months. She's like the image and role model of the school, pretty and smart that's why everyone loves her." Sana added. 

"Not everyone." Chaeng inserted. 

"But why did she come here to meet me?" Mina knows who she is now but it's still not clear on why she acted like that. 

"Girl you're blind!" Dahyun replied with a frustrated look, shaking her head. 

Sana chuckled then explained again. "Well, everything was normal until you arrived. Things were stirred up a little and the students started to pay attention to you. And—, urgh! Do I really need to explain everything? You'll just realize it one day." 

"That's enough. Let's go and order food, I'm hungry and it's almost time." Chaeng got up and grabbed Mina's hand. She still has a lot to ask but yeah, food is more important. 

****** 

As they ate lunch, the three were conversing about school matters while Chaeng was just silent. After they ate, they went to their classrooms. 

Why is she suddenly so silent? She hasn't said a thing since we ate. Mina kept checking on her as they walked. 

As they entered the room, the students gathered around Nayeon who's sitting beside Jeongyeon. She's sharing the experience she had when she was in the States. Then she noticed Jeong's seatmate is now sitting on the back. 

"Oh? Why are you here in the back? Thought your eyesight is not that good that's why you sit right in front. And you're Jeong's seatmate right?" Mina asked as she sat. 

"Well she needs it more. Those two are inseparable." She replied with loving eyes. 

Wow, I didn't know she's that popular that this kid would even sacrifice for her.

The students settled down as their instructor arrives. Next subject is Music. After the discussion, the teacher made an announcement. 

"We'll have a project before midterm exams." 

The students moaned in disagreement as they're already busy with their project in History. 

The teacher silenced them and continued. "This will be an individual project and each of you will be composing a song and will be performing it at the auditorium next week." 

The noise got louder as they protest with the given task. 

"Ssaem that's not right. We have a lot more to do and why would we even perform it? Not all of us can sing!" One of the students complained. The others second the motion. 

"Guys, guys settle down. It's not that hard to make a song. If you're having difficulty, maybe you can start of with writing a poem. Then we can seek help from our music club in arranging the song." Nayeon said. 

The other students agreed but some are still protesting. 

"Nayeon is right. Just base it on your feelings or emotion, or just keep it simple. Be creative guys. And relaying the message of the song is the most important thing in this project that's why I'm letting you perform it. Why don't you give us a sample Naeyeon-ssi?" 

"Oh? Suddenly? Gurae." Then she cleared . 

(Singing I'm Not the Only One by Sam Smith. Jumping to the bridge part and last chorus.) 

"I have loved you for many years 
Maybe I am just not enough 
You've made me realize my deepest fear 
By lying and tearing us up. 

You say I'm crazy 
'Cause you don't think I've known what you've done 
But when you call me baby 
I know I'm not the only one." 

Nayeon showed off her singing skills by adding some adlibs after chorus. The students clapped as she finnished the song. 
"Gomawo." Then she bowed, satisfied with it. 

"Still talented as always. See? Guys it's not that hard." The teacher said. 

"Yes. Actually it's easier if you base it on your emotions." She said looking at Jeongyeon. Jeong just smiled sarcastically, she knew what she meant by that. 

"How about we have another example from our new student?" Nayeon suggested. 

"Yeah, that would be a good idea. Mina-ssi please stand-up." The teacher instructed. 

Their classmates cheered as her name was called. Chaeyoung was surprised, she doesn't even know if Mina can sing. 

"Naega? No no thanks. I think Nayeon's example is enough Ssaem." Mina politely declined the request. 

"Why? Are you not confident enough?" Nayeon asked with a smirk on her face. 

"If you're shy, you need to overcome it now since you'll be performing in a bigger crowd next week." The teacher explained as she gestured for her to stand-up. 

"Yeah! We want to hear your voice Mina-ssi!" Her classmates cheered for her. 

Urgh! Why so sudden. Why me? Anyway, I have no choice. Should I sing an english song as well? She thought as she hesitates to stand-up. Well, whatever. Then she cleared . She glanced at Chaeyoung first and saw her lowered her head. 

(Singing Only Hope by Mandy Moore) 

"There's a song that's inside of my soul 
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again 
I'm awake in the infinite cold 
But You sing to me over and over and over again 

So I lay my head back down 
And I lift my hands 
and pray to be only Yours 
I pray to be only Yours 
I know now you're my only hope" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter